Nintendo Switch
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Got added to a family account so that's that sorted. Those nes games are rank, though, why would anyone bother with them?

As said earlier, access to a snes library would have been a whole different proposition.

Thinking about it, I would pay Nintendo 60 euro per year for this if it included snes, game boy, game boy advance, N64 and GameCube titles. A netflix for nintendo with the bonus of online play.

For sixty Euros a year? No way. Twice that, maybe.
  • I'm sure other systems will be added in the future, hopefully some other systems other than Nintendo's like the VC got.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I think id prefer the online to be as cheap as they can make it and see the nes games as a cute bonus.
  • They're adding 3 games a month from what I heard.

The total number of NES games floated around the 90 mark on the VC, if we have 20 already and are getting 3 a month going forward that leaves 24 months of NES updates.

By the time we get around to SNES we'll be playing PS5.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Not in bad way but fuck me who wants to play nes games
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • mannaboy
    Show networks
    Steam
    mannaboy
    Wii
    mannaboy

Send message
    I got a Ninja Turtles NES game back in the day and couldn’t get past the first level, I have an itch to revisit it just to see if it really as shit and crazy difficult as I remember.
    Things can only get better.
  • Turtles was never good.

It's one of the AVGN's best episodes imo as its a game most had, and as kids we pretty much liked anything.

Seeing him tear that apart as oppose to something completely shit that no one played like Cheetahman makes it all the funnier.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Bob wrote:
    Not in bad way but fuck me who wants to play nes games
    Not I
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Bob wrote:
    Not in bad way but fuck me who wants to play nes games
    Not I

Well, 3.6 million did buy the mini nes...

SFV - reddave360
  • But how many still play it?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • Ninja Turtles on NES was quality. Hard but not unplayably so. Would love to play again but I know it’ll be for 5 minutes and then never again. Which will probably be true for all NES games except the Marios and Micro Machines.
    That was awkward and unsettling, never post anything like it again.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    Nina wrote:
    How does the online work with multiple accounts? If I get the subscription on B's account, can my account play online?

I just wish Nintendo would allow an US PayPal to be linked to an EU account, I'm draining all my euros this way...

Edit, ugh, looks like a no. Signed up for the trial, downloaded that NES hub thing and tried to play with B's account, not allowed. Why can't I use our US credit card or PayPal Nintendo...

Someone linked a family account thing...
    There's a B&B family account set up? Is that gonna work across different regions? I'm fine with the $20 a year though, Splatoon, MH and hopefully Smash will all be played online. Maybe Pokémon next year.

My main problem is that I want to pay for the subscription in $'s, but can't do that with my EU account as I can't link a $ cc or PayPal. Had the same problem when buying mhgu, I needed the EU version to make sure I could transfer the 3ds save file. I don't have many €'s left in my non savings account, and I really don't want to go into my savings for Switch online while I have plenty of $'s.

Anyway, I like Balloon Flight and Dr. Mario.
  • Kernowgaz wrote:

So 1 lonely child?

SFV - reddave360
  • Light Fall has crept into the bottom half of the sale. £7.49. One I've had my eye on.
  • Anyone up for splitting an online family pack?
    Need it for the dark souls test this weekend and Fifa 19 (hopefully)
    I only play football games online cause I am shit at everything else
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    Road to Ballhalla is good. I haven't been irritated by any of the gameplay variations yet. It's more marble rolling than puzzling (just).
    Is it back on the store? I'm still pretty keen on some marbling

Back up and on sale - only 20% off but I'm definitely enjoying it enough to say tenner well spent.  Looking like a strong [7].  It's short though, maybe 4hrs.

Cool, I'll get to it eventually.

I'm also keen on Bad North. A friend played it quite a bit and really liked it.
  • Anyone up for splitting an online family pack?
    Need it for the dark souls test this weekend and Fifa 19 (hopefully)
    I only play football games online cause I am shit at everything else

Can you split across regions? I would be keen if so.
  • I signed up for the online trial to get access to the nes games, had a go at a few of them.
    soccer - shite
    tennis - it's slow and clunky, though the mechanics are kind of hardcore given there's no assistance on positioning etc. too boring and slow though between points 
    double dragon - what a let down. only moves are a punch and kick? not even a flying kick? i was sure there was more to it, like grabbing people and kneeing them in the head. maybe i missed something, then again there doesn't seem to be any manuals for how to play the games?
    excitebike - this still plays 'well' in terms of how i remembered it. i always enjoyed it as a nipper, though i never really got particularly good at the technique needed.
    tecmo football thing - i kind of wanted to enjoy this but dirty fucking cheating AI! ;)
    pro wrestling - has the same fundamentals of most wrestling games. might be fun in 2 player for a couple of goes
    SMB3 - not as colourful as I remembered...mario seemed brown. I'm prob confusing with the snes all stars version like.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Double Dragon does have extra moves but you need points to get hearts and each heart is a new technique.
  • double dragon - what a let down. only moves are a punch and kick? not even a flying kick? i was sure there was more to it, like grabbing people and kneeing them in the head. maybe i missed something, then again there doesn't seem to be any manuals for how to play the games?

You unlock moves in a sort of RPG format. There's actually quite a few by the end, more than any other DD afaik. The fly kick is the first one you get.

It's actually a good game but as with any beat em up, the lack of a 2 player mode is a let down.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • Double Dragon does have extra moves but you need points to get hearts and each heart is a new technique.
    double dragon - what a let down. only moves are a punch and kick? not even a flying kick? i was sure there was more to it, like grabbing people and kneeing them in the head. maybe i missed something, then again there doesn't seem to be any manuals for how to play the games?
    You unlock moves in a sort of RPG format. There's actually quite a few by the end, more than any other DD afaik. The fly kick is the first one you get. It's actually a good game but as with any beat em up, the lack of a 2 player mode is a let down.
    Cheers. I seem to recall single player only being a complaint back in the day, though there were different mode options at the start and i'm sure 2 player was one of them.....
    actually, just looked it up and it seems it just a vs mode or summat.
  • Double Dragon II is where it's at anyway.

I'd definitely be up for playing that online with someone when it drops.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • I'm thinking i prob played DD2 back in the day and was muddling the memories.
  • Yeah NES DD2 is quality.

The first one was rightly panned for having no co-op.
  • Double dragon has a 1 v 1 fighting mode in game B.
  • The first one was rightly panned for having no co-op.
    I mean, it's Double Dragon FFS.
  • JonB wrote:
    The first one was rightly panned for having no co-op.
    I mean, it's Double Dragon FFS.

In a world with a 15 final fantasies we can have a solo double Dragon!

But yeah, is a bit shit. Nes is too far a step back. I think only smb and smb 3 stand up

SFV - reddave360

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!