Ghost Recon Wildlands
‹ Previous12

• Upcoming UbiGame™, set in Bolivia. A squad shooter, set in an open world, a first for the series. You (and your friends) are the 'Ghosts' and are tasked with bringing down the Santa Blanca drug cartel. Featuring a dynamic day-night cycle and weather system, your squad can use the advantages and disadvantages of both and the myriad of vehicles and gadgets to achieve this goal. The game supports four player multiplayer or solo play with three AI squad members.

No release date as yet but hype drive is engaging. This is the closest we will get to a Flashpoint for the foreseeable, and hopefully a hard mode is featured to ramp it up to OpF challenge levels.

Team Clusterfuck tool up!
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • DAY ONE.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • He's not heard of it and now he's day one !!!
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I'm playing fast and loose with the rulez.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    DAY 3. BY WHICH TIME YOU'LL ALL HAVE FUCKED OFF. BASTARDS.
  • Is there a date? Ghost Recon is one of those games that can last a long time. Never really appreciated that enough last gen.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • No release date yet.

This will have much replayability. Take each mission at day or night, stealth or guns blazing, vehicles or on foot, gadget free runs. I don't see it providing the raw mentalness of abandoning a crooked lorry and hot footing it from an entire PLA company after razing the objective, it may be just a little too Hollywood for that, but it looks like it could be a great playground.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm in. Can I laser designate targets like in clear and present danger?
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    I'm in. Can I laser designate targets like in clear and present danger?

You want to kill kids you sick bastard?!
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Fuck me. Just watched the trailer. That looks HYPE.

The best bit? The way they ran down the hill slightly sideways as you would with brilliantly executed movement rather than the usual GTA stuff.
  • Looks damn good.

Two questions I want the answers to:

1. Can it be played solo or with small number of friends online

2. Will it run at a framerate above the usual 25fps of Ubisoft games.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Answer one is in the OP, answer two is anyone's guess.
  • I'm more intrigued than excited. The last one got co-op about as right as it gets, when it worked. Transferring some of that to open world and functioning servers would be amazing. I'm a bit put off by the story stuff, then I tried to remember the story in the last one and really couldn't. Africa, Russia, Georgia and a robot dog in the snow?

It does also look more generically Ubisoft, which isn't a compliment. 

We'll have a good idea of what to expect after The Division and Rainbow Six release anyway.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I've never played a Tom Clancy (nor read for that matter). How should I distinguish this from the Rainbow six from The Division? They all seem in the pipeline for release, what are the singers between them were I to buy just one of em?
  • Rainbow Six used to be storming into buildings to kill bad guys, Ghost Recon was sneaking about in the countryside to kill bad guys. Both of them used to at least try to be faux realistic a couple of hardware generations ago. 

The Division is new and seems to be a mash-up of the two in an always on-line multi-player city. There will be a lot of wacky gadgets in all of them and very little attempt at realism.
  • Webbins wrote:
    Answer one is in the OP, answer two is anyone's guess.

I can't read apparently. :D
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Looks ruddy lovely.

equinox_code "I need girls cornered and on their own"
  • Yay, I don't need friends.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    I've never played a Tom Clancy (nor read for that matter). How should I distinguish this from the Rainbow six from The Division? They all seem in the pipeline for release, what are the singers between them were I to buy just one of em?

Fuck knows, you'd be hard pressed to tell which is which from the screenshots. Chuck Splinter Cell in there too.

I'll probably buy them all.
  • Ghost Recon is about synchronised sneaky-sneaky and, according to E3, The Division is about triple crossing your "mates". No?
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Ghost Recon started as sneaky sneaky outdoors with, as far as I remember, a pace that meant you could leave a guy in cover and switch to a team mate. It seems they've upped the pace somewhat, but it's still essentially a tactical shooter.

Rainbow Six started out as sneaky sneaky indoors. In the original game, you spent at least as much time planning each team member's route through the pretty small building your were storming. Again, you could switch between guys in the real-time execution, partly helped by, iirc, your strategy being broken down into phases, with points your team wouldn't move beyond until the next command. I haven't played one in donkeys, but it looks much more like every other fps these days, a lot less tactical.

Splinter Cell is solo sneaky sneaky.

The Division seems to be much more about the sustained online world, with fragile truces and entrenched rivalries, and more futuristic tech. Ghost Recon has dabbled with near-future tech a few times, but The Division seems to be more far-fetched with its tech.
  • Nice trailer, never going to be that good. Super Mario Maker Trailer, yes, has potential to be amazing. Halo 5 trailer, could well be amazing. This trailer...hype bullshit.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Know this is probably the wrong thread, but just saw something on Twitter about a Predator (the Arnie one) Add-on.

This just got interesting if so.
  • TEAM AWESOME ASSEMBLE!

tomorrow night apparently

g.man
  • I can get on board with that.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's so far up my street it's in my house sitting in my favorite spot.

Is it PvP or co-op versus AI? I'm hoping for PvP and also I'll be the Predator thanks. I'll probably eviscerate three of you no problem only to be shot in the back by Gaz the bush baby.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Seriously, Ubisoft are killing it at the moment. Other developers please take note.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Holy shit.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    What a fucking brilliant idea. PvP will be ace but I'm also down for being hunted as a group through the forest.
‹ Previous12
This discussion has been closed.
All Discussions

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!