King's Quest (Ep.1 on PS+ in December)
  • kings-quest-episode-2-release-date.jpg 

I'd been meaning to give this a try since it came out - I got the first episode on PS+ this weekend.

Seems quite impressive, the narrative is voiced by Christopher Lloyd who retrospectively tells the story of the game to his granddaughter. The puzzles are quite basic but it works well on console, and it's very pretty.

My only gripe is that I've reached a point where I can progress in one of three ways, but the game still allows you to collect items / solve puzzles for the other ways which are essentially 'blocked' once you decide which route to take - I'm not sure if this is an intentional red herring or just how the game needed to be designed, but it feels a bit annoying when you hit a dead end with something once you realise you can't progress it any further.

anyone else giving this a go? I'm quite far into ep.1 -- depending on how it wraps up I might pick up the season pass.
  • My kids played this over the weekend and were utterly hooked (to the extent that I never actually had a chance to play it myself).  It's certainly very pretty, and they've got a fine cast
    Spoiler:
    The puzzles looked very basic, but then that's possibly why the kids were so enamoured of it.  I have now received demands for a season pass for Christmas, so something's working.  (Not sure if 10-13 year old girls were the intended target audience...)
  • iv been playing it and enjoying it, 3 year old daughter really likes it.
  • tin_robot wrote:
    Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

I played this for a while, but it didn't take me long to tire of its obvious point'n'click heritage. It looks pretty lovely, though.
  • I got past where I was stuck - the solution to the puzzle I was trying to solve was very obtuse.

I'm debating picking up the season pass - Ive enjoyed what I've played.
  • So I heard on a podcast this week that episode 2 involves managing a team of people who have constantly dwindling health / hunger bars throughout the episode - I don't think I've gone off the idea of playing a game quicker than when I learnt this. Shame.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Polygon really slated Episode 2. Think I'll hold off to boot.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!