Fallout 4
  • @ Blue Swirl

1) Nah, you can't craft 'em from scratch, but you can mod 'em to upgrade. Power armour pieces are in the levelled lists, so best hunt down those old T-model series before you hit lvl 30's or you'll be drowning in X01 armour parts.   There are some super-rare legendary pieces too that are worth hunting down...

2) There's one main area that's closed off (or remains open) depending on what sides you er...side with.  But yes, this ain't FO3 pre-Broken Steel - you can keep on playin' as long as you want.   Nuka World is a boss way to end things too. (see pg82 here for my mini-review)
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Still not played any of the DLC as I'm waiting for the Game of the Year edition. Far Harbour looks like the most compelling piece to me.
    Get schwifty.
  • Yah, by far the best of the DLC.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    @ Blue Swirl 1) Nah, you can't craft 'em from scratch, but you can mod 'em to upgrade. Power armour pieces are in the levelled lists, so best hunt down those old T-model series before you hit lvl 30's or you'll be drowning in X01 armour parts.   There are some super-rare legendary pieces too that are worth hunting down... 2) There's one main area that's closed off (or remains open) depending on what sides you er...side with.  But yes, this ain't FO3 pre-Broken Steel - you can keep on playin' as long as you want.   Nuka World is a boss way to end things too. (see pg82 here for my mini-review)

Awesome sauce, thanks.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Am on this again.  Initially buoyed by the news of Creation Club, but wait..paid mods? Haven't we been here before?  It didn't end so well for other titles that tried to monetarize things that had previously been free user created content.  Community backlash has been fierce already.  The sad truth is, is that my (((chem))) addiction to this game is so great that I'd quite happily pay all the bottlecaps I had for proper extra content (e.g. new landmasses) but the E3 video seem to hint at more novelty items like backpacks and goofy power armour.  And how exactly is that going to compete with the modders in the freeworld that are still putting out things like 'Fallout 3 into Fallout 4' ?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I still haven't had my second play through yet, so not touched the DLC either. Will go back in very early next year on the Xbox One X.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Is there a way of getting settlements to defend themselves? I went on a pretty aggressive expansion campaign for the Minute Men, but the defences I've built just seem to be for the settlement in question's happiness rating.

Now I'm getting so many calls for help it's putting me off the game. I've defended so many places so many times the quests are starting to loop.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Just leave em, it all works out ok
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Done and done.
  • I think it was, food + water < or equal to defence = raiders don't attack.

But, yes settlements generally suck.  Sim City mod (settlers build and look after things themselves) seems worth a go though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    I think it was, food + water < or equal to defence = raiders don't attack.

But, yes settlements generally suck.  Sim City mod (settlers build and look after things themselves) seems worth a go though.

Ahh, I'll try upping defense. I generally just made sure numbers were such that the overall happiness went up.

Mods might be feasible if I do a second run, but right now I want them 'chievements.
  • Fallout 4 GOTY edition out september 26th. Hope it's backwards compatible with existing save games. Don't want another witcher 3 GOTY edition issue again. Where my witcher 3 save game wouldn't load.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Hooray! Will grab that for a second play through on the XOX.
    Get schwifty.
  • Last chance to buy an actual Pip Boy too :)

Have gone back to playing Fallout 3 anyhow.  It may have got some stick back in the day for being mostly brown, but boy, they got the post-apocalyptic colour tone spot on for me.  (Even though FO4's brighter colour palette made for a 'better game')

Can't wait to see how Megaton  turns out in the 'Fallout 3 into Fallout 4 mod'.  But for now, I'm off for a trip down memory (Super Duper Mart) lane.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Bethesda recently tweeted a Please Stand By... gif. More Fallout after a seven year Elder Scrolls drought? WTF!
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Oh fuck...actually, could this be for F3/New Vegas remasters? I’m already firing up my Switch.
    Get schwifty.
  • I need to do another NV run. Missions glitched towards the end for me and I never found the motivation to start it again.
  • Really not interested in a FO3 or NV remaster.  Or a port to Switch.  FO5 announcement before any TES one is a bit weird.  A FO 4.5 set in New York or somewhere, I'd go for that.
  • Yeah, that sounds good, the F4 equivalent of NV.
    I want more and more interesting side quests though.
    F4 was pretty empty outside of the main story and the town building, neither of which appealed to me all that much.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    More Fallout 4 means there’s less chance they’re ready to show off their new IP. We’ve had plenty of Fallout, I’d like to see something new. I’m banking and hoping for F3/NV remasters + Starfield reveal at e3.
    Get schwifty.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    I should get back into Fallout 4, but I don't think I can take the Navi-esque "come rescue us from super mutents" spam from the settlements I've founded. I BUILT YOU TURRETS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?
  • I hope it's Fallout 5 so I can buy a new pip boy. A remaster would be disappointing. I thought F4 wasn't great and all that community building guff can jump off a bridge.
  • Blue Swirl wrote:
    I should get back into Fallout 4, but I don't think I can take the Navi-esque "come rescue us from super mutents" spam from the settlements I've founded. I BUILT YOU TURRETS, WHAT ELSE DO YOU WANT?

More turrets.
  • I've just realised how incredibly torn I'm going to be if this turns out to be Fallout 4 PSVR but doesn't carry saves from the standard edition. If it is and does, plus has Aim Controller support, I'm day one.
  • It would be really bloody lovely if they decided to use an actual new engine this time, but I'm quite sure they wont if they think they can get away with it.
  • I put 85 hours into 4 before I gave up on it. Ideal....
    equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii

Send message
    Next Fallout games is revealed to be Fallout 76. Bethesda skipping Fallout 5 to 75, because fuck you, I guess.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Without trolling, I'd be really interested to know who is interested in this and why
  • It's Fallout so they have my attention. Online is a bit off-putting but it depends on how much that is introduced.

Fallout 3/4/NV with coop options, fine. State of Decay or Elder Scrolls Online, no thanks.
  • Apparently this will be set before the first game, so it could be interesting from seeing the world before it got to where it is in the other games. I.e. will there be a Brotherhood etc.
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!