Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I guess clod can't really be in SP, or the whole "will it change if I'm online vs. offline" stuff would be a bit of a ballache.  E.g. orbs you can only get by shooting a building work - not very fair if you're cloudless, but obviously OK in MP when you're inherently online.
  • What I want to see is someone jumping the agency 4x4 off the roof of a building and plowing straight through an adjacent building.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    What I want to see is someone jumping the agency 4x4 off the roof of a building and plowing straight through an adjacent building.

...where another agent catches the car and chucks it back out of the hole and into another building.

The potential for multiplayer tomfoolery is massive.

• Until they switch the server support off after five years :(
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Oh sorry, I forgot to mention, in the live demo, the guy actually says that when they talk about using 5 X1's worth of server power, he's only actually talking about the physics grunt of an X1, not the whole console. 

I wonder how much more physics processing grunt a top end PC has compared to an X1? Could it be possible that soon (on PC at least) this sort of stuff might be doable locally?
  • This is from a couple of years ago (single GTX 680):

Not sure if it's been rolled into Flex, but check that out for their current top-range mass physics number crunching.

Nowhere near as impressive as leveling city blocks though ;-)
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Until they switch the server support off after five years :(

We'll always have the memories and YouTube vids though.
  • Five years would be bearable, it's the 18 month ones that are the problem.

There was a wee bit in the local paper about this today, developers are in Bash Street.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Was Plug involved?
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Think this is going to tank majorly. Thank God for Saints Row IV (which I am playing at the moment).
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I didn't see that coming, although it sounds like it probably could have done with some visual improvements.

Fingers crossed that they've already nailed the gameplay.
  • Oof, that sucks. But then again that gameplay trailer they showed didn't light my world on fire.

Can't help but think that double jumps and air dashes undermines the original platforming system and how you had to commit yourself to the leap.
  • What are the chances of the cloud destruction being removed too? Has or even been mentioned recently?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Fucking told you guys this shit wasn't coming.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message

“Not only are there several new Xbox exclusives such as Forza Motorsport 7, Cuphead, Super Lucky’s Tale, and the console launch exclusive PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, there is an incredible list of titles coming this holiday including Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Call of Duty: WWII, Star Wars Battlefront II, Destiny 2, and more — with many of these titles enhanced to play better on Xbox One X. With so many great exclusives and new games to play, Crackdown 3 would have shipped into an incredibly crowded market.

Cant wait to see how cuphead and lucky will benefit from the extra power of the X. That's their fucking lead off.
  • regmcfly wrote:

“Not only are there several new Xbox exclusives such as Forza Motorsport 7, Cuphead, Super Lucky’s Tale, and the console launch exclusive PlayerUnknown's Battlegrounds, there is an incredible list of titles coming this holiday including Middle-earth: Shadow of War, Assassin’s Creed Origins, Call of Duty: WWII, Star Wars Battlefront II, Destiny 2, and more — with many of these titles enhanced to play better on Xbox One X. With so many great exclusives and new games to play, Crackdown 3 would have shipped into an incredibly crowded market.

Cant wait to see how cuphead and lucky will benefit from the extra power of the X. That's their fucking lead off.

I know I like to troll a fair amount but, all jokes aside, I have little taste for Console Warz and such juvenile shit.

That said, what the fuck are Microsoft doing right now?
  • What are the chances of the cloud destruction being removed too? Has or even been mentioned recently?

I may be wrong but I seem to remember the destruction thing being limited to multiplayer. I could be wrong, but I think it was only in MP or SP, one or the other.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    regmcfly wrote:

I know I like to troll a fair amount but, all jokes aside, I have little taste for Console Warz and such juvenile shit.

That said, what the fuck are Microsoft doing right now?

The real problem is that their boxed 2017 released big exclusive games boil down to FORZA, Halo Wars 2, and if we are being generous with "big", Sea of Thieves, but they didn't even mention that. Now Crackdown is gone it's tricky to come up with USP points for the X apart from more power. But that bottom list of games are all available elsewhere too. They need a banging 2018, doing a Nintendo with a banger a month.
  • I've full confidence this will steam like a freshly laid turd.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    They didn't mention Sea of Thieves because it's coming out next year.
    What are the chances of the cloud destruction being removed too? Has or even been mentioned recently?

I may be wrong but I seem to remember the destruction thing being limited to multiplayer. I could be wrong, but I think it was only in MP or SP, one or the other.
    The destruction was only ever going to be in MP and they haven't shown the MP in years.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Sea of Thieves is 2018? Christ.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    It's not like there's nothing to play. Maybe there aren't a sea of exclusives but the PS4 Pro didn't exactly launch with a stellar lineup.

Glad they made the decision to delay it to try and improve it. I just get the impression that the end product will still be underwhelming though. This Terry Crews (who?) stuff is just plain embarrassing.

Does anyone know if Dave Jones is still even part of the development team?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    None of these games are USPs for the X as they're all available on the Bone/PC. The X is all about the power, which doesn't really float my boat.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    I didn't see that coming

Like, really?
  • This year's 'holiday season' seems to be even more about the multi-platform megafranchises than usual. Not seeing much interesting for PS4 either after this month. It's just that PS4 has had a pretty amazing first half of the year and I'm still catching up with that.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    I didn't see that coming

Like, really?

They put out a statement just before E3 saying it was still coming out this year, I thought they'd have an idea of how finished this was.
  • And you actually believed it?
  • I'm not too surprised. There were stories of MS flying in guys to help finish the first game, they then twiddled their thumbs instead of committing to a sequel and eventually rushed out what looks like good DLC as a sequel. Meanwhile the original devs are making APB.

Relying on this as a AAA holiday blockbuster seemed bold.
  • It's hard to harness the power of the cloud..
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!