Life is Strange / Life is Amaze
  • Back on sale on Bone for £7.99 in Countdown sale. This time I ain't hanging around. Gonna play the full season this weekend.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    Heh me too
    Spoiler:

But
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Back on sale on Bone for £7.99 in Countdown sale. This time I ain't hanging around. Gonna play the full season this weekend.

I've just picked it up, let's see what all the fuss is about.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Also grabbed for 8 quid. Will play after bayonetta 2 and however much mgs 5 i can stand :)
  • Just finished episode 1, good stuff so far.
  • I didn't know this game had so much about photography. GotY contender just for that.
  • I did episode 1 today, excellent stuff. Really have to applaud that this kind of game gets made and that Square published it, given their previous comments over Tomb Raider's sales.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • Played through all of this over the last week. Put some thoughts into the Just Completed thread.

I kind of wish I enjoyed it as much as Tiger did but unfortunately not all of it sat as well for me and it detracted from the best element of the game and I'm sure you all know what that is.
  • Wait, at end of episode 2, you can actually
    Spoiler:

Missed a photo too early on
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Moron
  • Cunt
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Spoiler:
  • hylian_elf wrote:
    Wait, at end of episode 2, you can actually
    Spoiler:

In retrospect the whole thing is a bit odd
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    hylian_elf wrote:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

I think that's a way of reading it, but the intended reading is that
    Spoiler:
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
    I think that's a way of reading it, but the intended reading is that
    Spoiler:
    I was being slightly mean about it
    Spoiler:
  • I just finished this - overall I thought it was really good --
    Spoiler:
  • I'm on episode 4 and just lost interest a bit. Maybe it was too hyped by the likes of Tiger.
  • Started episode 3 last night, really enjoying it for what it is. That collecting the bottles bit was excruciating.
  • Urgh, those bottles!

I think my main gripe, looking back on it now was...
    Spoiler:
  • weadre wrote:
    Urgh, those bottles!

I think my main gripe, looking back on it now was...
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    As much as I liked the characters, my decisions were still very much "meh lets see what happens".
  • Ha, yeah I think all bar the very late game ones were the same for me. Especially any that revolved around side characters.
  • Leaving the final episode and the bottle collecting to one side, LiS had a decent script, great use of music and actually made you care about the characters. It also did a pretty decent job of capturing the angst, concerns, interests and daily mundanity of YA life.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yep. Looking back in think it may deserve a spot in my top 5 goty after all.
  • Finished this today. Was very good, showed lots of nice ideas and was aesthetically really good. Didn't achieve anything mind blowing, but is definitely a recommendation.

Ep5:
    I felt it was a really fitting end to the series, though a bit of fatty could obviously do with trimming.
    Spoiler:

Is the spoiler thread worth a visit?
  • I don't know when I bought this on Steam but I noticed it tonight and I'm enjoying it an awful lot.
  • So, apparently they're doing a second series. Should be interesting, I wonder which ending they'll go with. Also, developer interview podcast thing.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2016-01-28-watch-dontnod-chat-to-us-about-the-reaction-to-life-is-strange
  • I'd like another similarly stylised game.

I don't want a direct sequel.
  • I have similar opinions - it's not a story that needs any continuation and will probably be lessened by it, if I'm honest - but I'll still be really excited for a direct sequel and definitely buy it.
  • Finished this earlier this week, I really enjoyed it...even the bloated final act. 

I've just watched the alternate ending and I definitely chose the lame one of the two.

I would certainly welcome a sequel. I kinda hope they focus on someone entirely different though, give the powers to someone else and have a whole new story rather than a continuation.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!