Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    So Dan chucked me a message today. Both go Newcastle, cannot break their transfer record (16m for Owen) and see how far you can take them. He's properly starting in the next couple of days but because I'm full of a cold I've rinsed it today, plus beast laptops = barely any loading times.

Here's my tactic. Idea is to press high and hard, pack the centre and keep possession. Very prone to a counter due to only the two CBs being left back but its beautiful attacking wise. Got a 'home' version but that's basically for if you're United, its terrifying to use as Newcastle:

8d0dfde78a1d879408c36346adadc76a.png

Starting 11 when everyone is fit. Shelvey is shit, but so are Diame and Saivet:

c78bb4ad4da235534bad15dd35f33a59.png

Brought in Cutrone on loan as he's always available and is a fucking don. Jordan Lukaku has been beastly. Gayle, Perez and Hayden have all been sent to the u18s due to moaning. Gayle is currently training as a sweeper just to piss him off even more.

Choice results:

4b882e38936e850137a6c248c04ea3a8.png

8efd60c1725bd52c9fc1d692963270cf.png

e63eec7b3e937b5830f45b471c4a412a.png

f96cf98130b7c354c2dce3e3a33ecfcf.png

Fined six players after the Chelsea game. Dan will attest Lejeune scored the most beautiful own goal of all time in the Arsenal match (Lascelles, Darlow and Lejeune playing triangles on the back then Lejeune decides to smash the ball into his own net instead of passing to Darlow). Blitzed fuck out of West Ham, and got lucky against Liverpool who hit the woodwork three times.

Table:

bf221f4831a94e56d157aa59155c40d4.png

Flying high, but got City, Spurs and United still to play. If I can get top 8 I'll be buzzing as if Muto, Cutrone or Lukaku get injured I'm bollocksed.

Needed a CB on deadline day but there was an attempted takeover which meant transfer embargo. Day after the deadline it failed and embargo was lifted which left me shit out of luck. Clark went for 15m (lol) to Southampton and Lazaar for 4.2m to Wolves.

In January I sign my favourite budget CB for 4,5m, Kannemann. Amazing defender who usually gets sent off 3 times a season as he loves diving in knee high with both feet. Love that man:

493dd51a7bdb0671f4b17e80fab149f1.png

I love this game.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message

Needed a CB on deadline day but there was an attempted takeover which meant transfer embargo. Day after the deadline it failed and embargo was lifted which left me shit out of luck. Clark went for 15m (lol) to Southampton and Lazaar for 4.2m to Wolves.

A familiar stalling tactic from the evil fat lad.
  • What the fuck are Huddersfield doing in 19th? What a joke!
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    A familiar stalling tactic from the evil fat lad.

Yeah he's a fucking bellend in game too. We're projected to be 100m in profit by end of season due to paying shit wages for shit, huge stadium and just the one debt to himself. 23m in the bank, 3.2m left to spend, ask him for a bit more:

'Unfortunately due to the financial restrictions of the club we cannot make any more funds available'

Ask him for another coach as we only have five:

'We don't believe the club needs any extra support in training'

Everything is a nope. Luckily it does say he'll listen to any offers so hopefully someone comes in and buys the club.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    The Daddy wrote:
    What the fuck are Huddersfield doing in 19th? What a joke!

They've transfer listed Quaner and Jorgensen lol
  • After an illustrious 14 year career, Manager Man is no more.

jpg

This Newcastle thing sounds a lark, will give it a go in 2017.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Lads

3d4a432ccc2530dbdd67a9c23de48eb4.png

859970678f92ed628dad982dbc4dcda0.png

Bought Wilson for 900k in January. Four starts, seven goals, two hat tricks in the FA Cup:

a889f361d2eb3365ab043f0fb8860a7f.png

Had two attempted takeovers that fat cunt has rejected. Football is coming home to the North East. Fucking Aarons scored 4 v Arsenal lol
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    How do they make it so realistic?
  • The Daddy wrote:
    What the fuck are Huddersfield still doing in 19th? What a joke!

• Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    We're actually gonna get top 4. Eight games left and we're seven ahead of 5th. Huddersfield are going down lololooololoolol
  • FM2019 has been updated with the Wagner Engine (TM)
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Finished 2nd lads lolololol

Also got hammered in every match v Man Utd. Got Zoet, van Ginkel, Androne, Pavon from Boca and some youngsters signed up for next season, need a CB.

Ben Gibson wanted 75k a week get fucked.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    YES FAM IT HAPPENED

13a13c4c0bd6beaef60eb401ba593810.png
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Broke the new FM the day after its come out. Lost to Newcastle with a typical 4-1-2-2-1, then swtiched to a stupid tactic and ta da:

dbc7856919837737d4e5e82343dc719a.png
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    That's a Brucie bonus.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Joelinton got two. His stats are terrible but insane strength
  • What's the stupid tactic then?
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    What's the stupid tactic then?

c3d54fb43abf99cafff274d683238061.png

Low possession, insane counter attack, high press, direct passing
  • Yeah but does it work if you start with a shit team? Oh, you’re Man U, fair enough!
  • There's always a point where you break FM, and with the yearly updates it gets easier to figure it out. To an extent the logic has to stay somewhat the same within the game engine. I've been using a variation of 3 different tactics over the past 3 games I've had and they continue to work pretty ok (2012, 2014, 2018)

I still really enjoy the game but you always get to the point where the game cant handle the tactics you've fine tuned
    SFV - reddave360
  • I've started a save (FM17) as Real Madrid, with the stipulation that I can only buy former Man United players. Madrid because then I start with Ronaldo.

My first signing, on a free, was Keiron Richardson. The fans were not happy, but then he scored the equiliser in the Super Cup in added time, which we went on to win and have seemed to calmed down.

On deadline day I added Ryan Shawcross, which cost my entire transfer budget (surprisingly just 17mill, but with addons its 24. Thats next seasons finances problem though).

A lot of English players are reluctant to leave their shithole towns for Real Madrid, so I decided to bulk up my backroom with Englishmen. Paul Scholes was my first addition to the coaching staff, followed by Paul McGuiness. I added some no mark from Southend or something as head Physio because he had ace stats followed by poaching Man Citys Under 23's Sports Scientist.

I tried to rob Les Kershaw as Director of Football, but he was so mortally offended by my offer of 15k a week he wont even talk to me. United pay him 1k as Chief Scout. So I went with Frank Arnesen instead. Not English, but top stats and only wanted 10k.
  • @dante lol. Kieran Richardson at madrid. Suprised you weren't sacked for signing him.

Deffo the hardest way to play top flight FM is to manage Athletic Bilbao. Cant sign Spanish players only Basque. Makes for a tough game.
  • Wayne Rooney has benn transfer listed, days after I agreed a new contract that upped the transfer budget.

He's joining in January.
  • Michael Carrick has just agreed to sign at the end of his current contract.

Offloading Pepe to United in return.
  • Dante you gotta sign bebe.
  • Eibars Bebe is delighted to have successfully negotiated terms with R. Madrid.
  • And how did that signing go down?
  • Supporter spokesperson David Baena believes the fans are very disappointed with the signing of Bebe as they simply don't think the player is good enough.
  • Oh, I forgot to mention that I've signed Paddy McNair on loan, who is currently out with damaged cruciate ligaments.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!