Nintendo Switch
  • Fuck buying a new Nintendo console. They should support the WiiU properly.
  • Hows does everyone feel about the next Zelda?

Do you want it to be X-platform like TP? Move to the NX? Stay Wii U exclusive?

I'm hoping for the latter.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • isanbard wrote:
    E3 2016 NX announce, Holiday 2017 release Shirley?

Agree with the announcement part.  Its gonna be Spring or Xmas 2017 I reckon. 

Xmas 2016 whilst possible & would probably tie in the "Twilight Princess" theory ref the new Zelda just seems to knee jerk for me, would kill the U off, which according to the Q&A I posted earlier is not on the cards for them as they are looking still to support it for a bit longer. 

End of the day they do not have to rush the NX out the door & I pray that they don't.
  • Hows does everyone feel about the next Zelda? Do you want it to be X-platform like TP? Move to the NX? Stay Wii U exclusive? I'm hoping for the latter.

WiiU only pleasethankyouverymuch.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    cindemon wrote:
    Hows does everyone feel about the next Zelda? Do you want it to be X-platform like TP? Move to the NX? Stay Wii U exclusive? I'm hoping for the latter.

WiiU only pleasethankyouverymuch.

Don't really care as long as it actually comes out. At least we know it's on it's way - I don't think they've even started on half the stuff people are buzzing about from Sony's conf. So I guess Iwata was right even if I still think the conference was a let down. Interesting hearing from some people that a simple re-structure of the order could have made it better - finish with Starfox makes more sense.

Still, I agree with the big hitters chat.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Although even old H was going in for the Twilight Princess theory, might be more Skyward Sword? A final hurrah for the system?
  • Hows does everyone feel about the next Zelda? Do you want it to be X-platform like TP? Move to the NX? Stay Wii U exclusive? I'm hoping for the latter.
    it depends what the NX is!
    selfishly, i don't have a wiiU, so if the NX turns out to be the brilliant home console i want and is out next year, i'd rather it was exclusive to (and optimised for) that, and i'd jump straight to NX..
    if NX isn't going to be out for years, or is going to be some odd-peripheral driven obscurity and/or a mobile thing, i'd prob prefer the game to be Wii U exclusive and it might convince me to pick a wiiU up!
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Zelda nx is based on a couple of things. It's unclear how important the gamepad is and unclear if the nx will have gamepad support.
  • WorKid wrote:
    Fuck buying a new Nintendo console. They should support the WiiU properly.

I think they actually have in so far as much as they can balancing with the 3ds.

If you bought a wii u today there is a really good suite of games.
  • I know. My fear is they abandon it too early and switch to the NX.
  • Zelda nx is based on a couple of things. It's unclear how important the gamepad is and unclear if the nx will have gamepad support.

This is the real issue.

I don't want the NX to support the Gamepad, I think Nintendo would be best to move on. So if it doesn't and Zelda is X-Platform it would mean the Gamepad isn't gonna be an integral part of it.

I want it to make amazing use of the GPad and stay Wii U exclusive.

Then again in a massive contradiction, I still think Nintendo should re-release the Wii U with an updated Pro pad (motion and mic built in) and not the Gamepad. Release that as cheap as possible (£100-120). It won't sell gangbusters but I think it would improve sales. Patch as many games as possible to not require the Gamepad e.g. SM3DW.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • WorKid wrote:
    I know. My fear is they abandon it too early and switch to the NX.

Depends what the nx is. If it's a console then it saves them being irrelevant for another five years in the console market IF it's a good idea executed well. 

If it's a new portable system then it's overdue.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Pretty sure the NX was confirmed as being their next home console, which does beg the question... whats going on with their handheld line?Could the 3DS chug along for a few more years?

Nintendo have released their handheld just before the home console in every gen but one; GB>SNES, N64>GBC, GBA>GCN, DS>Wii, 3DS>Wii U. Looks like that pattern is about to be broke again.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
    This is the real issue. I don't want the NX to support the Gamepad, I think Nintendo would be best to move on. So if it doesn't and Zelda is X-Platform it would mean the Gamepad isn't gonna be an integral part of it. I want it to make amazing use of the GPad and stay Wii U exclusive. Then again in a massive contradiction, I still think Nintendo should re-release the Wii U with an updated Pro pad (motion and mic built in) and not the Gamepad. Release that as cheap as possible (£100-120). It won't sell gangbusters but I think it would improve sales. Patch as many games as possible to not require the Gamepad e.g. SM3DW.

They did this with the Wii Basic but i don't think they'll be arsed to patch anything.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message

The most likely part of that to my mind is that Ninty may have been touting something NXish to Western devs behind closed doors at E3. The rest sounds a bit fluffy but who knows eh?

Mid 2016 seems far too rushed but it is the big N so christ knows.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • it would make for an interesting E3 reveal if they managed to keep it under wraps...
    "Hi.  Here's our new console...more powerful than PS4, only £200, new zelda and mario...out tomorrow.  End show"
  • I really don't think it will be just a Nintendo Bone/4.
    The only reason to create that console is to court third parties and that isn't Nintendo's way.

It might be that and some Nintendo magic though. Even so, it won't have voice chat, so that means a lot of the more popular third party titles will have their worst version on the NX (given the huge popularity of online gaming). So again the consumer finds themself wanting a Nintendo console and another. Back to the Wii U scenario and the whole thing was a waste of time.
  • Oh I think the NX is exactly designed to court third parties.

Dev costs are crippling at the moment and if they can get costs lower with a reasonable install base they might be on to a winner.

I thought the idea was to be able to fling a game from home to handheld easily therefore accessing two markets for the price of one. If it's easy to port PC indie stuff (Unity?) or iOS / Android stuff then even better.

Not exactly the same thing but if you look at the WiiU and 3DS copies of SSB and imagine just doing everything once that has to make sense.
  • The thing is: what is a third party. Our consciousness tells us this implicitly means ea, Ubi and Activision. An android type platform might attract and foster the next gen massive third parties.
  • Didn't the wii have a large catalogue in the end?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Huge -mostly due to being able to throw wotevs out and those being Proto IPhone games
  • There's an awful lot of wishful thinking going on here.  They're just as likely to announce a console version of that car Homer designs for his long lost brother as anything of any basic sense.
  • Er, it's all idle speculation. What else do you expect?

(although, I reckon a funny shaped screen)
  • There's an awful lot of wishful thinking going on here.  They're just as likely to announce a console version of that car Homer designs for his long lost brother as anything of any basic sense.
    I think that's how it would turn out if they tried to keep everyone happy...and no one would like it.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    1 - Can play on the move (i.e. some handheld element)? Yes
    2 - Can play at home (e.g. HDMI output)? Yes
    3 - 4K support? No
    4 - WiiU back compatibility? No
    5 - Wii back compability? No
    6 - Wii in the name? No
    7 - Subscription model (e.g. a la PS+)? No
    8 - Zelda at launch? No
    9 - Mario at launch? Yes
    10 - Metroid at launch? No
    11 - VR Support? No
    12 - More than one SKU (e.g. basic + premium)? No
    13 - eStore purchases all carried forward? No
    14 - new "Nintendo Club" scheme? Yes
    15 - Ambassador program for early adoption? Tiebreaker - RRP (of 'basic' model)? No / £89

I think it'll be an edutainment tablet for kids.
  • Here's a video of the NX.

No not really it's the fabled Nintendo Sony PlaystationSNES
  • That is like a properly good historical thing. All those rare games going for 10k are nonsense in comparison.
  • Makes me wonder what the 2015 equivalent might be.

A Nintendo-Apple tie-up?

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!