Mad Max
  • I got it for £35 as part of the Tesco pre-order shenanigans a while back. If you can get it for anything like that, it's worth it.
  • Kotaku hate it.
    The Forum Herald™
  • £12 at cdkeys for PC
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    You can lend my Mordor if you want Moot, I won't be playing it for a while

EDIT: new page, didn't see it lol
  • Bob wrote:
    Kotaku hate it.
    I read that review.  Seemed very harsh.  The Polygon review also read harshly, they gave it a 5, I don't know if that's like an Edge [5] or an everyone else 5.
  • Wow that looks stunning, does this have a camera mode or something?
  • You can lend my Mordor if you want Moot, I won't be playing it for a while EDIT: new page, didn't see it lol

Can I take you up on that after Cristmas mate?  Got a busy-ish gaming schedule.  No worries if you get rid in the mean time.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Wow that looks stunning, does this have a camera mode or something?
    It's made by a team that built video capture and and auto export to YouTube in a PS3 game.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You can lend my Mordor if you want Moot, I won't be playing it for a while EDIT: new page, didn't see it lol
    Can I take you up on that after Cristmas mate?  Got a busy-ish gaming schedule.  No worries if you get rid in the mean time.

Sure man, I'll be keeping it as its not worth too much in trade in these days.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    Wow that looks stunning, does this have a camera mode or something?
    Yup.  You can also bring use your own exposure/filter etc settings into the game, to capture video, HUD-free, if that's your thing.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    This looks like fun.  That 7 things video sold me on it.  Will definitely pick it up sometime next year for cheap.
    Get schwifty.
  • Moot_Geeza wrote:
    You can lend my Mordor if you want Moot, I won't be playing it for a while EDIT: new page, didn't see it lol
    Sure man, I'll be keeping it as its not worth too much in trade in these days.

Ta.  Trying to watch the third Hobbit film the other day did nothing to rekindle Middle Earth fever.  They got wellshit.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is Def a dead period 2016 game. Looks good enough for what I want out of an open world. Similar to Murder?
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Or mordor
  • No.  There's nothing like the nemesis system in Mordor.  Stealing a vehicle belonging to a certain gang makes you mostly undetectable to that gang, but it's not like killing off one gang affects your relationship with others.  It's a fairly simple system of clearing areas to make them safer to gad about in.

The closest you get to anything like that is that, in certain areas of the bases, there's a 'war crier' who, when his bar fills, buffs the enemies in that wee arena.  I'm yet to be able to dispose of one before the grunts set about me, but it is apparently possible, and obviously makes the remaining fight easier.
  • Picked this up yesterday and managed to get a good few hours on it. And really loved it. The game looks nice, the car and combat is fun and the upgrade options are many. The map seems to be huge but the stuff to do in ot has been really fin so far. In particular, the base camps are great fun.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Picked up that cheap pc offer for this from the bargains thread. Looks like dumb fun.
  • It's starting to open up for me now. I've got a story mission I've been ignoring for a bit in favour of finding the various parts I need for the 'projects' for my base.  I'm aiming to build a maggot farm just now, then I'll probably go for the munitions desk.  I've already assembled a scrap team, who collect scrap while I've got the game switched off.  It's got that open old game thing, though, of distractions all over the shop.  I've set off to find my maggot farm bits a few times, decided to pursue a couple of vehicles, then there's a sniper post to take out, which leads to a base to tackle, and that scavenging site I was aiming for is now some distance away.  The vehicle upgrades and Max upgrades are fairly opening up, too, with plenty of choice for what to aim for next.

I can see me playing a lot of this for the foreseeable.
  • Wife got me this as a surprise, I'm pretty fussy about games and this wasn't on my radar. Suffice to say after a couple of hours gameplay I'm enjoying it. It looks good and seems pretty well paced. Hope to explore more of the world and learn how to f##k people up a bit more...as if pulling the driver out of a moving vehicle with a harpoon isn't enough!
  • regmcfly wrote:
    Or mordor

I was a big fan of Mordor, so far I'd say it has similar qualities.
  • Oh that harpoon is amazing! Very well implemented and so satisfying.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • I just wanna play this all day!

On paper it is the Ubisoft/ass crud model. The difference is when you get to the map dot it is always something slightly different. There aren't generic buildings, generic parts maybe but not wholes.

The more I upgrade the car the more satisfying it is. Early on I was ignoring enemy cars on the road as the rewards weren't worth the effort, as I go on the rewards are still poor but it gets more and more fun to challenge them. The driving is the best of GTA, Just Cause and BurnOut Takedown.

Fighting is Batman. Adkm is spot on that you aren't mister invincible though. It is brutal street fighting. The "Fury" mode that is built up via fighting is reminiscent of God of War's equivalent.

The game is built on tasking but every task genuinely feels like it will help you in an equal way to the effort you put in.

Tasks are somewhat repetitive but the locations are suprisingly varied.

This isn't a special game, it isn't a game to define games, it isn't a [10] what it is is a bloody fun way to spend your time. Give it the few hours it needs to open up (that are paced well) and it is a very satisfying experience.

In fact in that way it is a lot like the latest movie. Not cerebral, not anything new, not ground breaking but a hell of a lot of fun.
  • This game is definitely gonna get missed on here because of MGSV and Mario Maker and by the time they are done Fallout will be out. Bit of a shame as this is an excellent game.
  • Oh and it looks fucking amazing.
    None of those Batamn Graphics issue, I'm running this on max settings at 60fps.
    Stunning game.

Seeing oil fields burning in the distance clearing through the dust storms is awesome.
    When you actually get caught in a dust storm is something else.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    It's a chalice for me before I consider it. Looks good though.
  • It is easily worth a chalice but given the competition out this quarter a chalice seems about right.
    Best way I can describe it is GTA with Batman combat and the better side of Ubisoft missions, all wrapped in Just Cause ham, garnished with maggots.
  • This game is worth a Chalice and a half without even thinking twice. It properly pisses me off that that cunting Batman pish got a fucktonne of attention and this game gets zip. I'm having way more of a blast with this than other tosh that's come out.

I've maxed out my first stronghold, I'm close to maxing out Max, and there's still tonnes I want to do, let alone upgrading my Magnum Opus.

The scheduling has been a right royal shame. This game's a fucking peach.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!