@_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    Dunno why I don't have this, saw it eight times at the flicks.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • I'm gutted I didn't see in 3D in the cinema, especially with the music which was also great. But did see a 1080p stream, bit of a bummer the 3D stream didn't work.

Some amazing stunt and cgi work done
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    This is Def my January game
  • Kernowgaz wrote:
    I'm gutted I didn't see in 3D in the cinema, especially with the music which was also great. But did see a 1080p stream, bit of a bummer the 3D stream didn't work. Some amazing stunt and cgi work done
    It was shit in 3D.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Everything is shit in 3D, except Gravity and real life.
  • Mad Max was especially bad in 3D as it lost the vibrancy of the colour, one of the big plus points of the film.
  • bad_hair_day
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @_badhairday_
    Xbox
    Bad Hair Day
    PSN
    Bad-Hair-Day
    Steam
    badhairday247

Send message
    I saw it in IMAX 3D and the combination of size, sound and brighter image was fucking head popping.
    retroking1981: Fuck this place I'm off to the pub.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I forced the film on people after going the cinema for it.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I wish I'd watched it at the cinema, both in 3D and normovision. Top film.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    And I'll be on this at some point. Driving looks a bit floaty slidy to me but I guess it feels right when you're playing.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Some of the driving reminds me of Burnout mechanics.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • I wish I'd watched it at the cinema, both in 3D and normovision. Top film.
    There's a 1080p stream on Genesis ( kodi)

PS I can't read, I I thought you said that you had not wished you had
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • The driving would be closer to FlatOut than anything else, but that was a criminally overlooked series.  It's not floaty, but you see/feel the weight of the car leaning over on the suspension.  My only beef with it is that I'd've liked a handbrake button.
  • Yeah handbrake would have been nice, there are a lot of buttons to deal with already though. To take corners a bit tighter try using the sideways barge move.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Didn't think the barge worked outside of combat.
  • Yeah, there's a hint screen points out (diplomatically) that you can use it to get out of tight corners (which seems to mean 'beached on some scenery').

I've not experienced any bends that really need a handbrake, but it just feels like it would be fun when shitting about in the middle of the desert.
  • Scored 2k worth of scrap last night enduring Storms to hunt down some Mothaloot .  Despite spending it all on upgrades, still think I'll need to trek back to some earlier areas to do some more grind - still haven't found the last minefield in the starter area so I can get me some flame pipes!
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • So, Yahtzee isn't too keen.

• Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Well Yahtzee is never keen on anything, that's kind of his shtick.
  • I'm thinking about picking this up. People I know who have played it all really like it. People who have played this and mgsv don't like it much.
    Makes me wonder if they had stuck it out there earlier it would have reviewed better and had more coverage. It seems like a cracking game just to pass the time in.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Started playing this. It's mighty pretty and pretty solid so far. Max is comedically gruff.

Not sure if the gameplay has clicked with me, but it's well put together and the fighting is solid and brutal. Punchy games aren't really my bag, I couldn't get along with Batman or Sleeping Dogs but the world is more interesting in Mad Max, so it's keeping me involved.

I'm enjoying the driving, especially in first person. I think GTA has spoiled me though, I miss the tunes, the colour and the cup holders. Maybe I'm just not cut out for the post-apocalyptic world.

@revel - I'd say it's well worth the £10 on cdkeys if you have an okay PC. It's definitely an interesting world to spend time in. I've played MGS and though it's mechanically beautiful it's not spoilt this for me. Sometimes you want fish and chips rather than a broccoli and marmalade pancake.
  • It's the best looking game this gen for me.  I just wish there was a bit more substance to it - rather than just collecting 'scrap', it would've been nice to hunt down specific vehicles to harvest specific parts.  And rather than just build up other people's bases, maybe make your own from scratch.

Mind you, we'll have Fallout for that, and whilst it would've been nice to have deeper skill trees and more rpg elements there's plenty to admire here.  Particularly the way each enemy camp, although made from the same tile set, feels and looks really unique.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • I just got back to it last night, after time away with PES and Rainbow Six, and felt a little overwhelmed by how much I still have to do.  It was a good feeling, though, like when you're a third of a way through a massive but enjoyable book.
  • Been doing some tidying up it Gutgash's territory.  I've reduced the threat to zero and cleared all but one of the scavenging posts in three of the areas.  That just leaves one camp, one sniper, one scarecrow and the convoy in Reek Hills.  I hadn't noticed that my next story mission takes me to Gas Town, so once I've completely cleared out Gutgash's territory, I'll hit the story mission before starting the projects in Pink Eye's stronghold.

Got the 'unbreakable' challenge tonight (defeat twelve enemies in a row in meleé combat without taking any damage).  Glad to have that one under my belt.
  • adkm1979 wrote:
    I hadn't noticed that my next story mission takes me to Gas Town, so once I've completely cleared out Gutgash's territory, I'll hit the story mission before starting the projects in Pink Eye's stronghold.
    Ah ha ha ha ha ha.....

Clearly, one does not simply drive into Gas Town.  That whole area is going to be mental to clear.  Fucking hell.

Still, that's me completely cleaned up Gutgash's territory.

Is anyone else still playing?
  • Keep up the updates ADKM!

Love it.
  • I am still playing as in this s the game I play when I play. I just am not playing anything right now.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Apart from the field, amirite?
  • I am still going! At the same story mission as adkm but chosen to clear all of Pink Eye's area first. Done all the camps now and just want to wrap up the odd bits and pieces.

Going to focus on Pink Eye's stronghold now.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!