Nintendo Switch
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Of course (though it's not going to be relevant to everyone playing online) but that doesn't change anything.
    Doesn't change what? Your issue seemed to be with the relevance, which may not apply to you but does for plenty of people playing the multi modes. The forced thing fair enough, but at 20 seconds or so it's hardly eye-gouging. Maybe it's a patience thing.

It doesn't change the fact that it's irrelevant for me (and others) so is nasty and unwelcome and should be skippable was my point.

20 seconds, from a UX perspective, is an insanely long time. I understand that anything over five seconds is enough to irritate people to the point of not bothering. Hence why the majority of YouTube ads can be skipped after that.
  • It's short enough but it bugged the hell out of me when i just wanted to jump into solo play. The front end should have been solo play and then the hub option for multiplayer. Even the hub felt unnecessary most of the time.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Any idea what the best Lego game is on the Switch?
    The only one I have is Lego City Undercover, which is a different beast to the Marvel/DC/HP licensed games. I highly recommend it, if you can get it at a discount.

AJ wrote:
    20 seconds, from a UX perspective, is an insanely long time.
    I’d also massively dispute that it’s only 20 seconds. And it’s all delivered in those grating voices; a wee bit of the voices here and there is fine, but a seemingly endless block of it, delivering information that could be passed in a fraction of the time, is unforgivable design. Sorry, Kaz, but you’re flat-out wrong on this one.
  • Fair enough all. I don't necessarily disagree, just don't view it as much of a hindrance I guess. Also describing it as 'nasty' is full lol.
  • Had lego city undercover on Wii u , very enjoyable game. Always check to see if it's going cheap but nothing yet. Simple but charming.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kazuo wrote:
    Also describing it as 'nasty' is full lol.

If I played the game, that would be an accurate description of my feelings about it.
  • Andy wrote:
    Gamermike wrote:
    The only one I have is Lego City Undercover, which is a different beast to the Marvel/DC/HP licensed games. I highly recommend it, if you can get it at a discount.

Cheers - its £20 on Amazon at the moment, looking at co-op games and this would sit well with my 5 year old son.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Searching for this took as long as the Splatoon 2 start screen, so not that long.
    Airplane mode is the key, as the game can’t play the intro if there is no update to the maps in rotation. Hold the Home button to access the quick menu, then turn on Airplane Mode to disable wireless. Starting up the game will get you to the action a whole lot faster this way. Unfortunately, Home Mode is only available while using the Switch as a handheld, so you’ll have to take it out of the dock to make this work. If this isn’t an option then you’re out of luck and will have to watch the Splatoon 2 intro once more.

Once you have the game loaded though, there are ways to minimize how often this cutscene pops up. The Switch, unlike any Nintendo console before it, is able to keep games running in the background, even when the system is “turned off” in sleep mode. Splatoon 2 will only show the intro upon first start up, skipping it for mid-game updates. If you want to avoid the Splatoon 2 intro then you need to keep Splatoon 2 on as much as possible

Updates will force you to close, but otherwise you can keep the game running as long as you don’t want to play anything else. Doing this will minimize how often you have to suffer Pearl and Marina’s shenanigans.
    So you can skip it if you really can't live with it.

I dunno, I find it less annoying than needing to watch Ubisoft and Unreal logo's for those 30 seconds.
  • Given the choice of constantly fucking around with airplane mode, running the game constantly, or just realising that I wasted my money and never playing it again, I know which is more desirable.
  • I got the grey switch at launch due to stock issues on the neon one. I always presumed everyone would rather have had the neon one but it seems not. There’s loads of deals on at game but nearly all are for the neon one. Grey is more expensive for the people who are scared of joy and colour and fun.
  • I do laugh when people say that the coloured joy-con are too conspicuous in public, when a) they’re largely covered by your hands, and b) the 6.2” bright colour screen isn’t.

When I realised the cute flight attendant could see I was playing Stardew Valley on my flight down here, the colour of the joycon didn’t even cross my mind.
  • Quite, you're playing with a good sized toy, I doubt many people's opinion will change depending on its colour. It's my own opinion of it I'm concerned with.
  • It’s mainly personal preference for me. I go for the plain, bog standard design on most stuff. There’s a spectrum of embarrassment though, when playing with toys in public. And the neon is further along that than the grey. I’m sure we’re all well past the point of giving a shit about that. For every person who thinks games are for kids, there’s some garbage like Eastenders that they like and I think is appalling.
  • AJ wrote:
    I'm with Monkey; they're horrid. Though not as bad as the green/pink ones; they're just painful to look at.
    RedDave2 wrote:
    I want the neon green/ pink set. I don't even see myself having a use for them. I just want.

Me too, I looked into getting each colour for both sides, so I could have a full pink/green when I fancied. I realised this was insane, but was nice to look up all the colour combinations.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Think I like the two yellow ones the most.

Got the grey ones as that was my only option when buying one, had to do with whatever was on stock. Can't say I don't mind it that much, would have preferred a color, but not the biggest fan of the duo color most have.
  • I find the joy-cons, while not the best pads in the world by any stretch, incredibly cute and desirable. The hori d-pad versions have nice designs for Mario and Zelda (not sure why) and I think if they weren't so pricey I'd probably pick up a few to match my moods. 

Yes, that is stupid. No, I'm not ashamed of this.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Sega Mega Drive collection ? £30? Nope!
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Gamermike wrote:

Lego city on wiiu was decent apart from load times. If the switch is a port it’s got a decent story line for both kids and adults and will take you forever to 100%
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Is there a Smash Thread? I think we should have a new Smash Thread
  • If it means less Smash talk in here, I'm all for it.
  • Sundered Eldrich Edition coming to Switch on dec 21st £15.99. Described as lovecraft metriodvania. Eurogamer seem big fans of it.
  • There's a timed Toki Tori 2 demo (1hr), so I played that last night.  I hate the visuals but the puzzles are decent.  It seemed pretty good overall, but not good enough to play the opening hour again so I bought it to avoid losing my progress.
  • I also timed the unskippable Splatbois news feed - 38 seconds if you hurry the text along (!).
  • Bob wrote:
    Sega Mega Drive collection ? £30? Nope!

It's £25 in CEX on PS4?  I'm erring on the side of yes, just for Gunstar Heroes in portable and big screen format.

x
  • No Sonic 3 is criminal, plus it's missing other games on Switch for no reason whatsoever.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I doubt there's no reason. It could well be they had trouble getting those games running well; the Switch will be using a different emulator than other systems.
  • No Sonic 3 is criminal, plus it's missing other games on Switch for no reason whatsoever.

True, but I’ll have those on my PSP already :)

• Sonic 3 is criminal, correct.
  • Better than Sonic 1 though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!