Cities: Skylines
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Really need to sort that traffic out.

TMdlsgl.jpg
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • What's the difference between the deluxe and normal editions?
  • Deluxe gets you 4 monuments and some artwork. Sounds like a waste of money.
  • Some ideas for things i would like in an update. May have mentioned a few already.

- Landfill should be an industrial, painted zone, similar to the others.
    - Fishing industry. Again painted, like the other zones, albeit obviously in water.
    - Prisons. These are to police what landfill is to waste disposal.
    - Social policy of gun legalisation. This would increase demand for police and ambulance services, but alleviate the burden on prisons.
    - Social policy of solar panels on the roofs of residential areas.
    - Social policy of intensive farming, which brings increased prosperity at the cost of decreased health.
    - Car parks.
    - Tunnels.
    - A selection of buildings that function like parks (cinemas, theaters etc).
    - Slipways to bolt onto main roads.
    - Cable cars
    - Seasons and related demands (water consumption goes up in the summer, electricity consumption rises in the winter).
    - Canals and lakes.
    - Public transport boats.
    - Trade unions.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I imagine a lot of that is on the way. Tunnels are in next update I think.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • Hour and a half in, in profit and happy people but I'm broke.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Don't expand too quickly, and make sure that you have sufficient power surplus before you do expand our you will run into trouble.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Expand as fast as you can, putting sewerage pipes everywhere first and foremost.Then build a road.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Agree with cow. Only way to learn.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Quick, someone build a city shaped like a Swastika.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • This game just devours time.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Was losing loads of money due to abandoned highrises from all the death, was on -4k a week, so demolished all the death houses, seems you can flatten the dead and then demolished all the abandoned ones too for good measure. Wiped out a third of my population and also nearly all my cash monies. Making a profil now but I reckon the dead are going to pile up, so I'm gonna make a mega graveyard, airlift the dead to the new sites and demolish the old site. It's all about the crematoriums but in reality I need to sort that traffic out still.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    n0face wrote:
    Day 1

THAT'S NOT A SWASTIKA DO IT AGAIN.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Actually I dunno what emptying does, I thought I could nominate a facility. Balls I bet I just added to the traffic.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Oh hai. That was an hour...

CzzhCxL.jpg

t43aqFo.jpg

Can't work out what's going on with the old births and deaths thang.
  • You'll have to untick your other two graphs to see what's the what there. There's only one y axis scale so your births and rates are flat up against your x axis.
  • n0face wrote:
    Day 1

E2AHNW0.jpg

Looking nice and orderly. Goodly amount of water there.

Think noxy's suggestion of fishing industry would be great. I'd expand on that and make it so that using dams for hydro would be detrimental for fishing thereby forcing you to balance the gains you might get from either.

Haven't unlocked dams yet so they might actually be quite cheap in which case most people would probably choose to have the dam.

• Keep thinking about this when I should be working, not really sure if I've taken a lot of the finer points in about policies, districts and other stuff.

I'm debating wether to keep expanding or start another settlement and let them expand naturally into each other.
  • Just put a cheeky lunch hour in, smashed 5,500 population but industry seems to be taking a down turn and I can't get farming to start.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Are you checking out your naturally resources and drawing a district over the neon green area, setting it as a farm, before landing your industry blocks?
    You'll have to untick your other two graphs to see what's the what there. There's only one y axis scale so your births and rates are flat up against your x axis.

Derp, I'll check it out later. Ta, again.
  • Yes dropped roads, pipes, and industry zone on farming resource then designated farming district. I might just be being impatient.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Maybe, seems there are some bugs, maybe try a dezone and rezone.

I had similar issues getting energy from dams. And have had issues with intersections not allowing traffic. I've had to smash em up and do em again before they trigger like they should.
  • N0f, I'm sure you've checked but have you enough demand got industry in the first place?
  • Farming didn't take off so I stuck big business there instead. I've spent the evening making really ugly motor way intersections.

Looking good code, what's your population up too.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Well swank code!

I sorted some of my traffic problems, but in my haste to improve the road, and after establishing nuclear power I went and demolished my dam...

Vr5mOmN.jpg

The tsunami spread, but some folks are alright...

tK8fEfM.jpg

Countless dead...

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!