Life is Strange / Life is Amaze
  • A bit of a random observation:

We've recently been watching Scream (the Netflix TV series) -- It has a very similar 'feel' to this game (high school setting / everyone's a suspect / similar soundtrack)

If you liked the game I'd recommend giving it a go.
  • Which reminds me, I need to rewatch Donny Darko.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Just read this. Great news.
  • Won't be bothering with emo simulator 2.
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    Tsk.

This is some good news, still need to go after that Life is Strange soundtrack.
  • Those that liked this should probably watch 13 Reasons Why on Netflix. Has a very similar feel to it. You'll see it right from the opening title sequence.
  • Aye Shabs, I thought the same.  Loved both.  A sequel is hella good news.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Am watching that at the mo.

What do expletives want - direct sequel? Similar shizzle but isolated story?
  • No direct sequel for me please. New story and characters but with overlapping themes.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I'll be all over this. Played through thinking I'd hate it (bought cheap in a sale and couldn't pass at the price) and ended up blasting through over a few days as it was so well done.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:

There's alotta questions still regarding Rachel Amber which I never got satisfied.

• Bollockoff wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

There's alotta questions still regarding Rachel Amber which I never got satisfied.

People like you are the reason we get alien prequels. Grrrrr.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    We keep angry reviewers in a job.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    Nina wrote:
    Tsk.

This is some good news, still need to go after that Life is Strange soundtrack.

There's a playlist of it on Apple Music you can download. Would assume it should be on other muso services too.

• Hey guys did you ever wonder how Morpheus got those glasses because Bollo did.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    £9 Tesco.
  • Rachel Amber prequel would work actually.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • You too, Webbo? FFS.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I'll be all over this. Played through thinking I'd hate it (bought cheap in a sale and couldn't pass at the price) and ended up blasting through over a few days as it was so well done.

Apart from the ending, which was so bad it made me wish I'd never started the game in the first place. I also found blue haired lady incredibly irritating.
  • Ah but which ending?
  • IIRC you had to make a decision between one of two endings. The fact that it came down to this is my main issue. Both endings were unsatisfactory.
  • Not sure I want another one. Would rather a new thing from the theme. I'm mean it's reasonable for them to do the thing that's made them money but I'm not sure a second emotional hit is possible when there is expectation. It's a similar feeling/reason for not giving walking dead season 2 a go.
  • Skondo wrote:
    IIRC you had to make a decision between one of two endings. The fact that it came down to this is my main issue. Both endings were unsatisfactory.

You missed the entire story and all the micro choices made?!

People who chat about endings and their link to choices are some of the worst pseuds in videogames commentary.
  • I love Life is Strange so much. I think I might give it another play through soon.

Sequel? Hmm. Love the OG characters but I can't see that working, particularly given the PROPER ENDING. Similar themes, more teens, new story. Yum.

The correct ending was...
    Spoiler:
  • IIRC you had to make a decision between one of two endings. The fact that it came down to this is my main issue. Both endings were unsatisfactory.
    You missed the entire story and all the micro choices made?! People who chat about endings and their link to choices are some of the worst pseuds in videogames commentary.

You mean all those micro choices of no consequence whatsoever?

Very kind of you to resort to insults too. Speaks volumes.
  • It's a general bugbear to be honest rather than personal. It stems from all the way back to deus ex and later the bollocks around mass effect 3 but affects the majority of games with this kind of mechanic.

The choice-consequence thing is actually a number of things bundled together. the first is that really to give a toss about the aggregation of small choices turning into some massive snowball at the end is just setting up for a fail and often misses what is actually important in the game. I mean I think in a moment a game can give you a choice and the fact you swing one way or the other is actually an interesting thing in and of itself - particularly in the context of role play. The fact it doesn't go into some massive mathematical matrix to determine what exact mood a character is in and what specific type of disaster is going to befall everyone is kind of missing the point of having a choice about whether you ignore a phone call because you are pissed off enough orc not. In the end there is never ever ever going to be a choice that doesn't lead to a predetermined outcome so the choice, if the expectation is that it has some end meaning, is just a set up for disappointment.

Secondly choices shouldn't have any real connections to an outcome anyway. Nobody has a real control of anything and even choices that feel like they have an inevitable outcome don't really do that with the reliability one expects.

So yeah when people complain about choices in games a lot because they are expecting something that doesn't really make sense and then absolutely bury what is good that kind of irritates me.
  • I can see it's a general comment, but it seemed to be aimed. Anyway, I understand your point. You mention Mass Effect 3, which I can't comment on as I never completed it, but if you look at Mass Effect your choices did have consequences. It may have been a slightly crude mechanic, but if you made renegade choices throughout the game then you couldn't suddenly decide on paragon actions later on. Your earlier decisions directly affected the future of the game. This is exactly what didn't happen in Life Is Strange, your choices during the game didn't affect the overall outcome in any way and I didn't think either ending was particularly satisfying, I found them very disappointing. It also doesn't help that I didn't fall in love with the characters as many people have, so perhaps I'm being a little harsh.

Anyway, time for a hug.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!