Life is Strange spoiler thread of SPOILERS
  • I'll post my thoughts later, Life is Spoilers.
  • The end was rubbish I saved my besty and doomed the town because it all seemed pointless otherwise.
  • Exactly what I did. I spent almost the entire game looking out for her, no way was I then gonna sacrifice her at the end.
    Gamertag: aaroncupboard (like the room where you keep towels)
  • They didn't even 'Les off' at the end. Shite.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • So you saved the town instead of Chloe and that wins you lesbian action. Life is indeed strange.
    Gamertag, PSN, NNID: mikemsp            3DS code: 3668 - 8117 - 9395

Currently playing: Bone
  • n0face wrote:
    The end was rubbish I saved my besty and doomed the town because it all seemed pointless otherwise.

She got an extra week with her best friend, she knows she got the last week which was one week more than she was gonna have.

Even if temporally she doesn't have the extra week in her memories she does. And chloes forgiveness for abandoning.

It's a lot for her.
  • This is fucking GOTY and I'll shout at anyone who disagrees.

It broke my heart and I had a little cry but I sacrificed Chloe. It seemed like the right thing to do, as much as I adored her. I'll post proper thoughts later, but this is the most emotionally invested I've ever been in a videogame and I think it is an absolute landmark in what narrative based games can achieve.
  • I sacrificed her too, it crushed me and I instantly regretted it. I do have some criticisms over the other ending but I'll save those for later.
  • I don't want to see the other ending. With a game like this, for me, it's all about my journey. That is what happened. That's the story arc.

Might start crying again soon. Beautifully heart breaking end.
  • Aaron: I would agree the final episode doesn't hit the high notes of earlier episodes and was weak generally. I'd also say that certain elements of the nightmare were badly done, though not all, and I didn't think it was awful at all. I thought the "huh, bottles... I must be in hell" was going to be a referential quip. But no... we really had to find bottles again. Ugh. 

Anywho, the final point you make about 'undoing the game' doesn't sit right with me. The game lets you and encourages you to build this relationship with Chloe and become emotionally invested in her as a character. The final choice is, for me, to sacrifice that for the sake of the town, or to take the selfish route and save your friend.

I can see why you would want more on the closure of the Jefferson stuff, but for me that was so secondary that it didn't even register as an issue. It was all about what Max put herself - and everyone else - through in trying to save Chloe.

I
  • I don't want to see the other ending. With a game like this, for me, it's all about my journey. That is what happened. That's the story arc. Might start crying again soon. Beautifully heart breaking end.

I regret checking it, don't do it!
  • Jeff is likely to be found out and fucked.
  • I only picked up one bottle in the dream bit.
  • n0face wrote:
    I only picked up one bottle in the dream bit.
    WHAT.

I went back through the fucking junkyard and got all of them. Might have got a Cheevo for it though...
  • Aaron: I would agree the final episode doesn't hit the high notes of earlier episodes and was weak generally. I'd also say that certain elements of the nightmare were badly done, though not all, and I didn't think it was awful at all. I thought the "huh, bottles... I must be in hell" was going to be a referential quip. But no... we really had to find bottles again. Ugh. 

Anywho, the final point you make about 'undoing the game' doesn't sit right with me. The game lets you and encourages you to build this relationship with Chloe and become emotionally invested in her as a character. The final choice is, for me, to sacrifice that for the sake of the town, or to take the selfish route and save your friend.

I can see why you would want more on the closure of the Jefferson stuff, but for me that was so secondary that it didn't even register as an issue. It was all about what Max put herself - and everyone else - through in trying to save Chloe.

I

I think my main criticisms are not so much with the friendship but more the use of time travel. The typical 'oh I will just go back to the beginning and change the events' plot device was just a disappointing way to end the game. Especially when the game had actually used the same plot device in an earlier episode and pulled it off perfectly. Going back to save Chloe's dad and then seeing her in a wheelchair as a result was a stunning use of time travel and emotional storytelling. The end decision just seemed a bit rubbish in comparison to the rest of the game.

I am also slightly confused by the other ending. If the destructive weather was somehow caused by Max's use of time travel, wouldnt going back to the very beginning be a massive use of her power that wouldn't necessarily stop the weather?
  • She also had her first vision of the tornado before she had ever used time travel!
  • Oh thats very true
  • Nina
    Show networks
    Twitter
    myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    TheDJR wrote:
    I sacrificed her too, it crushed me and I instantly regretted it. I do have some criticisms over the other ending but I'll save those for later.
    Curious about your thoughts about that.

Just finished this, I sacrificed Arcadia. Couldn't face going back to that bathroom again, specially not after all that time travelling at the start of episode 5. I was done with it. Was just my gut reaction, and I've watched the other one on YouTube. Still unsure if I made the "right" choice, but this was my choice, today.

I didn't really have any issues with the last episode, the whole dark room part was a proper headfuck, lost track of what happened and what hadn't happened pretty quick.
    The nightmare only bothered me in the first area, got lost there and had loads of rewinds. The other two were easy enough, and I enjoyed the walk along all the Chloe and Max scenes. Pretty little scenes. Thought it was a nice way to recollect the memories, frozen, 3d photos with sound effects!

All in all, impressive game.

• I just got the impression that sacrificing Chloe was the canon ending, they put much more work into that than the other.
  • I sacrificed Chloe. Episodes 1 to 4 were engaging and enjoyable. Episode 5 simply made episodes 1 to 4 a waste of time. Very disappointing.
  • Skondo wrote:
    I sacrificed Chloe. Episodes 1 to 4 were engaging and enjoyable. Episode 5 simply made episodes 1 to 4 a waste of time. Very disappointing.

I don't agree that they were a waste of time but everything coming down to one big choice at the end is a common problem with games that let you make moral choices.

LiS intended to build a connection between you and Chloe that would test you, my problem is that it didn't do enough to make a connection with you and the town as they obviously want you to sacrifice Chloe, maybe they should've had your parents be in Arcadia too.

There aren't many games where people here would sacrifice hundreds, maybe thousands of innocent lives for one person though so I think credit has to go for just how strong a character Chloe is.
  • Maybe I struggled to 'build a connection' as I didn't find Chloe to be a strong and interesting character, I actually found her quite irritating. Therefore, in my case, the decision to sacrifice her was a no brainer. It would have to be a very special game to make me think 'no, I'm not going to save all these innocent people, I'm going to let them all die just to save you'. I thought more about my decision at the beginning of Fable 3.
  • I was pretty much in love with Chloe by the end but she's my type.
  • My type being fictional.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!