Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Webbins wrote:
    Tunnock's Caramel Wafer, thread fucking done.

So many childhood memories. Of eating them, so they're all dull, but so many.
  • I have a big sugar addiction, but i tend to satisfy it with sweets and fizzy drinks rather than chocolate.

If i was pressed to choose a generic chocolate bar, i would probably opt for a Dime or a Crunchy.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Tunnock's Caramel Wafer, thread fucking done.
    So many childhood memories. Of eating them, so they're all dull, but so many.

I have one nearly every day, I'm living the fucking dream.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I could eat a multi-pack after lunch every day - hence my OP.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • Haven't had a Dime for time.
  • Caramac.  Twix.  Star Bar.  Kitkat Chunky.  Toffee Crisp.  Bourneville.  Most of the rest of the standard garage/vending machine standards can fuck off tbh.  You don't have to be in the mood for a Twix, but I've fancied a Milky Way less than three times in the last ten years.  

The multipack of Lidl dark chocolate (4 or 5 small bars for £1.30ish) are surprisingly good.  Chilli chocolate and ginger chocolate posh ones do it for me, Green and Blacks or whatever.

Anyone tried that Ohso stuff?
  • Brooks doesn't even know they're called Daim Bars now.  The multi packs are the only reason to set foot in IKEA
  • Daim it all to fuck.
  • Biscuit but - Bahlsen Leibnizes are outrageously good for the money.
  • As skerret regularly attests to, Dairy Milk is the best chocolate. Personally, i prefer a classier chocolate like Galaxy.
    Live= sgt pantyfire    PSN= pantyfire
  • Can't really get much here, unless it's paying over the odds for Lindt.

Tend to buy this Turkish stuff that's around 60%, which is OK. I'm not a fan of anything over about 70% anyway.
  • I eat far more biscuits than chocolate bars.  I've been known to spend £15 in that particular aisle to fill the drawers at work.  Abernethy's are a recently discovered favourite.  Chorley Cakes, Eccles Cakes - these things are better than chocolate.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    A2z645lt.jpg

£1.41 in Waitrose.  

Segments of 10.

55 calories a (large) square, two are enough to satisfy.   

Nibble round the edges or sucking it rewards with a crunch-able caramel finish.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • The Lidl stuff is amazing.

In Zurich I had some of the proper Sprungli chocs which were fucking glorious.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    There's a good place in Amaterdam if you're ever there
    I'm guessing that's a typo and in that case I'm almost always there, which place are you talking about?

I haven't eaten much chocolate lately, Lindt with mint was quite popular for a while, Tony Chocolony or whatever that's called as well. Not high % but they say that the cacao pluckers get treated right and they will build schools for kids in Africa as well (Tony, not the cacao pluckers).

I actually like liquorice more as a candy. Doesn't melt, which is a big plus.

• 6 bars a day? Fuck and I thought I had a sweet tooth!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Nina wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    There's a good place in Amaterdam if you're ever there
    I'm guessing that's a typo and in that case I'm almost always there, which place are you talking about?

I can't recall if i'm honest. It sold lots of fancy chocolates with all sorts of fillings, and they were really expensive.
  • I think I know it, opposite Grey Area?
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    Paging Dr Skerret
    Sorry, I was playing golf.  I'll examine the thread and return with a diagnosis.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    Diagnosis is most ppl misunderstood the thread title.  

Cluizel 1er cru is a good shout if you can find it. The smoothest choc you'll find most like.  Otherwise, H and B are on point.  I hammer through a chunk of Callebaut a week, hacked from an 8kg block.  70% ish.  Nothing startling and little more than decent table chocolate really, but I pop it in other things for texture and added flavour.  Cluizel, Amedei for proper indulgence.  It's a good time to be a choc snob, indie choc is on the rise and widely available outside of supermarkets.
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    No idea what the Aussie is on about, but I pay the extra dollas for Double Deckers. Also giant Dairy Milk FTW.
    Things can only get better.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    yawning chasm itt
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    condition terminal
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I want to hear more about the golf.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    6 bars a day? Fuck and I thought I had a sweet tooth!

That was when I was at my worst - but yeah. Stupid amount of empty calories. That would have been accompanied by crisps and biscuits as well on top of my meals. Insane, and the road to diabetes no doubt. Off it now and I am determined never to go back.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    I want to hear more about the golf.

I'm away to the Irish Open on Friday with full guest status...
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    I eat far more biscuits than chocolate bars.  I've been known to spend £15 in that particular aisle to fill the drawers at work.  Abernethy's are a recently discovered favourite.  Chorley Cakes, Eccles Cakes - these things are better than chocolate.

I ate far too many of those too. They are verboten for me now apart from crackers/oatcakes with cheese occasionally. I'm not actually missing them that much.
  • I got this free with a crate of reds from Laithwaites a couple of years ago (only one bar though, the cheapskates).  It's probably the most memorable chocolate I've ever had, just because of the interaction.  Like how toffee is better with one of those hammers. 

brix-board-gift-set-sm.png

Ignore the cocolate for wine stuff; break that shit off and dunk the pieces in a posh rum for total win.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I'd rather eat a brick.
    Things can only get better.
  • Dip and sip.  It's the future of chocolate.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!