PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    And enjoy your trips all.

Page turn.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Anyone been to Sorrento / Naples bay area? Fancy Italy for holiday but fuck me, you look at a map and want to go everywhere, could spend 8 weeks doing it.

Yes, but it was rather a long time ago.  Apparently it's full of English football wankers these days.
  • That place looks lovely Coopers. Hoping to get a trip to Ireland sorted this year or early next.
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Anyone been to Sorrento / Naples bay area? Fancy Italy for holiday but fuck me, you look at a map and want to go everywhere, could spend 8 weeks doing it.
    Yes, but it was rather a long time ago.  Apparently it's full of English football wankers these days.

Hmm.

Really? The pics in the brochures look very twee/non Costa del sol. Will investigate. To the TripAdvisor!
  • It's purely anecdotal, so pay me no heed.
  • Mod74 wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Mod74 wrote:
    Hmm. Really? The pics in the brochures look very twee/non Costa del sol. Will investigate. To the TripAdvisor!

i went a few years ago, stayed in sorrento, was absolutely gorgeous, all we did was walk around sorrento all day every day drinking coffee and peroni unless we were on a jaunt to somewhere cool

somewheres cool count as pompei (which is probably more amazing than you can imagine), capri, which is again, beautiful, and the trip round to positano (google image search for a treat) and amalfi further on

ive heard of it being football wankery but it was perfectly fine when we went, more a place for italians to holiday and the odd awkward english couple, only had one night of wankery and it wasnt so bad, just a wedding party getting unruly but nothing you dont see ten times over any fri/sat night in an english town

probably my fave place ive ever been on holiday
  • oh yeah and should you wish to enjoy a drink on your balcony, good wine can be had for little more than a euro (vesuvius has made the regions soil manna for grape vines) along with a whole wagon of more regional alcoholic pleasures, like noci (i think its called that, its made from fermented walnuts), limoncello and id wager you could get some fine amaretto for not much too
  • Nick wrote:
    That place looks lovely Coopers. Hoping to get a trip to Ireland sorted this year or early next.
    Heading here: www.brooklodge.com

If you're coming over, I can recommend visiting Galway and West Cork, if possible. Depends how long you're over for. And if you're in Dublin, give us a heads-up and I'll meet you for a pint. I'm sure Bugul/Chet would be around too.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Airport pints YAS
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Abbot Ale pint for me and some cider pish for mrs reg
  • Currently on holiday in Russia. On route to my wives country house about 400km from Moscow. Just saw a sign post which had Riga 726km on it!! Weather has been great since I arrived on Friday night. Apparently this place is fucking remote with bears and scary drunk locals. Will take some pics and post when I'm back where the net connection doesn't require winding up by hand!
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • @Reg
    Ooh, haven't had that. Looks nice.

@MK
    I'm curious as to what a Russian country house looks like – especially if it's an old one! Enjoy the trip.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    mk64 wrote:
    Currently on holiday in Russia. On route to my wives country house about 400km from Moscow. Just saw a sign post which had Riga 726km on it!! Weather has been great since I arrived on Friday night. Apparently this place is fucking remote with bears and scary drunk locals. Will take some pics and post when I'm back where the net connection doesn't require winding up by hand!

Sounds awesome and an adventure! Have fun, eat bears.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    About to board. See you on the flip side, bros
  • Anyone got any suggestions for late deal-type websites?  I need to book a holiday for early August.
  • Nick wrote:
    That place looks lovely Coopers. Hoping to get a trip to Ireland sorted this year or early next.
    Heading here: www.brooklodge.com

If you're coming over, I can recommend visiting Galway and West Cork, if possible. Depends how long you're over for. And if you're in Dublin, give us a heads-up and I'll meet you for a pint. I'm sure Bugul/Chet would be around too.

Nice, that would be great. I'm probably going to start in Cork to see my good friend Speedhaak, but definitely want the Dublin action too. I have plenty of family I haven't been in touch with there for a long time, but I think I'd rather get on the beers with you lot.
  • Flights or packages?
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Anyone got any suggestions for late deal-type websites?  I need to book a holiday for early August.

http://www.holidayhypermarket.co.uk/ perhaps.

Also, cheers Lazy.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Anyone got any suggestions for late deal-type websites?  I need to book a holiday for early August.

Come to sunny Madrid! As a bonus, I mightn't even be here.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    By the by, anyone have any food recommendations for Germany?
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Sausages.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Yes I must try some Schlong.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Fried lederhosen.
  • Kow wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:

OK, I will come to Madrid and use your house for free while you are away.  THANKS KOW.
  • Also, thanks Mod, I'll look at whatever that is when I get home.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm in Greece! IT HOT
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Unlikely wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    OK, I will come to Madrid and use your house for free while you are away.  THANKS KOW.

I may actually be here at the beginning of August, in which case you would be welcome, as long as you don't break my furniture.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:
    I'm in Greece! IT HOT

Have you been robbed or raped yet?
  • Kow wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    Kow wrote:
    Unlikely wrote:
    I may actually be here at the beginning of August, in which case you would be welcome, as long as you don't break my furniture.

Oops, too late.  Paris now booked.  If the offer's open at a later date that would be very tempting though.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!