Pro Evolution Soccer (Shiny New Thread for 2016)
‹ Previous123456789

• PES2016.png

videogamer.com
    Guide to adding official Barclays Premier League kits and logos.

PES World
    Repository of downloads for said kits and logos.

• I'm into it like a show bag.

Game got delayed tip tomorrow though here in Aus. Retailer collusion to get Fifa sales first I bet.
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Kotaku have come down in favor of pes over Fifa this year.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • You bastards, I'm gonna have to buy this aren't I? Cos I wanna get a B&B league going.

I'm gonna buy it as soon as I'm back from the mosque.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Yay! Go Elf!

I have this but suck at it big time.
  • I've heard its better than FiFa
    He could've just said they came from another planet but seems keen to convince people with his bullshit pseudoscience that he knows stuff. I wouldn't trust him with my lunch. - SG
  • Videogamer also said pes was better than fifa.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    The PC thing though...
    Don't care about the graphics, but if it doesn't play well...
    "I didn't get it. BUUUUUUUUUUUT, you fucking do your thing." - Roujin
    Ninty Code: SW-7904-0771-0996
  • But the PC thing though... Don't care about the graphics, but if it doesn't play well...

Yeah they've ported last-gen as opposed to current gen, which is a bit of a glaring error on their part. I played the PS3 demo and enjoyed it, but it does play SLIGHTLY differently to the PS4 version

Noticed a pattern in mYcLub where the opposition (vs COM) start off like a freight train and often go 1-0 or 2-0 up. I then have to focus and claw it back, sacrificing defense in the process. Not sure if it's just me starting slowly or something to do with team spirit or whatever it's called. I need more hours in the day.
  • The PC thing though... Don't care about the graphics, but if it doesn't play well...
    yeah, i'm the same....plus all the mods and patches would prob take care of the graphics.

to be fair, i'm enjoying PES2015 on PS3...if 2016 improves on that for PS3, and the PC version is atleast as good as that, it should be ok.  there was talk from the developer that the PC version would be a 'hybrid' that sits between the PS3 and PS4 versions, but i'm yet to find anything concrete.

the problem with the graphics thing though, is if they're not using the same graphics, are they using a different engine, and if it's not the 'fox' engine, will it then be lacking the new physics and stuff that's helping it feel so good...
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Fox engine debuted in 2015 iirc. They've refined it all a lot more though in this 2016 and given a lot more heft and believability to it all on the PS4 version.
    Haven't heard about the PC version if the updated physics have been ported across.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I did some more looking into the PC version, the bile and ire being spouted because the graphics aren't up to scratch is quite amazing.....i'm tempted to buy it now just to stick it to those moaning 'entitled' pillocks! 
    fair enough it shouldn't be the case, but at the end of the day konami said it wouldn't match the ps4 version, it's a port by a small team and designed to work better on low spec pcs, as befits the regions it targets most.
    what little i have gleamed is that the gameplay seems to be pretty much intact...the same 'engine' just running at the lower spec of the ps3/360 version of the game.

it's 17.99 for a steam key from cdkeys...they're ok, right?
    http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pro-evolution-soccer-2016-pc-cd-key-steam
  • I did some more looking into the PC version, the bile and ire being spouted because the graphics aren't up to scratch is quite amazing.....i'm tempted to buy it now just to stick it to those moaning 'entitled' pillocks!  fair enough it shouldn't be the case, but at the end of the day konami said it wouldn't match the ps4 version, it's a port by a small team and designed to work better on low spec pcs, as befits the regions it targets most. what little i have gleamed is that the gameplay seems to be pretty much intact...the same 'engine' just running at the lower spec of the ps3/360 version of the game. it's 17.99 for a steam key from cdkeys...they're ok, right? http://www.cdkeys.com/pc/games/pro-evolution-soccer-2016-pc-cd-key-steam

Yeah cdkeys are sweet. Agree with you; if they haven't promised anything then why shouldn't they take the cheapest option and keep more PC players able to actually play the game?

Update info released today:
    First "live update" (for exhibition and online matches) drops 1st October
    First proper data pack lands THE TWENTY NINTH OF OCTOBER. Nice work Konami.
  • Yep
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm on this this year. Was waiting ti see where fifa reviews fell, but head fifa man Brett phipps at Videogamer said they ruined fifa from a near perfect preview build five months ago. So I'll take the better playing game rather than licenses
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Flawless logic.

Good luck with that editing mode though, like adkm said, the caps are a bitch. I had to hold down the left trigger to keep caps on, that shit just ain't right.
  • A double click gives you caps lock. Sometimes twice. It's more the fact that, for whatever reason, all the team names are all-caps, but then in things like Master League they put the team name in a mixed cap sentence, so it looks like Özil always shouts his team name. And so many folk have made their MyTeam name in mixed case. It just makes for messy looking menu screens.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah, I tried that but no joy.

And yeah I get you, new stories like 'SMITH of MK DONS will be out for 12 weeks due to Broken Bone.'
  • Ha, reminds me of the Amiga days on Premier Manager 3, there was a game editor that let you change everything, so most of the injuries were changed to things like 'broken nail' and 'bit of a sniffle'.

Disappointed the pc version's shite.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • fuck it, bought the pc version from cd keys...let's see what the fuss is about.
  • well i can't recommend it at the moment, can't say for sure if the 'next-gen' gameplay is intact (particularly since i don't have access to the PS4 version).

graphics obviously aren't that flash but to be honest they're ok enough for me (again, i haven't been spoilt by any true 'next gen' footy games).  players still look like decent zombie versions of themselves...i noticed some glitchy shadows and stuff on cut scenes, but i think this version is literally ported and upscaled, so running at 1080p prob just doesn't suit it - i did try running at slightly lower res, it looked just as good and seemed a bit less glitchy.

the main 'gripe' though is i'm not too sure about the gameplay....it actually feels much more rigid and 'digital' than i thought PES 2015 on PS3 was - it felt much more like an old school PES.  I'll need to play 2015 on PS3 again to refresh my memory of that, and then get the 2016 demo on PS3, so i have a better understanding of how it's changed there too.  it could be that they've deliberately tightened things up, it could be i've let the surprise at enjoying 2015 cloud my memory of just how 'organic' it feels, or it could just be the change in playing with a different joypad, system, sitting close to the monitor, yadda yadda.

but basically from the 2 and a half test games i played i didn't get an over riding 'ooo this is much better than pes2015 on ps3' feeling, which to be honest is the main marker for me.

also newcastle's default strips were red!  WTF?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Red and white. I spewed.

Dunno what's up there, I think it's a marked improvement over recent PES games, feels great to play.
  • Has anyone downloaded the kits and stuff and put it onto the game yet?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    I have indeed. All the kits and pics very easy as long as you have a USB stick.
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Red and white. I spewed. Dunno what's up there, I think it's a marked improvement over recent PES games, feels great to play.
    also newcastle's default strips were red!  WTF?

Haha!

Mixed up with Sunderland, I expect! :3
  • dynamiteReady
    Show networks
    Steam
    dynamiteready

Send message
    Something drastic will have to happen with the PC game for me to buy it.
    Despite your allusions to wanky gamer entitlement Ram, a stand has to be taken!
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    isanbard wrote:

How's this likely to interact with the transfer update next month? Any danger you'll need to redo??
  • Haha! Mixed up with Sunderland, I expect! :3
    I don't think so. The strips have been reasonably close in the past, but this time quite a few were totally different. It would be odd for them to suddenly get it wrong by accident. I suspect they had to make them more different for licensing reasons.
  • Something drastic will have to happen with the PC game for me to buy it. Despite your allusions to wanky gamer entitlement Ram, a stand has to be taken!

haha...i've no problem with people not buying it on principle, and especially if it's not actually up to scratch on the gameplay side....that comment was aimed more at the specific people and their (over) reactions in the threads i was reading, but then...internet innit?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    acemuzzy wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    How's this likely to interact with the transfer update next month? Any danger you'll need to redo??

I wouldn't have thought it would bugger it up tbh. I've left all the players as is and they put this ability in deliberately so people could get around the licencing guff. You can only imagine that they would have a system where they can move players about without changing all the other edits. 

It wasn't too much trouble either as I  was watching shite on the PC as I did it so I'd just do it again if it borks.
‹ Previous123456789

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!