SPOILERS Star Wars Last Jedi SPOILERS
  • b0r1s wrote:
    So just got back and loved every single wonder pud magical moment. Even the 3D in IMAX was tastefully applied. It was the perfect way to carry on the franchise. I started to read the BUT THIS and BUT THAT in this thread and I just think you're all spoiled brats. Who gives a fuck when a film can contain this much enjoyment. Someone complained about dialogue?? Have you watched any Star Wars??? What were you expecting? I don't want the fucking Coen brothers to make it. I want a simple story with a cast and characters I can get behind and have them beat the bad guys. And the score was brilliant. My two favourite bits were when Rey was junk hunting in the desert and the first appearance of the X Wings. Wonderfully handled. I'm going to watch it again next week and ignore any negativity.
    1 2 3 4...

Nothing wrong with a complaint here or there, and the response here has been universally positive.

edit: I may have confused you with birdorf for a moment there
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    @Vere

He's a Knight of Ren. He probably won't ever be a Sith, unless they show up again. Which they might.
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    b0r1s wrote:
    So just got back and loved every single wonder pud magical moment. Even the 3D in IMAX was tastefully applied. It was the perfect way to carry on the franchise. I started to read the BUT THIS and BUT THAT in this thread and I just think you're all spoiled brats. Who gives a fuck when a film can contain this much enjoyment. Someone complained about dialogue?? Have you watched any Star Wars??? What were you expecting? I don't want the fucking Coen brothers to make it. I want a simple story with a cast and characters I can get behind and have them beat the bad guys. And the score was brilliant. My two favourite bits were when Rey was junk hunting in the desert and the first appearance of the X Wings. Wonderfully handled. I'm going to watch it again next week and ignore any negativity.
    1 2 3 4... Nothing wrong with a complaint here or there, and the response here has been universally positive. edit: I may have confused you with birdorf for a moment there

I may still be a bit hyped from seeing it tbf, hence the expletives :-D
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    g.man wrote:
    Sure, her performance is fine. She just unfortunately happens to have a face like a skelped arse now.

Unhappy with this. An older actress being judged on how she looks? HEAVENS
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Not against you G,but I've seen alt of thar chat, and given fishers char about basically not being given roles at her age, it all adds up.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    Looks irrelevant to me, voice was a tad annoying. Think her role needed to be beefed up though - not nearly enough to do.
  • regmcfly wrote:
    g.man wrote:
    Sure, her performance is fine. She just unfortunately happens to have a face like a skelped arse now.
    Unhappy with this. An older actress being judged on how she looks? HEAVENS
    If it makes you any happier, Both Hamill and Ford look like death warmed up too.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I'm with you. Pass that fucking baton asap
  • TBF, I think it's great that they've all come back (regardless of the instant pension motivation), and they all seem to a quitting themselves well in their roles, but yeah, kill 'em all!
  • I am very much looking forward to Hamill's vocal talents being put to use in Ep.8. Hope he does the Joker laugh as a nod to the true fans too.
  • Haha. Imagine that...the villain is talking to him, revealing his evil plot, does an evil laugh...Luke mockingly bursts into joker cackle for a second before returning to dead pan serene jedi mode.
    "Like i said, context is missing."
    http://ssgg.uk
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I actually thought Leia was the best of the og cast in that. Conveyed a hell of a lot in a little.
  • So who's Rian Johnson who's writing and directing the next film? Not seen brick, so don't have a clue.
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    What she's put up with for Han, her role in the rebellion etc. V good performance
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Kernowgaz wrote:
    So who's Rian Johnson who's writing and directing the next film? Not seen brick, so don't have a clue.

Did Brick, did Looper, hot young talent. I like him a lot.
  • He's a decent writer, and because he's writing VIII and IX, hopefully they'll feel quite cohesive. I hope he pushes the boat out a little, and I can see that being the case due. His writing for both Brick and Looper shows he's capable of snappiness as well as smarts. Mind how no one ever mentions Brothers Bloom though. Might need to investigate why myself.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    It's an alright wes Anderson knockoff
  • Enjoyed Looper but is he upto the task regarding all the cgi?
    Wii U Themagickman - PSN - Themagickman   Xboxlive - Themagickman
  • I think ILM will ensure that's in fine hands.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    I think Disney and their fine investors will ensure that's in fine hands.

• regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    Genuinely, gorbless the thought that the biggest franchise in the world, in the charge of the company in control of the biggest franchises in the world might be in unsafe hands with a director.

Fuckin Avengers 2 had mega problems with Weedon and still earned up with $1.6 billion
  • Watched it again, wife none the wiser. Still stands up on second viewing. Loved it, No. 1 son was upset with it, primarily due to Han. No. 2 loved it.

Still have issues with Leia's performance; don't think she gets near Ford's performance. Whilst his face is craggy and aged, her Botox is still off-putting. And it's this lack of facial movement that I think detracts when compared to Ford's. It's nothing to do with the fact she is an aging actress, it's that her face lacks the expression of his. I'd say the same if the situation was reversed. It's a minor point though and she is great when she sees Rey return; her knowing and regretful stare is heart-breaking.

Other bits that chimed though:-
    - Rey's scavenging of the destroyer was very similar to scenes in one of Bank's culture novels.
    - When Rey surfs down the sand bank and the accompanying score.
    - You glimpse the Millenium Falcon for a millisecond prior to the actual reveal.
    - In the starting credits it says that the Republic is helping the Rebels so it's clear that they're aware of the threat of the Empire and are preparing for conflict.
    - Han's death is really well done and that final stroke of Ren's face is lovely.
    - Once you know that Daniel Craig is the hypnotised storm trooper you can hear him quite clearly.
    - When the rebels are waving Rey off on her Luke hunt, there looks to be a large Gungan-esque figure a few people back...

Loved it again.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I still think the best moment of the whole movie is Leia hugging rey.
  • It's up there admittedly. I do like Han stroking his son's face.
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I like thar kylo solo rent Han has the right hair do
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    I've just been with my wife's grandad and he spouted a lot

Here it is

So this is Martin or reg grandfather saying what he thought so I saw the movie as a man and I thought they were a lot of nonsense but my son liked them a d I am aware he told his son to like them I saw the new movie and I thought where was the new death star it wasn't important but I liked the new people and the lad who was the new stormtroopers he was very funny good work bit you need to make the stakes real because I didn't care bit I did care about Jan solo Jrb
  • regmcfly
    Show networks
    Twitter
    regmcfly
    Xbox
    regmcfly
    PSN
    regmcfly
    Steam
    martinhollis
    Wii
    something

Send message
    He didn't like the new star destroyer at all
  • Jan Solo confirmed
  • So many twinz.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!