Nintendo Switch
  • A work colleague messaged me to say that a local supermarket has a few of these in stock. Excitedly called them up and it turns out to just be the grey ones. No word on the red/blue coming back any time soon. Fuck offffffffffffffffff
  • Mikemsp wrote:
    So how do I buy games from the US store on this? Want to get binding of Isaac. I know how to create a US Nintendo account etc but my credit card won't work so I can't buy it. Anyone know a work around?

Buy Us credit from offgamers but isn't it out next week ? I'm tempted but it's $40

Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Oh is it? Haven't heard any news on when it's supposed to be out here. Yeah it is a bit steep but I think it's only about the same as the original plus the costs of the expansions, maybe a little more?
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • Well i thought it was , maybe not then
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What is everyone's favourite button to hit three tines and unlock the Switch? RT is a firm favourite here.
  • Kazuo wrote:
    A work colleague messaged me to say that a local supermarket has a few of these in stock. Excitedly called them up and it turns out to just be the grey ones. No word on the red/blue coming back any time soon. Fuck offffffffffffffffff

Just get the grey and then pick up a couple of spare red/blue joy cons later, that's what I did.
  • According to my Argos app, all my local stores are showing Neon Switch as 'In Stock. Order now, collect in 4 days'.

So if there's an Argos near you Kaz, and you're willing to wait a few days, might be worth checking.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Had the same thought but unfortunately the stock update doesn't extend to the wilds of Scotland. All stores out of stock until further notice, the bastards.
    JMW wrote:
    Just get the grey and then pick up a couple of spare red/blue joy cons later, that's what I did.

I refuse to compromise on the joy in my joy-cons. I've just sucked it up and pre-ordered with the Nintendo store, as I have to assume that they'll re-stock at least in line with most retailers.  
  • I like the grey. Nice and boring.
  • I love the grey.  Only momos go for the Colin Hunt edition.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Missed out by one today. They got 5, I was 4th in line (the waiting is not bad, I'm just sitting in the sun playing Mario Superstars) but they promised 2 to people that were going a bit crazy yesterday. 
    Guy at Gamestop finally wrote my phone number down and said he'd call, hopefully he keeps his promise. Really had my fingers crossed for a go at Splatoon testfire.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    What is everyone's favourite button to hit three tines and unlock the Switch? RT is a firm favourite here.

None.  Disabled that nonsense.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    What's it actually for? In case it accidentally unlocks in your bag or something? Because the chances of the same trigger/bumper being hit three times must be pointlessly high.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    That's why I disabled it.
    Get schwifty.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Still though, that right trigger noise is great.
    Spoiler:
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I can't remember, but it must me easy if I managed it.  ;)
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    A quick look says Screen Lock under System Settings.
    Get schwifty.
  • I'm surprised they include the triggers, because they're the only ones likely to be pressed three times without anything else being pressed.

I'd rather it was a PIN to unlock.
  • I've just added everyone on the list on the first page

Andy (Drew): SW-7458-0182-8512
    Birdorf: SW-7458-8486-8195
    cindemon (Cin): SW-0131-8969-6990
    Hodgepodge (Chrissy): SW-6061-2213-4257
    Isanbard (DAQster): SW-1196-8569-3595
    JimmyTheLips (James): SW-0332-3052-5839
    Kow SW-2433-1181-8342
    Mal0wner (MalO): SW-4320-5689-3509
    mistercrayon: SW-8393-7637-0501
    mikemsp: SW-8411-2547-5902
    Paul the sparky (Sparky): SW-2557-5746-0497
    Raiziel: SW-6334-5686-3309
    regmcfly: SW-6487-6599-9281
    retroking1981 (DaveO): SW-3690-1248-2227
    Speedhaak: SW-3288-7656-4007
    Syph79 (Syph): SW-1217-3161-0153
    TheBoyRoberts (BoyRoberts): SW-0889-3625-5292
    Vela: SW-3252-4654-4910
    Verecocha: SW-4498-0366-1211
    Wariospeedwagon (Guss): SW-7673-3657-6397
    yourfavouriteuncle (Mattymoo): SW-1410-6999-5888

Mine is Gaz 2985-3251-4027
  • I can't be bothered to write mine down. I'll do it if we ever do any MP on anything.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • It's not hard
  • Took 5 mins to add everyone
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    It's not hard

I know. Difficulty (or lack of) has nothing to do with it. Just lazy, innit.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • According to my Argos app, all my local stores are showing Neon Switch as 'In Stock. Order now, collect in 4 days'. So if there's an Argos near you Kaz, and you're willing to wait a few days, might be worth checking.

Which suggests its not actually in stock at your local stores..
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Nina wrote:
    Missed out by one today. They got 5, I was 4th in line (the waiting is not bad, I'm just sitting in the sun playing Mario Superstars) but they promised 2 to people that were going a bit crazy yesterday. 
    Guy at Gamestop finally wrote my phone number down and said he'd call, hopefully he keeps his promise. Really had my fingers crossed for a go at Splatoon testfire.

That's really not on. You're a better person than me as I'd of gone fucking mental.
  • It's the universal rule of retail unfortunately.  The customer can either accept no as an answer, or kick up a stink, resulting in an outside chance of an eventual yes.  Staff prefer customers that take their lumps, but rules are often broken for the foot stompers.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    It's the universal rule of retail unfortunately.  The customer can either accept no as an answer, or kick up a stink, resulting in an outside chance of an eventual yes.  Staff prefer customers that take their lumps, but rules are often broken for the foot stompers.

Oh I know, having worked a lot in retail. But such a promise should never have been made, if indeed it was. Because if it's beyond company policy to keep it to one per customer what stops the first in the queue buying all 5 and then selling all 5 outside to the rest plus 20%? I'm just a git and though it would've done me no good I'd of gone ape. People waiting days and days and even given numbers of the units being delivered, what's the point if it's not 1 per customer. LIVID!
  • These people think they can of their cake and eat it.
  • It was 1 per customer (if I understand correctly), just that 2 of the 5 had been promised for 2 other people not in the queue. (Still a but shit, mind.)
  • JonB wrote:
    It was 1 per customer (if I understand correctly), just that 2 of the 5 had been promised for 2 other people not in the queue. (Still a but shit, mind.)

Ahh if that's the case then I misread it. Still not the right way to do it. In that's case why not do it with all 5 and not waste people's time and hope?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!