Nintendo Switch
  • In VR!
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • For BC. If this is an important thing to gamers then it is probably more important for Nintendo than anyone else.

My want would still be a dockable handheld/home console that has a substantial back catalogue and/or library.

Honestly I think Nintendo would be mad to keep their small market split between two consoles. The tech is there to make a handheld that is as good as the Wii U and Nintendo games do not need more than that for at least another 5-10 years.
  • nick_md wrote:
    'Reactionary' means reluctance to change. Just thought I'd throw that out, 'cause unless I'm mistaken, it's being used to mean something differen itt.

Yes, I'm that cunt. Unless I'm mistaken, in which case, you're all cunts.

ooh. Fair play.
    That is my bad. I meant it in that they react to what is going on in markets. Would "Reactive" work better?

Nah everyone knew what you meant, I'm just a prick who can't help himself :)
  • hunk wrote:
    Dan wrote:
    I don't think they'd do VR, but was just an example of something new that's actually compelling. Sure I'd like to actually be able to play SNES, N64, Gamecube games, Wii games and Wii U games on the move on one unified console - that's what most long time Nintendo fans probably want - finally being able to play all these titles - again or if missed the first time. But that makes little sense for Nintendo. They make a lot of money out of selling both 3DS and home console titles. They're hardly going to cannibalise such a well selling system like the 3DS. Sure they'd need to develop less titles, but they'd also sell less probably. And less hardware which they also profit from. Special edition hardware. Selling smash bros for 3DS and Wii U. Giving away CD soundtracks and a special character for doing so. They're a toy company. How many DS/3DS incarnations exist, including special editions? It's ridiculous. It works well both for selling to kids and to men children like us that like to collect. Amiibo is that taken to the next level. I doubt very much they're going to streamline or go to a subscription model. Both are the antithesis of what they do.
    Integrating VC and BC into the ecosystem is more than just playing old retro games. Its about binding your userbase to your company. It's about allowing users to build a library in their account. It's about users not abandoning you once next gen comes around. How many user jumped ship in the transition from Wii -->WiiU? That's one of the main reasons why consoles are shifting to OS frameworks come next gen. Nippon cited Android as a logical candidatefor the NX and they may be right.
    it was not done in the best way but all vc wii titles could be transferred to the wii u I think.

Archaic and complex old system where purchased gamefiles literally needed to be transferred from your old system to the hdd of the new console.
    VC on NX will probably be more modern and cloud based like other modern app stores (Steam, Google Play, Apple app store). About time too, Nintendo was left hopelesly behind in that department.
  • Archaic yes but the only form of bc to port over to new gen until ms last week.
  • Sadly yes and it really shouldn't be like this.
    Hopefully stuff like this will be rectified next gen out of the box.
    It would make transitioning between hardware cycles alot smoother.

XBone running on a win8/10 framework is clearly paying dividends in the long run.
  • Tempy wrote:
    I'm not sure Ninty see anyone as competition really

Princess Peach brings all the boys to the yard. Damn right.
    PSN: LtPidgeon - Live: Lt Pidgeon
  • hunk wrote:
    Sadly yes and it really shouldn't be like this.
    Hopefully stuff like this will be rectified next gen out of the box.
    It would make transitioning between hardware cycles alot smoother.

XBone running on a win8/10 framework is clearly paying dividends in the long run.

I think also having a good person in charge now.
  • Isn't improving online intergration a part of what the DeNA collaboration is all about?
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
  • This is all a fun thread filled with wild speculation, right?

I don't think it'll be anything like a hybrid.
    I understood NX to mean "easy to program and port" but I've no doubt the next Nintendo home console will be exactly and only that.

I'm with Moot here by the way, more WiiU please. A regression back to the Wii days would also suit, wiimote plus nunchuck just might be my favourite controller ever.
  • Also: Android is an irrelevance, it adds nothing and Nintendo won't give up control like that. I will eat my Mario beanie if it's a part of the NX dealio.
  • Mmmmm, mario beanie...........
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    i think they'll skip the hardware and software, and take us all back to a simpler time when families got together and played board games! Super mario board game super mario kart board game zelda board game amiibo board game and you'll be able to buy amiibos for the board games too, and if you use certain ones you get an extra roll of the dice or something.

I know this isn't what you mean but this was an odd little experiment they through into Mario Party 5 hidden away in the options.

Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • My god.
    Ps4:MrSpock1980J     XBL-360: Jadgey      
    Things are looking up for my penis.
  • davyK
    Show networks
    Xbox
    davyK13
    Steam
    dbkelly

Send message
    Really weird. The game itself is pretty dull but I reckon it could be turned into something interesting with some additions and changes.The presentation has that typical Nintendo charm.
    Holding the wrong end of the stick since 2009.
  • I hope the NX is super-teeny-tiny.

Like matchbox size or something.

And available in sixteen different colours.
  • A viable way for Ninty to do AR and classic family gaming would actually be with the 3DS or a gamepad with a camera - e.g. Mario Party board game using AR cards, Amiibo - sensors for Amiibo in the board maybe.

I'd actually play that.

Could be really good with an AR headset like the hololens, but that'd be expensive and awkward sitting together and making face to face contact etc.

So something like an AR overlay provided by the 3DS would be more practical and work quite well if handled well - which I'm sure Ninty could do.

You could then pass the 3DS around and play games on there - Augmented or not, when you land on certain squares and things happen.

A board, some Amiibo, and a couple of 3DSs would work.
    Maybe a plastic stand for a 3DS for it to give an augmented reality view of the board.

Would love to play battle chess as well.

There are a lot of 3DSs out there, so they could sell the board game, with some AR cards and maybe a couple of Amiibo. Total money spinner but could actually be really good.

Can even get more complex and have custom boards - with paths drawn on/laid out, or totally AR. Loads of add on and expansion opportunities. Nothing beats physical board games for family fun on holidays etc, and it's not changed for ages. Would work much better than those attempts to modernise using a TV etc.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • Imagine augmented reality Risk? That'd be more difficult to do but could be awesome.
    Hi Hosting - Fast and Reliable UK Web Hosting
    We host a number of bears and badgers, get in touch if want a website too!
  • What about if Nx was the re do of the 1 v 100 thing on 360? I'd be fucking so up for that.

Weekly or daily games played at set times but communally. Sooooo fucking disruptive.
  • End of the day we shall know a little more ref the NX and it's direction this Friday when Ninty hold their 75th annual shareholders meeting.

Anyone interested in lasts years can read it here, where you can see their fears ref "handy me down" portable devices and how they still want to be creative/different in the industry.

Whether it will be enough to make them the "strong one" when it finally surfaces who knows, but I'm looking forward to a few more answers ref the U & what's the new direction.

Last year's....

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ir/en/stock/meeting/140627qa/index.html
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fuck I want 1v100 back so bad
  • Some of the shareholders stuff is coming out.

NX not being talked about as to not allow competitors to copy ideas.

NX will start "at 0" meaning it isn't a hybrid of old stuff and looks like it won't be backwards compatible.

Iwata determined to keep Wii U owners satisfied by continuing to fully support the Wii U throughout NC development.
  • But how would they do That and have a good nx launch?!

Also it's hopefully gonna have a 3d Mario.
  • Mario VR revolution
    Zelda VR, Ganon's wrath
    StarfoxVR, Slippy saves the day
  • But how would they do That and have a good nx launch?!

Also it's hopefully gonna have a 3d Mario.

A 3D Mario would be due.
    Possibly pull a Twilight Princess and launch across two consoles.
    Plus whatever Retro Studios are up to.

Totally depends on what NX actually is I guess.
  • Nintendo VR Party NX: amiboo edition
  • NX, just a sack full of amiibos.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    NX, just a sack full of amiibos.

IN
  • Pokemon VR: amibo ed.

Amibo's go with anything.
    Team up with the local supermarket chain and kids will be muggin' old folks to get their grubby mits on amibos.
  • Skerret
    Show networks
    Facebook
    die
    Twitter
    @CustomCosy
    Xbox
    Skerret
    PSN
    Skerret
    Steam
    Skerret
    Wii
    get tae

Send message
    More about the sack plx
    Skerret's posting is ok to trip balls to and read just to experience the ambience but don't expect any content.
    "I'm jealous of sucking major dick!"~ Kernowgaz

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!