Nintendo Switch
  • Nina wrote:
    For the people that played Daemon X, did you beat the boss?

I got there, but ran out of bullets, took me a while to realize I could also hit him but the little enemies were still annoying. Felt like a fight with not a lot of feedback, I wasn't sure if my buddies could finish the fight so I spend a lot of time reviving them.

Agree with Crayon that enemy feedback could be a bit better, I don't think the rumble was used for that at all was it?

I think it was unnoticable if it was. I’m not a big fan of numbers popping up if I’m not sure really what those numbers mean (is a 100 a good amount of damage?! Maybe! :-|)
  • So I beat the boss in Daemon X Machina Demo. And in the end it was not too bad. You have to really follow the advice in the intro and hit the weak points (
    Spoiler:
    ). It’s pretty hard though and I imagine it getting tougher but also more fun. I really dug sliding around and shooting the bosses underbelly and certainly with cooler weapons and stuff I think it might be quite thrilling.
  • I enjoyed the demo too - it got better as things progressed from the slightly cookie-cutter opening missions to the boss fight. I'll definitely be keeping tabs on this one.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • Tetris as a battle Royale. Shouldn’t work but it’s genius.

Finally got a top 10 finish!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Also the demo of Yoshi was just utterly charming. I loved it!
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I'll probably try to have another go at the boss with those tips @crayon. I felt the text in all the ui screens was a bit too cluttered and I didn't take the time to try and decipher it.

About the enemy feedback, I must be spoiled by Splatoon but in that have you just knew you were hitting an enemy without watching. Sound and rumble were crucial there.

I really hope the team will get useful feedback and have the time and resources to implement them.
  • Double-dipped on Treasure Tracker after the Direct. Why does everything have to be so easy and accessible these days. Fuck its cutesy trappings.

It undersells its conceit so much, its almost insulting.
    3DS friend code: 2809-8024-1882
    AC: New Leaf: James (Ardis) 
    Wii U: BennyProfane
    Switch: SW-4893-5168-5693
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    My left joycon has gone wibbly (the analogue stock has a mind of its own)...

It's driving me nuts.
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • I had that, luckily within warranty though.  They're definitely not as hard wearing as almost any other modern controller you'd care to mention, my right one has lost its R1 click (still works, but it's just spongy now).
  • Bob wrote:
    So after struggling to get over the line with horizon chase turbo to get to the next area it’s suddenly gotten a lot less harsh and I’m
    Making progress again and going back and getting all golds too

They’re steadily making the fuel
    Harder to pick up mind

Highly recommended to anyone switch owner who likes arcade racers it’s mario kart 8 tier goodness

It's addictive but needlessly long imo. I am enjoying it but I'm only halfway through the 6th area (of 12) and it's taken ages to get that far. You can have too much of a good thing if there's not much variety. I keep playing it though, so it's doing lots right. Glad I bought it.
  • There’s a fair amount of variety - but yes personally I’d rather you’d be able to do
    Less to carry on unlocking stuff rather than go back and perfect stuff ...
    The Forum Herald™
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Woooooot I finally won a Tetris 99!
    Forgot to ask, did you do anything with the targeted attacks to get that win?

I've been playing a bit just now, and it feels like it got a lot harder in the last couple days. Was getting almost constant top 15 finishes last time, but it was top 50 mostly today.

Tried to vary a bit with the targets (switching between attackers and badges), but my screen was filling up a lot quicker than last time!
  • I think for the most part I got lucky. I think though KOing people really helps because it gives you their badges (the gold markers on the right). Having a lot of them means even single lines was sending junk I think and at the end I was right at the top and the other guy was comfortable but sending line after line (I think also completing lines in a row helps a lot too).

I’ve also noticed it’s got much harder- I think people have been playing it a lot.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I picked up Goetia for 99 cents. Anyone played it?
  • Just rewatched the Fire Emblem part of the Direct.  I can't see myself enjoying it so it's off the wishlist, which I'm only bothering to mention because it was somewhere near the top beforehand.  Tamagotchi troops on top of all the partnerships stuff is too much.  I think I'd be better off playing the Echoes on 3DS.
  • Just catching up, am I right in thinking there was no Metroid Prime Trilogy announcement?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    :cry:
  • There may have been. But I don’t think anyone saw it?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • No ones talking about oninaki either so it’s possible.

Might also be because no one else liked those other games except me.
  • I am looking forward to it. Think I may have mentioned it? Or not, cos I may have thought “no one else likes these type of games anymore”.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    @crayon, ah so isn't just me then that finds it harder. It hurt my ego a bit last night, even B noticed I didn't do as well as previous times. There's just not much you can do when you got a block of 12 lines your way.
    Still enjoying it.

@cosmic, I liked the look of Oninaki, and it has my name in the title! Just don't think there's enough info out there to talk about, and there are so many rpg's out that I know I'll like but probably never pick up. I didn't find the time for any Switch RPG so far, and I thought at least Octopath and Xenoblade would be day 1s.
    This is all gonna depend on price etc.
  • No ones talking about oninaki either so it’s possible. Might also be because no one else liked those other games except me.
    I didn't like Setsuna and the other one didn't sound great either. So I'll only take an interest in this if it turns out much better.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Never got around to playing Setsuna, but Lost Sphear did not make a very good first impression, so I bounced off of that pretty quickly. Consequently I’m just not that bothered, but who knows, maybe third time’s a charm.
    Get schwifty.
  • Setsuna I thought was a better game, so if you didn’t like that lost sphear wouldn’t have worked out. Both were quite underrated in my opinion, and had great moments on top of the good combat/music etc. I get they are quite run of the mill though in a lot of ways.

I also liked them enough to complete them which is rare for me these days.

Oninaki looks great though, a single character who can equip other characters skills and use them in battle. Sort of like xenoblade 2 I guess?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Really strongly doubt this is what the Game Informer dude was talking about, my guess is Project HAMMER (mind that?) But hey, I was all in for this on Xbox

https://www.nintendo-insider.com/report-scalebound-resurrected-as-a-nintendo-switch-exclusive/amp/?__twitter_impression=true
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    I don't actually know what Project HAMMER is but when I read that speculation thing this morning my first thought was "ooh maybe it's Scalebound".

Looks like someone else thought that too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Project HAMMER (or H.A.M.M.E.R) was a Wii smashemup from NST who made Wave Race Blue Storm and Metroid Prime Hunters on DS. It was pretty far along and got canned

• It can’t be scalebound surely, that would mean platinum have astral chains, scalebound and bayonetta 3 all in development at the same time... I suppose Nintendo could have given scalebound to someone like Namco Bandai to finish.

Give them something to do after taking away Metroid Prime.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Plus, if Platinum were doing 3 games, and they had their usual A team (Bayo, Nier etc) and B teams (TMNT, Korra etc) then whatever is the B team on that list will ssssuuucckk. It won't be Bayo, coz ninty will be backing that one. It won't be Scalebound coz that's Kamiya's baby. Rip Astral.

I still don't believe it, although there was a point where they were helping out with every fucking game on the planet.
  • Thrillkill coming to switch 2019

Edit: developed by Platinum

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!