Project CARS & Project CARS 2 & Project CARS 3
  • Career sounds like a proper career, starting at the bottom of your chosen discipline and working your way to the top.

Also, I had a real abusive relationship with Shift 2, Bob. It had so much going for it and could produce some genuinely amazing races, but the handling model was a mess and the AI just barrelled through me at every opportunity, not to mention its ability to take corners way faster than was physically possible. Its presentation was fantastic, mind.
  • I didn't play enough Blur.
  • Project CARS is gold! It's actually going to be released on 8th May, no more delays.

It feels like a trick....
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    DF have a dig about in the submission build. Stay away from the big fields and weather seems their take.. or wait for day one 30 lock? 
    Meh.. look spretty.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I'm not getting it if the screen tearing is too bad. I hate screen tearing.
  • Presumably that's the idea of the graphics options?

Those off us that care about 60fps and tearing and want a solid simulation can turn 'the pretty effects' down and those that want it to look teh amaze! can turn them up and worry less about frame rates and such?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I think I'd be happy with 30fps for ultimate eye candy.
    Get schwifty.
  • It also sounds like nose cam will put less strain on the system and that PS4 is the way to go sadly Bird.. frame rate higher.

I like the sound of 45 car grids. I'd be up for turning some of the effects down if the racing is action packed.
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    Yeah, I'd settle for 30fps. Hats off to anyone who can ignore screen tearing though, but I suppose we're all different.
  • I'd be happy to play around with the settings to get it running smoothly at the cost of some effects.
  • That's put me right off.
  • I rarely see tearing unless it's totally obvious. Framerate is rarely an issue for me as well, unless it's below 25-30fps and becomes quite noticeable.

I'm really starting to look forward to this now. I love the fact that I can play the career at my leisure or, and this is the best part, being able to play any race when I just fancy something simple. No need to wait until I've unlocked a particular track or car.
  • Bob wrote:
    It also sounds like nose cam will put less strain on the system and that PS4 is the way to go sadly Bird.. frame rate higher.

It sounds like no system is the way to go just yet until we get a definitive verdict. A ropey framerate that falls short of the targeted 60, be it a few frames higher on the PS4 is still ropey if it impacts the experience. It needs to be a constant 60 or a constant 30 with NO deviation. Both versions seem to have their reservations so a full DF article will be interesting to see how they tweak the settings to get the best set up.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I can't help but suspect that none of these pc graffiks options would even be user adjustable on the console versions if the game actually ran well in the first place.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Well that's certainly one way of looking at it.. but with a fixed architecture you have to make compromises to make it work. This way the user gets to optimise their experience.

I like to see a developer try something new. Can't see that's a bad thing.

God knows if they'd locked it to 30fps there would of been lots of negative feed back.

Let it run at 60fps and then it'll be 'looks like a PS2 game' lolz all round.

What's the point of crowd funding if it produces the same results as what ever souless effort EA would pump out?
  • Nah, I don't have a problem with racers that run at a locked 30fps, but a racing game that has constant massive framerate swings is very distracting to me. Obviously we haven't seen final code yet, but this isn't looking promising if you're a console player.
    I don't want to have to endlessly tweak dozens of graffiks options just because they couldn't make their game run well on a console. Life's too short. Others will doubtless be fine with that though.
  • Fair enough vote with your wallet. You should try reading some stuff on this very forum written about racers and 30fps though. It might be informative.

I doubt it'll require endless tweaks though. Presumably most people will be able to work out the trade offs with in couple of hours of play and then you're most likely set for your time with the game.

Besides PC owners seem to get a kick out of it.
  • It's one reason I'm not a pc gamer.
  • We should not have to piss about with performance settings on a console. This is not open for debate.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Maybe there should have just been two settings: one at 60fps with some effects stripped out and one at 30fps with the pretty turned up.
    Get schwifty.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Yeah I'm out.
  • Wasn't this a Kickstarter though that promised sim based physics at 60fps?
    This should have been 30 FPS all day long, looks like they have tried to cram too much in; 45 cars...really?!
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • I really want to play this as I love Brands Hatch and I think it's the only place I can play it on PS4 or Xbox One. I'll be waiting for a price drop though.
  • It's a wait and see. Tearing and the like will be much more prominent if you go looking for it, but this does sound like a PC game ported to consoles by a not huge developer.
  • Eric wrote:
    Wasn't this a Kickstarter though that promised sim based physics at 60fps? This should have been 30 FPS all day long, looks like they have tried to cram too much in; 45 cars...really?!

But it's nice to have the option to uncram it.

45 car grids sounds cool.

Personally I've never been fussed about crash damage so that's getting turned off from teh start ;)
  • It wasn't a Kickstarter game, it was funded through SMS' own system and was originally only on PC, with the possiblity of console versions. They were never promised at the start and, at the time, were going to be on 360/PS3.

The likelihood is, we'll get an optimised game for everyone, but anyone wanting to tinker to get their perfect blend of visual/performance quality can do so at their own leisure.
  • When targeting a framerate I'd make a distinction.  I'd say 30 frames would be perfectly acceptable for your Horizons and DriveClubs of this world, Horizon in particular does a fantastic job of delivering a rock solid 30 that seems to simulate 60 in its smoothness.  I would prefer a locked 60 for sim games; Forza proper, GT and this.  Better that they set that benchmark and added bells and whistles and seeing where they could go without impacting performance.  Attempting 60 and hitting 45-50 is not the way to do, and adding PC like sliders/options does rub against the console ideal.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • I'll bet this has an absolutely mahoosive day one patch.
  • Having played recent(ish) code, I never noticed any issues with the framerate. As in, it wasn't 60fps but it didn't seem to fluctuate wildly or anything.
  • g.man wrote:
    I'll bet this has an absolutely mahoosive day one patch.

lol.

Similar odds to the sun setting tonight.

What game doesn't have a massive day one patch these days.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!