SPOILERS Star Wars Last Jedi SPOILERS
  • HANG ON. 

Let's rearrange those letters. Snoke? 
    More like KNOES. 
    Knows what? 
    His identity. 
    Snoke knows who he is: confirmed.

Now we just need to find out who Snoke is, to find out who he is. We'll have this cracked by Episode 8.
  • I'm more interested in who Snoke's twin sister turns out to be tbh...
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • I can't be the only one who things Snoke is a pretty shite evil guy name? He sounds like the comedy sidekick of New Top Cat who lives in a recycling bin.

For me that was the most off putting part of the film along with Leia's galactic Botox.
  • Aye, poor Leia looks like she's had a stroke.
  • Leia getting a harsh reception. I thought she was great. If the editing of her first scene with Han wasn't so distracting it might have been the one moment to genuinely make me well up. A really well conveyed sense of warmth and affection running between them. Transcends any stupid lightsabre guff for me.
  • Sure, her performance is fine. She just unfortunately happens to have a face like a skelped arse now.
  • g.man wrote:
    He had many scripts dismissed by Disney, and is apparently pretty grumpy about the film. I'd say his bollocks have been well and truly kicked.
    You're seriously overthinking this.

Not really, I just made an observation on the end credits, that the guy who had complete control of a franchise is now merely a mention.

I was called up on it, and felt I had to elaborate.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Yeah, but your observation that it's somehow a kick in the nuts is daft. He sold them the franchise for a gazillion dollars. They credited him with creating the characters as you would expect. Hell they even put it out under the Lucasfilm banner, so I'm really not sure what point you're trying to make here? How is he being kicked in the bollocks?
  • Tempy wrote:
    He had many scripts dismissed by Disney, and is apparently pretty grumpy about the film. I'd say his bollocks have been well and truly kicked.

That's a big shift from your original post, and I no longer have the effort to keep up with your mental gymnastics. Aye, crediting him appropriately for a franchise he's a little disappointed he sold and can't work on is a real shitter. Keep on keeping on.

Apologies for not being a media studies student and only somebody who's watched a film.

Sorry for dragging you down to my idiot level, and my stupid posts.

I look to be enlightened by you in future.
    360 - optimark prime PSN - optimark_prime twitter - @optimark_prime
  • Let's all just calm down again. There's a new Star Wars film out and it's great fun. That's all that really matters here.
  • Calm like a bomb, me.

Edit: also never meant any offence Mark, I was just highlighting the fact that what you said didn't mean what you thought it meant.
  • Off to see it again with the wife and kids. They don't know I've seen it. Packing super sour sweets to generate tears for the sad parts. I can do this.
  • Jeezo mate you're fucked.
  • "Women always discover the truth. Always"
  • hahaha
  • Hmmm, I appear to be heading for a Kylo/Han denouement.

Nice knowing you all.
  • djchump wrote:
    "Women always discover the truth. Always"
    this reminded me of something really pleased me...the lack of soap opera style melodrama when he eventually told rey he was a stormtrooper.  obviously i must be too infected by the wife's soaps, but i was watching it expecting the inevitable 'she finds out by over hearing him and then takes a strop and he's all sorry but she won't listen to the reasons blah blah'
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • Stopharage wrote:
    Hmmm, I appear to be heading for a Kylo/Han denouement. Nice knowing you all.
    Just don't go near any thin bridges with no handrails over chasms and you'll probably be okay.
  • The lack of health and safety in the Star Wars universe is shocking.
  • Enjoyed it, didn't love it. Positives were lovely Daisy Ridley, the sith guy, Chewbacca, Finn, Han Solo, light-sabres and all the spaceships. Villainous scum and tentacled monsters on a spaceship was great. That ending was majestic. I wonder how much Hamill got paid for that.

Carrie Fisher got a lot of horrible wet stuff to do. Oscar Isaac I usually like, but he didn't quite hit the right note as a swashbuckling hero. The New First Order were severely lacking in English upper class officers, not threatening enough when you add the usual storm trooper ineptness. Even their black uniforms looked a bit shit.

Plot wise, it's a bit too greatest hits and the start of a trilogy. Fun though and it's hard to imagine many people hating it.
  • Nope. But if people have theories Id like to hear them.
    JJ Abrams couldn't come up with a villian, but he's bailing before the last film and hoping the Jurrasic World guy can come up with something.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    I_R wrote:
    the sith guy

Kylo Ren? He's not a Sith yet.

Fucks sake Iain.
  • I'll sleep a lot better knowing the guy who directed Jurrasic World is finishing up this trilogy.

o.O

g.man
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    So just got back and loved every single wonder pud magical moment. Even the 3D in IMAX was tastefully applied.

It was the perfect way to carry on the franchise.

I started to read the BUT THIS and BUT THAT in this thread and I just think you're all spoiled brats. Who gives a fuck when a film can contain this much enjoyment. Someone complained about dialogue?? Have you watched any Star Wars??? What were you expecting? I don't want the fucking Coen brothers to make it. I want a simple story with a cast and characters I can get behind and have them beat the bad guys.

And the score was brilliant. My two favourite bits were when Rey was junk hunting in the desert and the first appearance of the X Wings. Wonderfully handled.

I'm going to watch it again next week and ignore any negativity.
  • wonderbanana
    Show networks
    Twitter
    NanasParadox
    Xbox
    Wonderbanana
    PSN
    Wonderbanana
    Steam
    Wonderbanana

Send message
    Interesting view on my earlier question:
    As Solo alluded to in the film,the Force is probably still considered some hokey religion. Think about it: The Jedi have been off the scene for more than 60 years at the time of the new movie — nobody but Luke's close friends know that he can use the Force — and even though the galaxy was ruled by one of the most powerful Sith of all time just 30 years previous, Palpatine took great care to hide his dark side powers. For the wider galaxy, the Sith are little more than boogeymen.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    I_R wrote:
    the sith guy

Kylo Ren? He's not a Sith yet.

Fucks sake Iain.

Yes he is. Not a Sith Lord or worthy of being a Darth yet, but he's Sith. Sith is simply the name for someone who's trained to use the force with a dark nature. Though the name actually comes from a red skinned species native to the world Korriban that the Sith think of as the home world of the nature of the dark side.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Erm. Hes not a sith though btw.
  • FranticPea wrote:
    Erm. Hes not a sith though btw.

Right let's take this outside.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!