Wii
    something

Send message
    FFFFUUUUUUUUUUUCCCKKK
  • AJ wrote:
    Yes, but that's not what I want to do.

What do you want to do?
    The Forum Herald™
  • In other news I'm in for Flinthook. Sounds like it could fill the Spelunky/Vita void nicely.
    The Forum Herald™
  • EvilRedEye
    Show networks
    Twitter
    adrianongaming
    Xbox
    EvilRedEye8
    PSN
    EvilRedEye8
    Steam
    EvilRedEye8

Send message
    They won't let you access the internal memory from a PC because it has the OS on it. I believe the PSP and Vita only let you access memory card data and not internal gubbins either. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's that outrageous.
    "ERE's like Mr. Muscle, he loves the things he hates"
  • Bob wrote:
    Yes, but that's not what I want to do.
    What do you want to do?

A couple of things: post them here, Whatsapp them, probably others. I know the options available and they're all shit.

EvilRedEye wrote:
    They won't let you access the internal memory from a PC because it has the OS on it. I believe the PSP and Vita only let you access memory card data and not internal gubbins either. In the grand scheme of things I don't think it's that outrageous.

It's entirely possible to allow access to only part of the memory over the USB. You can also offer a folder accessible via several open protocols over WiFi really easily. Letting people transfer them to a USB drive via the dock should be implemented. Letting you email them would suit me, too. Having an online service for accessing them is fairly easy to set up, but costs so probably wouldn't be viable, at least until the paid service is running.
  • It's real easy to post them here from facebook. You can also save them from facebook and do whatever with them.. may not be the easiest but it's fairly close to easy if I can do it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • I know. It's convoluted and, I believe, will re-compress them lowering the quality (I know it's probably imperceptible, but that's not the point).

The point is that the device is lacking functionality. It's like the fact I'm fine with there being no folders but agree it's a thing that should be in place.
  • Fingers crossed for version 6.0
    The Forum Herald™
  • The other point is Fuck Facebook.
  • Well there is that too but it's great at hosting images. So there's that.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Anyone got pac man championship edition 2 on switch? How is it? Loved the first one on xbox. I know the second one isn't supposed to be as good but it'd still scratch that itch...
    Peter3C
  • Bob wrote:
    Well there is that too but it's great at hosting images. So there's that.

Do the URLs not expire after a while? I'm sure they used to.

Fuck having dumb screen shots in my profile just because I wanted to show someone a funny glitch or something, anyway.
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    RedDave2 wrote:
    How much you thinking for them rabbids?

@RedDave2 Sorry man, missed this.

How about £25 delivered?
  • Cos
    Show networks
    Twitter
    CallMeCosby
    Xbox
    Jacks Joystick
    PSN
    CosbyTheWise
    Steam
    Cosby
    Wii
    BillyCosby

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Have you indie'd on other consoles, or blank canvas recommendations?

Very little so blank canvas. Have at it!
  • AJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    Well there is that too but it's great at hosting images. So there's that.
    Do the URLs not expire after a while? I'm sure they used to. Fuck having dumb screen shots in my profile just because I wanted to show someone a funny glitch or something, anyway.

They certainly don't on facebook.

My 'on this day' is still bringing up shots from when I hosted the Driveclub TT (Sorry no private lobbies).
    The Forum Herald™
  • Birdorf
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Martin Bird
    Twitter
    birdm68
    Xbox
    Birdorf
    PSN
    Birdorf
    Steam
    Birdorf
    Wii
    U: Birdorf, 3DS: 4382 3173 0928

Send message
    I don't generally use FB, but created an account specifically so I could have my own PS4 avatar. I just use it for that and other gaming crap, it has no friends.
  • I like the default PSN avatar and have no intention of ever changing it.

Spoiler:
  • I've posted pics on here before that I've uploaded to Facebook that have since disappeared. Last time I was in the Horizon thread I noticed a lot of my photo mode shots weren't showing anymore.
  • Cosby wrote:
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Have you indie'd on other consoles, or blank canvas recommendations?

Very little so blank canvas. Have at it!

My man Cos joining the #SwitchDads cru. Nice

GOLF STORY
    Steamworld Dig 2
    Gorogoa

All brilliant in my book.
  • JonB wrote:
    I've posted pics on here before that I've uploaded to Facebook that have since disappeared. Last time I was in the Horizon thread I noticed a lot of my photo mode shots weren't showing anymore.

There. that is how I'd expect it to behave and how all similar systems I've used have.
  • I guess mine must just be special.

10445571_10206776172781983_1234847724392415381_n.jpg?oh=912547fb350e86a9c12cf4090850e239&oe=5B41E283

From 2015.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Where did you get that link from?

It's when a picture isn't viewed for long enough that it disappears.
  • @Birdorf: Sorry to break it to you, but if it’s got no friends, then nobody can see your fb avatar, they can only see the PSN one. Only people who you are also friends with on fb can see your fb avatar.

@Cosby: Here is a summary I wrote for AJ.

@AJ: The functionality you seek is not on other consoles without buying something to transfer images to. You could surely get a small, cheap microSD. You can also set facebook albums do that only you can see them in your profile. You can still embed them elsewhere. Personally, I have a twitter account which is used exclusively for image hosting. Simple. There are plenty of options.
  • AJ wrote:
    Where did you get that link from? It's when a picture isn't viewed for long enough that it disappears.

On this day mate. Hasn't been viewed since at least this time last year.
    The Forum Herald™
  • Andy wrote:
    @AJ: The functionality you seek is not on other consoles without buying something to transfer images to. You could surely get a small, cheap microSD. You can also set facebook albums do that only you can see them in your profile. You can still embed them elsewhere. Personally, I have a twitter account which is used exclusively for image hosting. Simple. There are plenty of options.

It's the difficulty of removing the SD I take issue with. On PS4, I just plug in a thumb drive, copy the screenshot and unplug the drive. On Wii, you have to totally shut down the console, remove it from the dock, open the hatch and remove the card.

I know all the options and everything you say (except the URIs from private albums being publicly visible, that surprises and concerns me a little), but I'm allowed to not be happy with them, surely?
  • Bob wrote:
    Where did you get that link from? It's when a picture isn't viewed for long enough that it disappears.

Where did you get the link from?
  • AJ wrote:
    Bob wrote:
    AJ wrote:
    Where did you get the link from?

Facebook.
    The Forum Herald™

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!