Dreams - by Media Molecule - Out now
  • Here's the recording of the live demo shown yesterday - https://www.twitch.tv/videos/208218124

Shows a section of some pretty neat point and click noir style gameplay, plus some level creation. It now has it's own surprisingly full featured music sequencer -

hV7s0QD.png
  • Raiziel wrote:
    It really does look like super impressive tech.  I just don’t know if I’d buy it without going the whole hog and buying the PSVR headset and a couple of wand thingies to go with it.  So merely watching with interest so far.

All of that demo was played using the DS4, seems like it can work just as well in most cases, I think the main use for the Move wands will be for sculpting and extra precision.
  • More being shown today as well gurt according to mm's twitter feed.
  • Definitely intrigued to see how this goes.
    Very difficult to get a balance between accessible and deep.
  • Definitely intrigued to see how this goes.
    Very difficult to get a balance between accessible and deep.

They managed it with LBP. By the third game that editor was amazing - not hard to learn at all, but with shitloads of depth. I have faith in MM for this one.
  • Not sure about the ethereal nature of the output.
  • First proper demo I've seen of this. Maybe (may-beee) I can finally make that game no one gives a fuck about, like I always wanted to:

• Extremely fascinating stuff. I have a feeling that some really cool stuff will be made in this.
    Not by me though because I'm as creative as a lump of tofu.
  • I'm not sure its going to be any fin to play but its seriously bloody impressive. 

In VR its going to be mind blowing.
    Gamgertag: JRPC
    PSN: Lastability95
  • Yeah, "okay" is my view, too. Didn't see anything I found particularly impressive, but it all seems to work. I might get stoned and have a play when it comes out on Plus.
  • JRPC wrote:
    I'm not sure its going to be any fin to play but its seriously bloody impressive. 

In VR its going to be mind blowing.

I think it's going to be extremely fun to a select group of people. The create element of it anyway.

I think I'll probably end up getting it just to play what people have made. Little big planet impressed me with what people could do and this seems like that but to the n-th degree. Sounds like almost everything can be tweaked including the physics, which is great because the floaty LBP physics made it a chore to play.
  • Yeah, the potential excites.

As far as I know there's never been a game with an in-built development tool-set that comes even close to being as fully featured as this one, ever. What will the great unwashed do with such unbounded power?

Looking forward to trying my hand too, I have BIG - tho might not be good - ideas.
  • Ah, been meaning to reply and add more here, particularly about some of the utterly bonkers audio creation abilities that these wizards have implemented into this (there's basically a full DAW in there).

There was just a stream I caught the end of, and it showed some first person stuff which I've been wanting to see for blummin ages now. Here's some GIFs, let me know if they break the forum or something -

FByVxbn.gif

gSZLGcp.gif

4pX2XFc.gif

I would happily pay full price for this and do nothing other than traipse around people's weird walking sims.
  • I assumed this bump meant cancelled
  • I assumed this bump meant cancelled

It appears to be the bottomless pit of development. They are fully staring into the void at this point. Does appear to be about ready for action now though tbh.

• They've basically all been playing the game and using the tools for quite a while now, and as they use it they find that they need to change something fundamental, so it's been a process of iteration to get to the point where they can safely hand it off to the public. Mark Healey was saying there how they've pretty much had to remake all their levels about 10 times at this point. It really is a fully featured game creation suite they've managed to create, the nutters.

This is part of one of the story levels that will likely be in the final thing -

Looking really rather slick, though not surpising as it will have been the product of many hours by professional game devs. Many of the other things we've seen have just been them messing around with ideas, this shows what a finished gameplay experience could be like in Dreams.
  • This is going to be mental isnt it?
  • Solid work keeping the dream(s) alive, gurt.
  • This whole Game Informer exposé has been great for them, brought a lot of interest back in the game prior to the beta (which looks like a solid thing now btw). Will be truly fascinating to see what people can make once they get their hands on it.
  • LittleBigPlanet, made in Dreams...

Kinda creepy... o_O
  • Today at 17:00 on Media Molecule's Twitch channel Kareem Ettouney the Art Director will apparently be doing a special world building stream, and what he comes up with will supposedly be included in the beta for people to muck about in and remix. They've said that there won't be a date announced for the release of the beta however.

XYTxQFD.jpg
  • Only problem is I still don't have a PS4 :/

Will have to hope I can sign up with just a PSN account or something.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!