The British Politics Thread
  • If there is a right way to be nationalist it is what Scotland are doing.

They leave the UK they put up one border and open 27.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    If there is a right way to be nationalist it is what Scotland are doing.

They leave the UK they put up one border and open 27.

That's a fucking brilliant way of putting it. I'm stealing that.

• Have at it Hoss.
  • England (and Wales they dont get out of this) have fucked themselves. No reason to make Scotland suffer. NI is more complex but I am happy to let them decide their fate.

What is left of the UK will have to dig ourselves out of this hole. We can and will do it mind, this wont be forever. We need to find ourselves though.

England in particular has lost it's identity.
  • I just don't understand what they are aiming for anymore.
    Tanking the economy does nothing for the elite.
    Gains that could be made from stripping rights and standards will be lost if we cant trade with our neighbours.

This is beyond being greedy cunts, they are hitting the self destruct button on our economy.

With less than a year until they jettison us from the EU there is no way business will have a chance to adapt to the new regulations, it could take years. There will absolutely be a recession early 2021 and we won't be able to crawl out of it.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I imagine there will be 95% alignment. It's just a way of them looking like there is an actual purpose for any of this.
  • End game is reduction of workers rights, shorting the uk the economy is a bonus on the way
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Plus, if they can cause another credit/house price crash they can scoop up all the repossessions at rock bottom prices.
  • Tanking the market for gains only works if it can be pulled back up again. I dont think this lot have planned that far ahead.

I mean I hate Osbourne but he knew what he was doing, he is an intelligent man. This lot are what was left when everyone with half a brain fucked off.

They are playing fast and loose with our economy and they dont have the gamesmanship to pull it off.
  • They don't need to plan that far ahead. They've got 5 years to make as much money as possible, after that it's someone else's problem.
  • This is all good. The worst thing that can happen is a slow and steady deterioration over a decade or more. Blow it all up immediately, crash the economy, destabilise the government, knock out the foundations of toxic English nationalism. Fuck all this softly softly stuff. That just gives them opportunities to pass the buck and weasel out of it. Let the country see what giving the Tories a blank cheque looks like.
  • Whatever the state of the economy next election, you can guarantee it will still be Labours fault.
  • I dont see them making any money though, that's my point.
    If they buy up property, shares and business they need the economy to return to normal before cashing in on it.

Buy low is only half the job, they need the sell high bit as well.
  • Sell them to landlords is the plan mebbe?
  • Whatever the state of the economy next election, you can guarantee it will still be Labours fault.
    This will not work next time. No chance at all. They’ve been given all the power.

• You don't understand monkey. There was no money left.
  • They left a note and everything!
    Gamertag: gremill
  • Sell them to landlords is the plan mebbe?

But if people cant pay the rent that is a business that will also fail.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    I dont see them making any money though, that's my point. If they buy up property, shares and business they need the economy to return to normal before cashing in on it. Buy low is only half the job, they need the sell high bit as well.

I'm a bit like yourself with this which is why I'm assuming that I'm missing something. Surely shorting the economy isn't enough and as you say if the idea is to get property prices low so you can build them back up to make a killing, you dont do that by completely ripping the economy to bits.

Either they are actually stupid and are not sabotaging things, they are just bad at what they do. Or, this is part of a different scheme, and I'm not clever enough to spot it.

Still think my tin-foil hat theory of a new world order run by the combined US / UK / Russia / Australia is possible. All the dickheads under a Bannon / Surkov ideology.
    SFV - reddave360
  • monkey wrote:
    Whatever the state of the economy next election, you can guarantee it will still be Labours fault.
    This will not work next time. No chance at all. They’ve been given all the power.

Didn't they literally blame labour very recently
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Yep. Despite having been in power for nine consecutive years.
  • Phillips said: “We need a leader who has spoken out against antisemitism and other forms of harassment.

“ I dont remember some of the people in this room who were there pushing for these fights. Jewish people were scared of Labour winning the election, that is deeply serious.”

Oh yes, you can definitely get fucked.
  • Centrists are hilarious: the LibDems failure was not down to their shitty policies and extremist anti-brexit position; no it was Corbyn’s fault. Apparently voters went for Tories rather than risk a hard left (?!) Corbyn government. So... are they saying there’s literally no point to their existence? Finally we agree

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2020/jan/19/lib-dem-election-failure-was-corbyns-fault-says-acting-leader
  • Anything left of Thatcher is hard left.

He's an Orange Book twat remember.
  • For me Lib Dem’s story is simple, they made it all about about Swinson, public got to see / hear more of her and decide she was annoying as fuck
    For once the public were correct

• Bit of both for me.
    She was an annoying tit.
    Their brexit policy was way overboard, I think it turned off even a lot of remainers who could see that just cancelling brexit with no second ref would be hugely damaging to people's faith in politics.

Then again they could have promised chocolate microscopes and guitars that are like double guitars because they were never going to actually win. I wonder how many of them were actually deluded enough to think Swinson could be PM or was it just her.
  • I am like a broken record on GEs - policies really have little impact, it’s all about “who do I like”.
    The narrative was:
    Corbyn = weird old dude
    Swinson = fucking annoying
    johnson = bit of a rogue but will get stuff done

Agree with only one of those assessments but those images played out in the results.
    Strongly believe those who take an interest in politics over think it, Dom the cunt (unfortunately) gets it

• It's easier to appeal to fear and base instincts than it is to rational thought and a view beyond the self.

That's why neoliberalism is so successful.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Pretty sure I opted in to the political levy with CWU so just registered as a supporter for Labour. Lets see if they blackball me or not.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!