Cities: Skylines
  • beano wrote:
    I've been getting my pictures fix from reddit as you're all arse.
    But I haven't had time to make it perfect yet!

mWwgl5pl.jpg

Ie7uhWHl.jpg

DoXtoX2l.jpg

ASxtmD3l.jpg

IEElqk0l.jpg

kSRLpm2l.jpg

CadRyG5l.jpg

Fo1Ah9Rl.jpg

E0CxSvil.jpg

J9z10dHl.jpg
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Mine is an experiment, I want to make something that isn't a grid.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I don't want Milton Keynes.
  • Same. Aside from a large plot of farmland to the south, and a block of housing to the west, my whole city is very ungridlike. Most of my districts are crescent shaped, with a perimeter of low density housing and shops in the middle. In the mountains to the north are luxury condos along a snaking road with plenty of spacing in between plots, while to the east is my island of massive buildings. To the south east is landfill island, where bodies and rubbish get sent. Office estates are dotted around the city, and my most central plot of land is dedicated to industry.

I really should have taken a picture. Reading this stuff must be very dull.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's really not, but like others have said I crave pictures.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    God Pie, it's gorgeous. I just cracked.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I got an imgur account special just for you guys.  

3L3YGGh.jpg

wMT8JBW.jpg

IUpMD4S.jpg

gO3gqlU.jpg

PmjqBo3.jpg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    That's looking good hands. Lots of money spent on roads though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Phwoar, look at that traffic.
  • The spaces in between the roads will get filled in. Demand for residential is going down. Can't seem to get commercial interests even though my tax rate is like 1 or 2%.

That traffic looking good to you, Kow? You know you want it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm going to have to buy this, even though I know it will run like a pig on my laptop.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Good craic.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • That islands level is the one i'm on. Bridges over water and settlements by the sea has big appeal for me. Hands' city has a similar layout to mine too, although i expanded more toward the water.

So looking forward to how they flesh this all out with expansions and patches. A designated fishing industry could make nice use of all the watery area on my map.
  • I might just need to dip in.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • I assume this won't run at all on my laptop, which is a shame as it looks very cool. Am sad.

Oh well I'll probably just get the Ultimate-GOTY-all-DLCexceptforthosetwo-edition on a Steam sale for £3.45 three years from now.

Enjoying the descriptions and pics though, keep it up. I would like to see some pics of these 'failing' cities, someone should see how shit a city they can make that still just about works.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Have boughted, will probably regret due to crappie laptop and no time.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Death plagues my city. Traffic too. Got half a mill in the bank and unlocked lots so I might start destroying shit now.

Before and after pics, promise.

Also simshitty mentality meant I've tried to cram as much into one box as possible. Durh.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    My drug borough has turned out to be very prosperous and happy. Environmentally friendly too. And has a fire station I accidentally built.
  • beano wrote:
    Also simshitty mentality meant I've tried to cram as much into one box as possible. Durh.

I did this too to start with. Then I realised I had space to work with and started going crazy building my roads everywhere. Maybe my next city will be more ordered and geometric. But never a grid.
  • Game is too hard!

...back to Dark Souls.
  • Very tempted by this but worried about it being too time consuming!

Is it on mac or just windows?
  • Mac:
    Minimum:
    Operating System: OS X 10.10 OS X 10.9 OS X 10.9 (64-bit), Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo, 3.0GHz / AMD Athlon 64 X2 6400+, 3.2GHz, RAM: 4GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 260, 512 MB / ATI Radeon HD 5670, 512 MB
    Recommended:
    Operating System: OS X 10.10 OS X 10.9 OS X 10.9 (64-bit) Processor: Intel Core i5-3470, 3.20GHz / AMD FX-6300, 3.5Ghz, RAM: 6GB, Graphics Card: nVIDIA GeForce GTX 660, 2 GB / AMD Radeon HD 7870, 2 GB
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Its good. It does indeed run like a pig on my laptop but its perfectly playable on low settings. 

City pics soon.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Game is too hard! ...back to Dark Souls.

Fucking dead people stacking up in houses.

Arg. Can' demolish some shit. Might start again.

CwyotMI.jpg

Can't work out how to do screenshots with no UI. ??
  • Click the video camera icon in the very bottom right.
  • Haha I like your districts. Formby is very trees-y.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Click the video camera icon in the very bottom right.

Oh cheers! I've never clicked that. Death continues to grow here in Rocko although I made some progress by landing crematoriums here and there the bodies started pilling up again.

I went mad on a new area....

EXk6muJ.jpg

I filled Huyton full of potheads too, if you noticed and I hear you can get bottles of Lambrini from the industrial estate, just like in real life.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Now you just need a volcano.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I can't seem to be able to lay paths on these wide roads with trees, I really wanted to lay paths in all that green space.

I think my next foram into a new save will have much application of what I am learning. The next area is going to be an in-depth experiment in roads.

In this one I learned traffic was minimal always flowing, I ran one big windy road in and out of the domain, but when I connected bits together traffic jams appeared. I think the secret sauce here is not to have any junctions or traffic lights.

I've pretty much given up on taking care of the dead in my city.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    SimCity had a good option to fill in gaps with bits of park and trees. That doesn't seem to be here, unless I haven't unlocked it yet.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!