Holidays
  • Due to go on first family 'sunny' holiday on Monday...youngest child has been sent home from school sick, shit has hit the fan at work, and it's currently hotter here than where we're going!

Sounds like a family holiday to me.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    Where's tiger coz it's like a month till I'm in south Korea and I need to know where the best bibimbap is

So close to me, relatively speaking, and yet so far.

It's alright you're moving to Edinburgh right
  • regmcfly wrote:
    regmcfly wrote:
    Where's tiger coz it's like a month till I'm in south Korea and I need to know where the best bibimbap is

So close to me, relatively speaking, and yet so far.

It's alright you're moving to Edinburgh right

Missus has another option to go to another very good uni in China, so maybe not. I'll still push for Edinburgh though, but it's less likely than it was a couple of weeks ago. :(
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Due to go on first family 'sunny' holiday on Monday...youngest child has been sent home from school sick, shit has hit the fan at work, and it's currently hotter here than where we're going!

Are you at the Holiday Village? Just did a two week stint in the Benalmadena one, we loved it and we're eyeing the Ibiza one next.
  • Due to go on first family 'sunny' holiday on Monday...youngest child has been sent home from school sick, shit has hit the fan at work, and it's currently hotter here than where we're going!
    Are you at the Holiday Village? Just did a two week stint in the Benalmadena one, we loved it and we're eyeing the Ibiza one next.
    We were in Hotel Club Aura, Port des Torrent.  If the holiday village is the 'seaview' hotel then it was literally next door and shares the aquapark.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
    We were in Hotel Club Aura, Port des Torrent.  If the holiday village is the 'seaview' hotel then it was literally next door and shares the aquapark.

I went to the Ibiza HV in Port des Torrent two years ago and it was pretty good. The pool was pretty poor (too small) but it's right next to the sea and there's loads on for the kids.

Edit: actually it was last year and the pool was great. Fuck me, I think I'm losing it.
    Gamertag: gremill
  • I'd happily recommend the location, and the hotel we were in was fine.  We had a great hol. Obviously can't vouch for if the seaview is better/worse, but it looked fine from the outside.  And having the aquapark on site was cool, you could literally pop in, hit the slides, then walk through the gate back to the hotel pool (via the snack bar for a burger and a beer)...I'm assuming the arrangement from the seaview is similar, with a gate somewhere in the complex straight into the aquapark.
  • Saturday, Reg. Saturday.
  • I'd happily recommend the location, and the hotel we were in was fine.  We had a great hol. Obviously can't vouch for if the seaview is better/worse, but it looked fine from the outside.  And having the aquapark on site was cool, you could literally pop in, hit the slides, then walk through the gate back to the hotel pool (via the snack bar for a burger and a beer)...I'm assuming the arrangement from the seaview is similar, with a gate somewhere in the complex straight into the aquapark.

Yeah, exactly the same. Great apartments too, for families at least. It's exactly what it's supposed to be and as long as you don't expect high culture then you won't be disappointed. Not sure I could stand 2 weeks of it though, I always find myself getting a bit bored of those all inclusive places after a week.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I hate all inclusive to be honest, much rather be out and about, but it makes sense with the little man. The kid's club and pools were great, made up for some of the crap food/shit tables/meal times being dictated to you/jostling for the last bit of steak/cheap and nasty booze etc. We did get out a few times and had some lovely seafood and tapas, and a surprisingly great curry in the harbour.

We're nailed on for the Ibiza holiday village next year after that.
  • did the holiday village have the two 'restaurant' nights included? we had an evening meal in the 'japanese' restaurant and one in the tapas one, they were included as part of the all inc, just had to book in advance.  they were tops.  buffet was generally fine but about what you'd expect.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    We had a crap burger place which served the same burgers as you got during the day with some of the Mexican stuff from the buffet and a decent Italian restaurant. The best meals we had were all off site, except for the belly pork they did which was surprisingly great.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    That's it, I've decided to go to Cuba this summer.
  • did the holiday village have the two 'restaurant' nights included? we had an evening meal in the 'japanese' restaurant and one in the tapas one, they were included as part of the all inc, just had to book in advance.  they were tops.  buffet was generally fine but about what you'd expect.

Yeah.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Buzzing to see tiger deliver the goods on Saturday....
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fucked it
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Worth it for the clicks
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    *F5s into oblivion waiting for fabled tiger post *
  • I get Saturday and Sunday confused sometimes.

TODAY.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I wonder how tiger is getting on with this post
  • He is waiting to hear from the publishers.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Internet is down. Mayday!
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    1st July
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    If you're near the Louis Vuitton building in Seoul , go check out the main entrance. There should be a massive interactive wall with a plane flying through the clouds and passing some international buildings. You should be able to control the plane.

I worked on that but haven't seen it. Don't even see the promo videos we made on their Instagram /YouTube, but it should have gone live last week.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Nina already rocking it harder than tiger
  • Right.

Ddeokkbokki Town

First of all, get your arse to I <3 Sindangdong. That's the name of the restaurant and it's just so banging. Personal recommendation goes to cheese filled ddeok. It was 7 restaurants that formed into a factory of awesome. Here's a link to an old blog that tells you more and how to get there. It is crucial that you go here. - http://kimchikay.blogspot.co.uk/2011/09/

cuseok+2011+016.JPG

Korean BBQ

Ok, I don't have a particular place to recommend for this. There are plenty all over but the local ones I went to (BECAUSE I DID LIVE IN KOREA) would be right out of town. You basically need to find one which has...

o.jpg

The section on the outside where they can pour egg into. They'll drop a load of kimchi in, pour over the egg, and it'll all cook up together. Absolutely gorgeous. Whichever barbecue places you go to make sure you have galbi, samgypsal, kalmaeggi-sal. Crackin'. It will be unacceptable if you leave a bbq restaurant without having drank at least 1 bottle of soju each.

Oh. Yes. Soju... it's horrible really but you have to drink shots of it at the table while eating. Don't have somaek (um, half soju half beer) because you will die like I did during the World Cup in 2010.

Oh. Apparently there's a racoon cafe nowadays. Go have a cup of tea with some racoons. Wowzers Trousers!
  • After that, get yourself up Inwangsan. White Tiger Mountain. Pick up some makgeolli and go hiking up it. You will be beaten to the summit by a multitude of old Koreans but if you're lucky they'll give you a slap on the back and insist you take some of their food. Follow the winding route to the top (it's fairly hard going) for sunset and you'll have a treat.

Um. If you can get down again.

Seriously. My favourite place in Seoul.

594091503_9dbf728d40.jpg

06%20Seonbawi%20Zen%20rock.jpg

33721_578924425889_2482271_n.jpg?oh=3e6f6d25f1e83a4c31955d7d87b581f9&oe=59DE03A5

You'll almost certainly hear shamans chanting when you're up there too. Awesome.
  • DAKGALBI. Spicy chicken and noodles. Again, no particular place to recommend and but it wouldn't be a wasted meal if you spotted somewhere.

p1140327-1.jpg

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!