Plastic Instruments
  • Ps4 is ok but with the Xbox One you have to get legacy adapter ( which comes with every disc version) but is £20 dearer. But Gamestop were selling the Bone version for £50 but now is out of stock
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Still too much money for now (I was 360 so will have to be Bone this gen).
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • My guitar (has strings one) isn't on there. :(
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Ps4 is ok but with the Xbox One you have to get legacy adapter ( which comes with every disc version) but is £20 dearer. But Gamestop were selling the Bone version for £50 but now is out of stock

Amazon have that for £46.99.
  • No its not, that's the Ps4 version. The Xbox One version has unavailable for days, since release and was £62.99
  • Guitar Hero seems more interesting than Rock Band. Would likely get into that if it was a shade cheaper.
  • GH doesn't interest me at all. RB3 was almost perfect. I just need more of that.

I presume I still can't tie vocals to an instrument?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Modern GH has always been inferior to RB.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • But GH is actually trying something interesting. RB is just the same thing again.

The reviews are good + the GHLive thing seems kind of fun along with the new guitar which seems to balance using good fingers with more complex patterns.

And freestyle probably made the best music game anyway in DJ hero (except it was a bit pernickety sometimes).
  • In fairness it's not tried to compete this time. GH Live is definitely it's own thing. For some this is likely a great thing. Like I said though, doesn't interest me.
  • I always preferred GHs note placement and medium difficulty setting to RBs equivalent. 
    I liked how they also just kind of went fuck it you are playing a bit of the song you shouldn't really be because it's a good bit of the song and its fun! I.e. A bit of piano or wotevs. 
    In RB it stuck slavishly to the tune and was actually a bit boring at times. 

I'm also with crayon, this RB seems to be resting on its laurels but has in fact taken the keyboard out of the game, while at least GH is trying something new. 
    I'm enjoyed both games in the past but I'm not exactly rushing out to buy either one right now, partly because of all the plastic tat i have in the house already. 
    But GH is looking like the one I'm most likely to get first.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Dante doesn't like change, he wants Rock Band and Halo to be exactly the same games but some how different
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I found DJ Hero to be more entertaining than Guitar Hero.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • GF is playing this atm:

...because she hates the OG JP version and Love Live'ers in general:

Game's are fucking boss fun rhythm games so what? Don't look at me like that.

Think I'm done with GH/RB in general but will always have fun on it round a mate's place with full set up.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    Dante doesn't like change, he wants Rock Band and Halo to be exactly the same games but some how different

Don't be a dick. I've explained my issues with Halo. Change doesn't automatically equate to better.

With Rock Band, I and many other people have invested hundreds of pounds into the series. If Rock Band threw everything out to start again, having built itself on being a platform where you can take your music collection with you, that would have more than stuck in the craw. This isn't that complex, do you really not understand that?

Rock Band 3 was an almost perfect rhythm game. There is very little else it can do to improve, the main one being what I've been saying for years - the ability to tie vocals to another instrument.

The 'somehow different' in this case is compatibility with Xbox One and renewed DLC. That's all I ask for.
  • Calm down.

You do realise not every post made in this forum is made antagonistically ? or should I have written an asterisk at the end of my comment to show joke was being made?
  • Calm down and play Glee.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    gaz shut up*
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret wrote:
    gaz shut up*

NO *
  • Harmonix have admitted asking staff to post positive reviews on Amazon. Lol.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Despite no-one giving a shit, PC version of IIDX finally announced, which makes me extremely happy.

http://p.eagate.573.jp/game/eac2dx/infinitas/p/common/top.html

Open beta now or something. Will be forcing to missus to painstakingly translate everything later.

Seriously, I'm super happy right now.
  • I'm quite interested in having a go at the new gh guitar. The button setup sounds like a challenge. I'm a little disappointed in what I've read about rb4 so far, they've had so much time it kind of sucks for them to not do any real changes including less than now gen graphics.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    So my wired Rock Band 360 instruments won't work on the new one? Bit of a kick in the teeth, that.
  • I thought all Rock Band peripherals where supported? Isn't that one of it's advantages?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • I'll get RB4 cos of previous instruments bought, but you can't get the Xbox One version anywhere plus I'm not going to pay £70 for it.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I'll get RB4 cos of previous instruments bought, but you can't get the Xbox One version anywhere plus I'm not going to pay £70 for it.

Back in stock end of the month allegedly. £55 on Amazon when it does.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I'll get RB4 cos of previous instruments bought, but you can't get the Xbox One version anywhere plus I'm not going to pay £70 for it.

Back in stock end of the month allegedly. £55 on Amazon when it does.

Coool, cheers. Is that a reliable source?

• Decent enough then, ta

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!