The B&B Writers Thread
  • Cheers Tempy and Goobs. Yeah I'll post in there when it's up. At the moment we're still not 100% if we'll get shown on BBC2 as well as 3. But it will defo be up on the iplayer.
  • Awesome mate, congratulations. Between Yoss, you and g.man (and probably others, I forget) we're staging a meedja takeover.
  • That is amazing news! Good stuff.
  • That is fucking cool! Congrats, Scout.
  • 10% jealous as fuck, 90% in awe. Top work Scout. Really look forward to seeing what it's like.
  • Thanks everyone! Tiger, we'll be shooting somewhere in Scotland probably around July. Extras will most definitely be needed :)
  • I want to be the star, Scout.
  • I'll run it past the director and get back to you...
  • I'm up for extra work.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Wow, congratulations Scout, I'm slightly in awe.
  • Thanks dude. Please don't be in awe until you see it first ha!

Will defo shout out for extras if I'm allowed further down the line. There's a crowd scene and I know the budget won't cover proper paid agency extras.
  • Scout wrote:
    I'll run it past the director and get back to you...
    I'm going to be famous!

Thanks. x
  • Oh, Mark Lawrence is doing a flash fiction competition to win an ARC of The Wheel of Osheim.

300 word story. Must contain the words 'Life' and 'Death'.

LInK
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Any of you lot tried https://twinery.org/?

Also - amazing news on the sitcom, thigh I realise I'm a bit late to the party!
  • Banged on about twine years ago, it's good.
  • Well done scout. Looking forward to it.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Amazing news Scout. Congratulations!
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I vaguely remember the name Twine but nothing about it. Just tried a story but it didn't seem to work on my Chromebook. Either that or it's only 5 words long.

On another note. I done a story please read it and tell me how to make it better kthanks. xxx

Dancers
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    I'm not sure what's going on with that link, but my browser doesn't like it.
  • On another note. I done a story please read it and tell me how to make it better kthanks. xxx Dancers

Works for me, thought it was excellent, and rather beautiful.  My only real note would be that I didn't quite buy the "my people will come for me" bit at the end.  Whilst I found the continued dance touching, that specific bit seemed a hope too far...
  • Meanwhile all this talk of Twine has led me to go and have a look at it.  In an attempt to figure out how it works, I adapted the Choose Your Own Adventure story that I gave Funkstain for Christmas into a Twine adventure.  (With his permission.)  It's a fairly hastily put together adaptation, of what was, if I'm honest, an already fairly hastily written piece, but still...

If anyone fancies a decidedly silly tale that (potentially) features witches, zombies, aliens and psychotic children, here's The Quest for the Milk.
  • I have to write some kind of game about The Tempest in it for an extra-curricular thing that my lecturer has put me in for. Sadly it clashes with a metric load of BS and other stuff I have to do, but if I ever finish it i'll let you know.

I'd recommend checking out Porpentine's work if you want to see what it can do.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Blimey, well done Scout.
  • Give use the elevator pitch.
  • I'm actually not sure at the moment...

The commissioned script is about three young guys in Bonnybridge in Scotland. If you haven't heard of Bonnybridge it's a real place and considered the UFO capital of the UK. So it's about three daft losers still living at home in a town slightly on the fringes of sanity. 

Thing is, during the long development period which culminated in a performed read in front of the commissioners, the UFO thing began to give them cold feet. So I was re-commissoned to re-write the script and take out all the sci-fi elements. 

After another long wait they finally green lit the pilot, though now they're not sure if they want us to make the sci-fi or non sci-fi version! I'm hoping they go for sci-fi as it gives the show a much stronger identity.
  • So they're UFO spotters? Are they wondering about taking everything UFO related out or just actual scifi bits?

It's strange for me thinking about pilots. I've only done a few outlines but they're all movie-type stories, so thinking about a pilot for me is like trying to come up with a first 20 pages for a second act that might last a decade.
  • The re-write had me removing absolutely everything UFO and sci-fi related. The characters were never UFO spotters of anything like that. Basically the town is hanging on to this 'UFO capital of the UK' thing but none of the locals really give a shit.

The plot of the sci-fi version concerns the main character's first love returning to the town with her fiance so it pretty much stays the same in the non sci-fi version. Same characters, same plot, just minus some fantastical flavour.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!