• Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Hanz Swallows
  • So we'll finally find out what's in the case?

Yep. Until now, people were looking in Alderaan places.
  • First new cast leak for Last Jedi
    Spoiler:
  • As nicked from twitter: maybe he'll play Taxi Vader
  • Finally saw Rogue One on the plane to America last week.
    It's not offensively bad, and it has parts that are reasonably entertaining, but it felt like a tv movie with a 200 million dollar budget.
    Poor pacing. Muddled story telling. Super bland characters you didn't give a fuck about.
    Couldn't tell you the name of one character in the film.
    Impressive CGI (except for the uncanny valley bollocks).
    Really stank of reshoots, though I'm not convinced it would have been significantly improved without them.
    Terrible ending. They probably though the were being all bold and edgy by killing off the entire cast, but here's the kicker, if no fucks are given about your faceless characters, then you don't care if they all die in a fire.
    Thought it was O-K, and it passed two hours on an uncomfortable flight, but it was all a bit meh really.
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Haha, spoilers G.
  • Surely everyone knows by now that g was in America?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nuh uh, we knew he was in the Bahamas. The revelation of a changeover in the States has been ruined for me.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Nuh uh, we knew he was in the Bahamas. The revelation of a changeover in the States has been ruined for me.
    Think of it as an easter egg for the fanz.
  • I did really enjoy the battle and it's a long battle, but you can see the joins everywhere else. I even thought the two leads at the end was pretty well done, but it's not just unearned, it's not even hinted at before.
  • Yup, it's a nice idea, but they have no relationship or even chemistry for the rest of the film, so it falls flat on it's arse.
  • I mentioned this in relation to SKull Island but R:O Director said in an interview that they thought of the scenes they wanted first and just filled in the connective tissue, and you can really tell.

Still think having Jyn as a expendable asset on a doomed mission as opposed to a willing martyr would have made her more memorable.
  • That Felicity one that plays her was also the female lead in that Inferno thing that I also watched on the plane. Having now seen her in two films I can safely say that while she's generically pretty, she couldn't act her way out of a wet paper bag. She's bearable in R1, but her "performance" in Inferno is a new benchmark in wooden.
  • Inferno transcended shit and became hilarious for me.
    Spoiler:
  • g.man wrote:
    Finally saw Rogue One on the plane to America last week. It's not offensively bad, and it has parts that are reasonably entertaining, but it felt like a tv movie with a 200 million dollar budget. Poor pacing. Muddled story telling. Super bland characters you didn't give a fuck about. Couldn't tell you the name of one character in the film. Impressive CGI (except for the uncanny valley bollocks). Really stank of reshoots, though I'm not convinced it would have been significantly improved without them. Terrible ending. They probably though the were being all bold and edgy by killing off the entire cast, but here's the kicker, if no fucks are given about your faceless characters, then you don't care if they all die in a fire. Thought it was O-K, and it passed two hours on an uncomfortable flight, but it was all a bit meh really.
    This is it for me. It was just stuff happening, there was nothing there to get involved in. They just failed at making a decent story.
  • Inferno transcended shit and became hilarious for me.
    Spoiler:
    To be fair, I could quite happily have blown myself up by that point.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Not gonna read thread as spoilers and shit, but being as even he's said it out loud on the internet now, I'm kinda chuffed for my mate Deano as he's got a part in Last Jedi, not a terribly fleeting one either. Yay for dwarves
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I thought RO started well with Mads and co.
    Spoiler:
    http://horganphoto.com My STILL under construction website
    PSN : superflyninja

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!