Dreams - by Media Molecule - Out now
  • Seems reasonable (possible release date announcement, or other major announcement of some kind, on Feb 20th) -

• Wonderful stuff.

Stream tomorrow btw, hopefully a release date announcement.
  • Oh, silly me, the announcement was yesterday, and I don't know if there will be a stream.

https://blog.us.playstation.com/2019/02/20/dreams-creator-early-access-launches-this-spring/
    As you may know, our small team has been working on Dreams for a long time. Beta was a very important step for us – it confirmed our tool set is ready for the community – but we still have more work to be done in other areas. Every game developer wants their game to be perfect – and we are no different. We have so many ambitions for Dreams and the beta reminded us that Dreams only truly comes to life in the hands of you all – the community.

So we scratched our chins and tried to figure out the best way to put the game in the hands of our most enthusiastic dreamers and allow us to continue crafting and polishing it for everyone.

And… we have decided to go live and release Dreams into Early Access on PlayStation 4 this spring! OMG, IT’S HAPPENING!
    Dreams Early Access is a strictly limited release to ensure that we have a chance to listen to all of you, so be sure to snag your copy as soon as you can!

https://www.playstation.com/en-us/campaigns/2019/dreams-creator-early-access/  (Price will apparently be $29.99)
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    16 April release. Was that already known?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    That's kinda soon. Early Access only mind...
  • So not a release then .

Classic muzzy
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    It's a release. Just not the release.

Classic Bob.
  • What is included in Early Access?
    Early Access is exactly that. Early entry into Dreams, designed for creators to get hands on with the tools. It won’t feature everything that the full release will have (our story mode being a big piece of that) but you’ll get our full tool set for creating, our interactive tutorials and arcade games, templates and additional content created by Media Molecule and access to what you, the CoMmunity, made during our Dreams Creator Beta. You’ll also be getting the first hands-on with new features and content as we add them.

When is Dreams Early Access launching?
    Dreams Early Access will be launching April 16th!

How much will Dreams Early Access cost?
    Dreams Early Access will cost £24.99/€29.99/$29.99/CAD$39.99.

What is the age rating for Dreams Creator Early Access?
    Dreams Creator Early Access is PEGI 12

Which territories will Dreams Early Access be available for?
    Initially, Dreams Early Access will be available in the US, Canada, Australia, New Zealand and all European territories.

What languages will be supported by Dreams Early Access?
    At launch, Dreams Early Access will be in English, German, French, Spanish and Italian. We plan to implement more languages, such as Japanese, as Early Access progresses.

How do I participate in Dreams Early Access?
    That’s an easy one! You’ll be able to purchase Dreams Early Access from the PlayStation Store from 16th April 2019.

Can I pre-order Early Access?
    No, but you can sign up for updates here.

If I buy Dreams Early Access, does that mean I get access to the full version of the game when it’s released, without paying any extra/twice?
    Early Access is intended for Creators who will participate and contribute to Dreams Early Access, and in return, will have the full version of Dreams upon release.

….and when would that be? ;)
    Ooo, cheeky! We don’t have a release date for the full version of Dreams to share right now. But when we do, you’ll know about it! And then we’ll keep telling you. And then probably tell you another 5,672 times.

Will my Early Access / Beta creations carry over to the full game?
    Yes. Early Access is the launch of the creation tools of Dreams and this will then roll into the full version of the game.

Will Early Access include VR?
    Dreams VR is not included in the initial Early Access offering. It’s still planned for Dreams and we’re super excited for it. We’ll be sure to share more details about it as soon as we’re ready.

Is there any NDA for Early Access?
    No! You can stream, share and create to your hearts content.

How can I stay up to date on everything Dreams?
    We’ll update you on all things Dreams as and when new things happen! We’ll detail new features through blogs,
    streams and on our social channels, as well as on our feedback forums on indreams.me.

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won’t get in?
    Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it’s a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available.

https://blog.eu.playstation.com/2019/03/28/dreams-early-access-starts-on-16th-april/
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Good to see we're still "European"...

£24.99 seems like a good price given you get the full game at launch... Was assuming this would be a pill price affair (so £40 / rrp of £50) - that not the case at all, or is this just a hefty EA discount, do folk know?
  • It's an absolute steal, considering the variety of tools you get, and the amount of R&D they've done on this over the many years now. I think it is just a limited offer to entice the curious and thank the fans.

Is there a cap to Early Access? Is there a chance I won’t get in?
    Dreams Early Access is limited yes, but it’s a big limit. That being said, to avoid disappointment, we do recommend you purchase as soon as you can to enjoy all of the creator tools available.

So it might not be available at that price for long...
  • I think they want the dreams aspect to be also really well fleshed our before release as in when randos start playing there’s a whole heap of stuff.
  • Do I have to have been involved in some way up to this point to lock it in at £25 on the 16th?  It doesn't say say so in Gurt's thing, but....that seems cheap.  I won't be creating anything, but I'd like to grab it at that price for the eventual homebrew VR offerings.
  • No pretty sure it's just a case of first come first serve. And you will definitely be able to just consume the creations that come out of it without needing to do anything yourself. There are other ways to get involved in the community aspect without creation anyway, giving feedback, discovering, recommending and compiling.
  • I'll be doing this I think -

Need to add the funds to my account so I'm ready. Still no console to play it on though..
  • What a lovely bunch of happy people -

lpcAamZ.jpg

This is what a commitment and dedication to your passion, having the support and time to experiment, and not believing in crunch gets you. They might have had to delay the release date a few times, redesign and re-evaluate fundamental chunks throughout, but what they've been been able to put together here is something truly unique and very likely revolutionary. And they've been able to stay true to their vision, you can tell they are properly proud and excited for what they've been able to create, and I'm pretty damn proud of them too.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So this is tomorrow, right?  As in midnight, or what?  Someone ping here when it goes live pls!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    10:30am BST per a MM tweet...

*Sets alarm even though still unsure*
  • Early access is available now.
    Gamertag: Mal0wner
    3DS Friend Code: MalO 0645-5742-2145
    Wii U: MalOwner
  • Boughted. Not sure I'll be a creator but I'm keen to play!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Boughted too, largely cos it turned out i had £22 on my account already. Woo.  Now I just need to get home...
  • When is actual release?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Not yet known
  • Christ that really is early access.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Had a very quick play yesterday, but not enough to form any kind of challis opinion yet.

My invalid opinion, however, is "hmmmm". I don't think I find any of the good shit though. And ain't tried creating nothing.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Full disclosure: I was drunk
  • I played through the first tutorial and found the "lets play a nice game of hide and seek" narration style a bit grating. It was probably made worse by the fact that I started by picking the instructions for the regular gamepad when I was using the move controllers. I also tried a couple of the Media Molecule demos but had to remind myself that they were created by professional artists and game designers and not void of talent plebs like myself.
  • Sounds like this is shit then?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Too early to tell really. I'll be happy if I get to a level of competence with it to throw together a simple platformer or shooter. I'm more interested in what my 9 year old son can make with it.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!