Splatoon - Grandma's Chicken Salad.
  • Games' special edition stock has been stolen, and Nintendo aren't replacing.
  • Last time I played MK8 it was maybe a minute between matches. If it gets good reviews and stuff, I imagine it'll be a WiiU staple for a while. £40 for a few months of decent multiplayer isn't a bad deal. The fact that Nintendo have free content releases planned over the coming months mean there will probably be a steady player base for that time. Not everything has to be a 2 year 500k playerbase monster to be a good multiplayer game.
  • Hahahahahahahaha

@ Dante, not tumpy
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • M8 i'm in here trying to lay down a rational defence for a game i'm not buying for a console i don't own, via moba references, i think you're entitled.
    Shit! Anyone here pre order from them?
  • Tempy wrote:
    M8 i'm in here trying to lay down a rational defence for a game i'm not buying for a console i don't own, via moba references, i think you're entitled.

Yes, I suppose that is quite the rare pepe. Have a cringefist from me, with a side order of extra cringe to go.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • B-7sEOVW8AAi9eq.jpgkappaB-7sEOVW8AAi9eq.jpg

ohh, thread relevant twitch meme

They stole them back to stash away with all those amiibos.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
    ...so, about three copies then.
    Come with g if you want to live...
    I'll give you a tenner for the amibos.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Games' special edition stock has been stolen, and Nintendo aren't replacing.
    I'll give you a tenner for the amibos.

You got the subtle hint
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Just gone two hours there, up to level 7. It's pretty fast stuff. Now I've figured out how to get rid of the motion controls and I've turned up the look sensitivity it's feeling much better
  • How many mp maps are there reg? I should have mine tomorrow
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I think there are 5 at the minute, and they cycle in sets of 2 every few hours
  • GamesRadar: 

"Even worse, you can't even see which weapons your teammates are using until a match actually starts, leading to a surprising amount of skirmishes where everyone is packing paint rollers. Sure, it sounds great, until you realize your team is getting wrecked by anyone with a ranged weapon. The simple ability to allow players to choose their equipment while matches load would go a long way to preserving the 'one-more-game' momentum most multiplayer games try to cultivate, especially since matches are already so quick to play to begin with. It's 2015 - this stuff has been figured out already."

If Nintendo actually listen to some of the criticisms and update the game accordingly this game could be really good by the look of it. They probably won't.
  • The game is good. People are too serious about a game where you become a squid and paint shit and dress like 1993
  • What's that got to do with it? I dress up like a squid when I play call of duty, but I'd like the game to have better and obvious options.
  • Played the sp for 20 mins. Some interesting ideas but generally i am finding quite a lot to be annoyed with e.g. Not being able to change the controls mid level
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • It's a game sans voice chat and loads of options standard in lots of other games. But it's also completely different to other games, so I don't know it feels churlish.
  • Probably a case of desperately pushing it out the door.  It's not a big hitter, but they're spending marketing dough on it and backing it in a way they'd probably prefer not to if there were non Kirby alternatives.  There's a slight whiff of beta about it (opinion based on zero playtime) but as gazelle says above if they listen and tinker with a few things quickly enough it could be a decent package.  MK8 has been well supported, same deal with Smash I believe, Mario Golf on 3DS has had a few good course packs, NSMBU has too if you count the Luigi thing.  Nintendo could be fully embracing the add-to-core mentality rather than moar sequel now.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Played the sp for 20 mins. Some interesting ideas but generally i am finding quite a lot to be annoyed with e.g. Not being able to change the controls mid level

I just got shot of the gyro aiming controls and that's me never needing to worry about them again so I dunno *shrugs*
  • Not being able to change sensitivity on the fly is silly.
  • Boy pretty good at SP. Totally prefers motion controls and I'm inclined to agree.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Iwata asks -

http://iwataasks.nintendo.com/interviews/#/wiiu/splatoon/0/0
    Spoiler:
  • I'll be all over this in an hour.
  • Just looked for the instruction manual and Nintendo have gone digital - it's a bad when that happens!!!!!! How long has that been going?

Also how the fuck do you change controllers? I want to use the classic but can't find an option for it
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Been happening for a while I think.  Maybe all WiiU games?  I only found out a few weeks ago when I was wondering where the booklet had gone for Mario Kart.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    How long has that been going? Also how the fuck do you change controllers? I want to use the classic but can't find an option for it

I still haven't figured this out for myself either. So I'm keen to learn how to do it if it's even possible. What I do is just switch off console and restart using pro controller.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • I'll be buying this no matter what 'cus Nintendo, but is it any good?
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!