Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    The protag annoyed me with her talking in just that short video. She would do my head in if she kept on like that all game.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Surely the voice-over was just for the sake of the presentation? After all, you have the freedom to approach each scenario as you please.

Some hands-on impressions from the closed doors demo:

http://www.digitaltr...wn-impressions/

http://www.ign.com/a...m_medium=social

Confirmation that its definitely a no loading "see that mountain..." open world
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Yeah, it did grate a bit. The whole solemn, apologetic vibe was spew worthy too.

I agree with Curtis and think it'll be watered down for the final thing though, there's no way she'll be yammering on like that constantly.

Looks very good to me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Same thing happened with Watch Dogs original video I think. It's just to have something providing anchorage going on while a person fannies about. Guarantee it's not in the final one
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    It was way more preferable to having some goomba on stage describing what's going on like we're idiots with no eyes that haven't been playing games for 25+ years.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Attack its weakpoint.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    For massive groans.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    gtfo
  • So er what am I missing (again) this looks shit

See dinosaur attack it with bow next dinosaur attack it harvest green stuff I mean do I just lack imagination?

Shit

I don't like video games any more.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Guerrilla Games lacking sense of humor shocker.
  • reminds me of assassins creed.
  • The sneaking in low bushes / flora was very reminiscent of AssCrud.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Funkstain wrote:
    So er what am I missing (again) this looks shit See dinosaur attack it with bow next dinosaur attack it harvest green stuff I mean do I just lack imagination? Shit I don't like video games any more.

Don't forget that all of Monster is built on the premise of HIT MONSTER DON'T DIE, yet its fucking incredible. It will live and die on its interactions with the Robots. If they don't have enough weight and consequence, it will be a bit disappointing I imagine.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    For me, this was one of the most interesting games of the whole show, and certainly the best thing shown at Sony. Granted, they've had a look at the last of us and thought "what can we knock up with our killzone tech" but it looks different, it looks fun, it looks like a spiritual successor to Shadow of the Colossus.
    I'll def be the guinea pig on this one

Dem Enslaved vibes eh
  • Aye I was just thinking myself it's Enslaved writ large. Looks the bizniz, even if the tech jars with the organic. I'm not fond of the set up, darkness then life then huge robo T-Rex, seems like it will need some canny writing to weave it together whilst avoiding clichés.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Those write-ups have me a bit more interested, the original video not so much. Some Witcher 3 narrative dude being on board is also encouraging.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    For me, this was one of the most interesting games of the whole show, and certainly the best thing shown at Sony. Granted, they've had a look at the last of us and thought "what can we knock up with our killzone tech" but it looks different, it looks fun, it looks like a spiritual successor to Shadow of the Colossus.
    I'll def be the guinea pig on this one

Dem Enslaved vibes eh

H goty 2009
  • I quite liked the look of this one. Nice to see it announced with some gameplay too, not just a fully cgi trailer. Looks amazing, robots were pretty cool and the actual gameplay looked fun. Fingers crossed for this one.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Um, my (tinged with multiple disappointments) view on Guerillla, and Horizon is that aside from their hugely talented art and tech depts... they're basically just a bunch of dry craven hacks.

It's good to see that they've finally brought in some proven talent to help out with the game-narrative because all of their prior efforts on that front have been utterly cringeworthy.

In short I'd like to believe....but it's Guerilla Games ffs.
  • The core mechanics of Monster Hunter could be the foundation of a massive game in the west. The Witcher looks like it does a good job of westernising some of that shit but this could be the real deal.

As always I'll be dodging this until I know that it's good. Those Guerilla guys can talk the talk and clearly understand high-end game design but they haven't delivered once as far as I'm concerned.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • The Enslaved comparisons are a bit off IMO. I mean, this appears to have some gameplay.

But yeah, who knows at the moment? Could turn out shite, could turn out good.
  • I'd assume the comparisons are largely thematic, mine certainly was
  • Absolutely.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Robot dinosaurs mate.

Yes, but why? Idgi.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Game needs merchandise.  Game may end up playing like shit but I wouldn't mind a few of those robodinos on a shelf somewhere.
    Get schwifty.
  • Who makes the robot dinosaurs?

Have they evolved for centuries while mankind regressed, and they just happen to have evolved into dinosaurs?

Did the head robot pick up a book of dinosaurs and think 'these look cool'?

Were they built for a really big theme park, and when an apocalypse wiped out most of humanity it also wiped out the dinosaurs pretend skin but left them otherwise unscathed and gave them lasers?

The writer has a big task ahead. Real dinosaurs would be cooler and betterer.
  • Robot dinosaurs mate.
    Yes, but why? Idgi.

Some things don't need explanations. This game looks fucking amaze balls and I'm down for day one.

4vl0pGS.jpg
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • That's a very good counter but I don't think Zero Dawn has the imagination or wit of Calvin and Hobbes, a game featuring T-Rexes in F-14s would shit all over this.

The robots are there because they look cool and maybe that's enough. Personally I'm not a huge fan of the design but I get a Dark Souls boss vibe from some of them. If it can get your heart going in the same way then all's good.
  • Back when this thread was first announced I thought the "why dinosaurs?" line of questioning was weird, and I still think it is. It's largely stylistic, but it allows the game to create a nice dynamic ecosystem that's easily read: small dinos are scouts, large herbivores harvest matter to be used as energy, predators are weapons systems to defend the herd. These are all simple analogues, and dinosaurs were apex animals, each essentially the best at doing what it did - perfectly matching form and function.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!