#Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    It isn’t? I thought it was slated for later this year.
    Get schwifty.
  • Ah yes, seems I was talking bollocks...

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2018-02-08-blimey-pillars-of-eternity-2-is-coming-to-switch

Quite frankly astonished by this. It's just that it's the most po-faced of Western RPG's and seems ill suited to the platform. At least stylistically. But I would still be intrigued to see if the Switch's portability can rekindle my love for these old skool isometric RPG's
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I was wondering how they might handle the ship combat in this. Maybe like Total War:Empire or something?  No, it's far far worse. I lasted all of thirty seconds....  Sea of Thieves this ain't.

It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • That's some BAD AIDS right there.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • It's hardly brilliant, but it's an isometric RPG with ship based combat tagged on. It was never going to be anything like SoT. The disappointment, if any, is that it's not the same as Sid Meier's Pirates!
  • Did @tempy play this one?

Ey, guess what. I am playing this!

19hrs clocked so far. That's me well over the CRPG "what the fuck is this" hump, and into fun town. I am playing a Cipher who uses a ruddy big sword and a gun, and I have 7 NPCs available - currently running Aloth, Eder, Kana, Durance and Pellgina (how can you not take the angry bird girl?) but only playing on easy as this is the only CRPG I've ever stuck more than 10 hrs in.

I understand earlier misgivings in the thread about Divinity's combat being superior as what little i've tried of that is a real joy compared to the "holy fuck!" of PoE's staccato pauses and fireballs. Still, it ain't THAC0 so it actually makes sense. Shooting wizards as my tanks engage fighters and my chanter and priest buff the group will never get old, plus the cipher gives you great abilities that lower DR and let you dominate enemies for some great shenanigans.

I've just done the Skaen Cult Dungeon, which was rough. Fanatics hit like trucks, lots of nasty spells, and I had no way of detecting traps so I just made Eder face tank every trap. Ended with a boss fight that was incredibly stacked against me - but after a few reloads I sorted it out. Making people trip over with Oil Slick as they funnel through into a corridor is... kinda great.

Looking forward to the next 20+ hours in this, then gonna give BG2 Enhanced a spin.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Oil slick will work on pretty much anything including bands of ogres. It will never get old.
  • With both of these on gamepass I fancy giving them a go. Should I play the first or just skip it and play the second?
  • I enjoyed the first, tbh. I’d say it’s worth a look.
  • I didn't get on with the first, played it on PS4, didn't enjoy the control scheme on console at all. It's a fairly reverved series I understand by some, second game has a bit of a pirate theme where you're travelling through fantasy archipelagos. Trouble is the naval combat is laughably bad, being as it is restricted to 'turn to page 4 now if you wish to fire your rear cannon!' type text options, bizarre it was!.

Was solely tempted in the past to pick these games up for the switch but never really got round to it

Obsidian's Skyrim killer, which is in development ,although I can't remember it's name, is supposedly set in the same universe, so I think I'll wait for that.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!