The Elder Scrolls Online
  • Is it ominous that this game doesn't already have a thread of it's own? Reviews seem to be scarce, too.

Is it shit? I am torn between this and The Witcher 3, even though I know that I do not have the time required to sink into either. I'm thinking that the online aspect of this will be better suited to short burst of play.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Online appears to have launched with some difficulty .
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • For a MMO, that could prove...costly.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bob wrote:
    Online appears to have launched with some difficulty .

Yes, and a 15Gb day one patch. Ouch!
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    If I do go in I'll just grab it off PSN, which means it's unlikely I'll be getting it this weekend as it's probably up for something silly like £65.
    Get schwifty.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    LtPidgeon wrote:
    Is it ominous that this game doesn't already have a thread of it's own? Reviews seem to be scarce, too. Is it shit? I am torn between this and The Witcher 3, even though I know that I do not have the time required to sink into either. I'm thinking that the online aspect of this will be better suited to short burst of play.

I played it on PC - and no, it's not shit. By all accounts they've improved on the original launch content quite a bit as well. If you are thinking of buying it don't think you'll be getting an Elder Scrolls game with multiplayer, because that's not what it is. Think of something like Guild Wars or FF XIV with a TES skin. 

I'll probably pick it up again because I want to see what they've done with it in the last year, and I've always wanted a solid MMO on console.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Finding this lends itself far better to consoles. Enjoying my re-romp atm. Rolling a Paladin type build.
  • CIubsq7.gif
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    That Oblivion gate has taken me to a strange land where the trees grow fingers and grass travels in balls.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I do fancy this but my skyrim loving(bumming), MMO crazy mate said it was a bit guff.

Also, starting an mmo is the last thing my pile-o-shame needs right now.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Blocks100 wrote:
    CIubsq7.gif

Yeah pretty much. Don't think there's any interest for this on the forum.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'll dive in when it's up for cheap on PSN, but for now I'm rekindling my love affair with Skyrim with a third epic play through. So that's me sorted for at least 300 hours.
    Get schwifty.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So this is on gamepass. And I tried a little. And it's certainly a big and vaguely impressive world, with loads going on.

Unconvinced by the "online" bit of it, and I've not got nearly enough spare time to be jumping in properly, but surely some folk would enjoy it?!?!?
  • I gave it a go a while back.
    Nothing really wrong with it as such but it felt like an entire game of side quests. I'm sure that is fine with friends but really didn't seem worth my time.
  • I picked up a ps4 copy in CEX for £3, finished the first part which reminded me of the start of kingdoms of Amalur then never went back to it.
    I think it's set 700 odd years before morrowwind/oblivion and you can't use paintbrushes to create steps to reach high places.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I love the Elder Scrolls and I’ve still not played it.
    Get schwifty.
  • LtPidgeon wrote:
    Is it ominous that this game doesn't already have a thread of it's own? Reviews seem to be scarce, too. Is it shit? I am torn between this and The Witcher 3, even though I know that I do not have the time required to sink into either. I'm thinking that the online aspect of this will be better suited to short burst of play.

No but it's ominous that there haven't been any posts in nearly 4 years in this thread before muzzy's bump.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    I love the Elder Scrolls and I’ve still not played it.

And it's important to keep on not playing it if you love Elder Scrolls. Look what happened to Fallout when they tried to shoehorn multiplayer into a single player game. Leave this ill-conceived MMO to rot in its forgotten grave.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Yeah probably.
    Get schwifty.
  • I played it for about 30 minutes and realised it’s not for me.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    To be fair, playing an MMO for half an hour isn’t probably a fair shake of what that type of game has to offer.
    Get schwifty.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!