19th September, The Thread.
‹ Previous123456733
  • Update 13:00 16/9

About private hire, I'm sorry but I haven't been able to get a response from the tiny, 2-3 people operations I've been contacting. there's been a lot of 'oh that sounds a good idea, I'll get back to you', then nothing. Ah well, their doors are open to us in the day anyway, and Streetfeast is a great evening out for later day stuff (just my suggestion of course, let's see how we feel).

Just hope it's not raining a lot on Saturday but even if it is, it's not far to good covered areas for those coming to my house. We can take a bus 5 mins down the road if it's really bad.

I need to get my number and address to the folk coming to mine, I'll make a group this afternoon  - if you should be on it but haven't had a PM, let me know in this thread.

Colour me hype and see you in a couple of days. Any questions just ask.

Update: 12.42 20/8 I bought the ticket for Dan and it's being sent straight to his house. You can see the receipt if you check the thread. I'll be finalising exactly what I'll be doing with the remaining money in the coming weeks. First priorities will be to excellently feed the folk coming to mine, make the sauce I've promised, and save a few quid for beers for Dan while he's here. Not for me to speak for him but just having a train ticket to London doesn't get you far in the way of having a good time down here. I still haven't heard back on a private hire and I'm thinking at this point, that it would be quite shit to not have a few quid to splash around the group on the day as everyone has been kind enough to donate. Also, the charity matching thing is still to be confirmed. My mrs holds the purse strings on that one, but we haven't properly talked about it yet. I'd really like to do it of course, so that people feel they are getting more for their money. Anyway, no going back now, bring on the 19th!

Update:12.43 Hi all. Thanks to everyone once again for the contributions to this. Money should be cleared in the next couple of days at which point I'll buy DJ's ticket. For the rest of the money, I'm still waiting to hear back from the brewery who said there was potential in hiring their space. They've been very busy. It's not a huge deal if we can't get that, I'll put money into rounds of beers on the day. I'm about to add some folk to the OP who have expressed interest. If I've missed you, I'm sorry, I'm under huge pressure at work and don't have the time to check the forum all day - this is also going to affect how much time I can put into finding a venue. Sorry for a slightly negative update today, this is all going to be amazing still, I have faith.

Update: 12.00 10/8/15 Well, well, well. £210! This is turning into something bigger and better than I could have ever hoped for. Thanks for putting your trust into this project, and I'm committed to making it a great day. First choice of private venue hasn't got back to me so it's time to make some phone calls today. I've also requested people let me know their availability throughout the day to help me when booking. Look below for details of that so far.

Update: 10:30 8/8/15 God Badger tier achieved. £185. A wild Petey just caretakered the hell out of us. I'm going to make some inquiries about a private hire of some space in a brewery. All extra money will go towards something like this, if possible, or if not maybe I'll buy in a selection of london's finest booze for a. Tasting session when everyone gets to mine. HYPE. If I can get a quote on something cool to do I'll change the target accordingly.

Update 16:10 7/8/15 : People are fucking awesome. I really hope we get over target, cos the train ticket is actually £125, and this is without any money to buy us a round. So much love for those who've contributed.

FOR THE RECORD:

Dan had no idea I was going to make this thread, he's had no input other than I asked him if he'd consider Destiny pvp training (today, not when I made the thread) as a reward thing, even that he's unsure about, this is not a conspiracy.

We've got an great meet up coming on the 19th September and I'd really like Dan to be there. I know he wants to be there and isn't really in position to pay to do so, so if we can kick in a couple of quid each maybe we can make the meet up even better!

If anyone wants to help, use this link.

http://www.gofundme.com/2j6xqez8c

P.S I have no idea what I'm doing with the site but apparently the money would go to my account and I can take care of it from there.

Update:

-   £31 hit my account, it's working so your money is safe.

Rewards added:

- 250ml bottle of BBQ sauce made by me.
    - I'll create you a recipe based around your favourite ingredients
     - Contribution to a registered charity of your choice to the value of your donation here (need final confirmation I can do this via me and my mrs charity account on this but should be fine)
    - PURELY IF YOU WANT IT, NOT BRIBERY: Dan is redork good at Destiny pvp, if you're on PS4 and want tips/coaching/lighthouse, he's said he'll help.

Attendee list:

Coming to Nick's for about 12pm -1.30pm:

DJR
    n0face
    Space Gazelle
    Goobs
    Tempy
    Cosby
    Yoss
    Bollokov
    Traniee1985

Drinks later:

DJR
    n0face
    Space Gazelle
    Goobs
    Reg
    Cosby
    Yoss
    Chalice
    Bollokov
    Ace (maybe)
    Chal (maybe)
    Swirl (maybe)
    Elf (maybe)
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Makes a change from people paying him to stay away I s'pose.
  • Haha, I just saw this pop up on Facebook.

Nice. :)
  • ....................../´¯/)
    ....................,/¯../
    .................../..../
    ............./´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
    ........../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
    ........('(...´...´.... ¯~/'...')
    .........\.................'...../
    ..........''...\.......... _.·´
    ............\..............(
    ..............\.............\...
  • I'll pay for him to get tae fuck.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • @mk64

You've always been a top bloke mate and one of the most generous people I've met, thanks so much for the contribution and see you on the 19th, right? x
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    London is fuck
  • First Yoss, now DJR, it's clear that "certain people" are in fact.... THE DESTINY ILLUMINATI
  • No but srs i hope this works out for him
  • Reg, you seemed happy for me to take you around.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    (I might be trying to come Nick shhhh you'll spoil it)
  • well I met you I didn't really take you anywhere ; )
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Looking into it now
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    You took me to the 40th floor of a building and I had a mad hangover and don't do heights well but thank god for that bone marrow Cosmo
  • I'll have a look at DJR when I've sorted myself out, and possibly Tempy if he's coming.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is looking doable wot with cheap flights from Edinburgh
  • @mk64 You've always been a top bloke mate and one of the most generous people I've met, thanks so much for the contribution and see you on the 19th, right? x

unfortunately I can't make it, i'm going on camp with my charity on the 15th-22nd. Please ensure Dan eats well! You're the only one I can trust!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I'll donate a quid as/when he finally buys The Golf Club so I can smash the fucker.
  • @mk Ah man, means a lot that you did that and can't even make it. Call me soon. x
  • regmcfly wrote:

Suh-weet. if you can kick a quid or two to this as well I'd massively appreciate it.
    I'll have a look at DJR when I've sorted myself out, and possibly Tempy if he's coming.

Course man, I know it's a lay out for you as it is.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    First Yoss, now DJR, it's clear that "certain people" are in fact.... THE DESTINY ILLUMINATI
    Light level 34, don'chaknow.
  • God damn it I will bring down this shadowy cabal before the decade is out. Your cult cannot be allowed to commune with the Visitor on the last day. It will commence the opening ritual of the Yearning Doors, and all will be for naught.
  • regmcfly wrote:

Sweet. It's only £40 return from Glasgow to Stanstead as well. EPICSTOCK!
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Wait, we're deporting Dan?
  • Site doesn't allow PayPal payments?! Ballsacks.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Hey Som. I've just been digging around in the site, Stripe, that handles it. We've got 31 quid pending into my account of the 35 generously contributed so far. It's my first time using the site but a little research tells me we'll be ok. I'll say now I'm liable for anything that goes wrong for anyone. Cheers for wanting to do it man.
  • I think I'll fly down seeing as it's so cheap. Tempy, do you need a bed booking?
  • Update!  £35 of £100 donated.

Massive thanks to those who have. Also cheers to @isanbard who said he might be able to drop a couple of strange coins on this.

I also wanted to say: at times, these type of threads will naturally irk people. If that's you reading this, I apologise. All I can say is I've never done anything like this and I'm trying to make a fucking awesome day fro everyone, which would be that much cooler if we could have Dan down for.

I don't want people to think I'm asking for money for nothing, so I've decided to add the following for anyone that puts in a fiver or more (this counts for those who already have).

- 250ml bottle of BBQ sauce made by me.

- I'll create you a recipe based around your favourite ingredients

- Contribution to a registered charity of your choice to the value of your donation here (need final confirmation I can do this via me and my mrs charity account on this but should be fine)

- PURELY IF YOU WANT IT, NOT BRIBERY: Dan is redork good at Destiny pvp, if you're on PS4 and want tips/coaching/lighthouse, he's said he'll help.
  • If you don't make the target are you gonna make him travel as far down as the money allows? Maybe he can hitchhike the rest?
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
‹ Previous123456733

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!