Altered Beast is shit
‹ Previous123456789
  • I get the impression lately from a few on here that people would rather I not be around on this forum anymore, mainly due to my whinging and critiquing of all these shit games.

I'm genuinely interested if people would rather I didn't bother, so I don't waste my time. Today I've had - "I'm genuinely the worst thing about this forum" from one kind soul.

Jest or not, I take that to heart, and if the consensus is along that line of thinking, then I'll bid farewell and depart.

I don't have time for stuff like that. I've been around since the Edge days, over eight years now, but lately I'm actually feeling unwelcome. It's caused me to not post as much for sure.

I shouldn't have to feel that way but hey ho. I always thought my complaining was part of my character and is a bit of fun, as well as a way to give my honest reviews on games, but these days I'm in fear of the kinds of remarks like the one above.

This isn't to be shrugged off either, I'm actually a little upset, and chances are I'm gonna jack this place in and get on with my new career and life. It's all very well saying 'come on chalice, just a bit of banter'. The day has come where I no longer feel I can post my thoughts on stuff in my style, so I may as all not bother.

Fill ya boots.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Chalice spoiled the forum. The prick!
  • I like you.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Frankly, you can post all you like. I much prefer cranky criticism to sad middle aged men getting uptight about some bunch of pixels.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I enjoy rants. As much embellishment as possible please.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I'd be sorry to see you go for good, but I do think that taking a break from this place from time to time is healthy and desirable. If things are getting to you, find other ways to fill your free moments for a while, you'll always be welcomed back.
  • You carry on, but if blow back is getting on your tits I'm not really sure what you can do.
  • Excellent flouncing thread. A+.

Sad old man middle aged negative moaning is right up my street so continue please.
  • I think someone calling a person the worst thing on this forum is the worst thing on this forum.

• I like Chalice. 

that is all

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Can't say I've really noticed much of this going on.

I wouldn't worry about it TBH.
  • I don't think anyone is the worst thing about the forum.  You're all necessary characters in the B&B soap opera.
  • I've not been here much lately, for no particular reason other than being busy. Whatever you do stone I expect to see you online when the next destiny raid drops. Good times.
    Today is the shadow of tomorrow.
  • 'id buy that for a chalice'
  • Honestly.
    The forum as a whole can get a bit negative sometimes.
    On occasions I will load up the site, see a run of game threads with new shit to read in them and the lot will be people having a whinge. Nothing wrong with that if that is the way things are going but I can bet my last pound on one thread of whinging being Chalice, sometimes more, sometimes all of them.
    At that point it is somewhat deflating, especially if the criticism isn't exactly inspiring conversation.

This isn't to say you are the only one whinging Chalice, we are all moany old bastards really but if moaning is being done it is normally yourself.

I wouldn't want you to leave because when you aren't whinging about a game I value you as a memeber of the forum. Nor am I saying you have to go about the forum like everything is rosey. Just, maybe, reign it in a bit.
  • Do what you feel is right, if your gonna go just have a break.
    Dont leave for good.
  • I don't just mean I don't dislike Chalice. I actively like Chalice. I haven't seen any of anything that might have lead to this.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I get the impression lately from a few on here that people would rather I not be around on this forum anymore, mainly due to my whinging and critiquing of all these shit games.

Imagine if Ham quit because everyone called him a racist and a regressive human.

If someone's saying something to you you don't believe you're either a narcissist, which you shouldn't care about anyway, or someone isn't listening/asking you the right questions/others are answering for you/someone is being manipulative/or someone is reacting to someone else's distaste for you by behaving like them/or someone is a fucking dick.

Alternatively, you're the dick-cunt, but it's so rare here for any one person to be The dick-cunt that normally you find out you're them when you can't log in or find your threads.

I like people who don't suck up, so don't fucking go anywhere you cunt.

Peace and love.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    Sink the thread- ban hammer for one, etc.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
  • I thought it was a bit much tbh, especially since Chalice is hardly the only one to stick the boot in to Ark. Dan made me laugh, as ever though.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Most games are well worth moaning about these days. Not doing so would be wrong.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    IanHamlett wrote:
    I like you.
    ^ This.
    Yossarian wrote:
    I do think that taking a break from this place from time to time is healthy and desirable... (y)ou'll always be welcomed back.
    ^ And this.
    The forum as a whole can get a bit negative sometimes.
    You should check the rest of the internet out, this place is like an oasis of calm and rational thought.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • I'm very critical of videogames. Always have been. I may occasionally play up to that reputation on this forum but it's only for fun. I'm a gamer like everyone else, and anyone that has played with me knows that's not really who I am.

I think my opinions usually have some validity, but lately I can almost hear the sighs when I post something critical or negative about a game, even when all the issues I raise are actually worth discussing. That bothers me. It's not all sunshine and roses FFS, videogames are in a shite state.

It bothers me that certain people seem only to want to upset other people. I've no time for that.
  • IanHamlett wrote:
    I like you.

I like you too.
    The Forum Herald™
  • b0r1s
    Show networks
    Xbox
    b0r1s
    PSN
    ib0r1s
    Steam
    ib0r1s

Send message
    You can't please everyone. I for one don't mind and we have a "chalice" now. That's gotta be worth something.
  • I can be as guilty of forgetting the forum rule as the next guy, but at the end of the day the responsibility is on all of us to be nice to each other. That's not always easy because of the medium we communicate here with, but yes, we should all be making the effort to be nice to each other, because everybody here deserves that.
    I would be saddened to see Chalice leave because I genuinely like the guy and enjoy his posting. 

he's a good bloke our Chalice

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • b0r1s wrote:
    You can't please everyone. I for one don't mind and we have a "chalice" now. That's gotta be worth something.

About £20?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • @stonechalice
    Lolololol this is shit. I'm out lololol
    Isn't really being critical though is it?
    More dismissive.

For what it is worth I don't think your few comments in the Ark thread just now offered absolutely anything of critique.
  • I thought it was a bit much tbh, especially since Chalice is hardly the only one to stick the boot in to Ark. Dan made me laugh, as ever though.
    I just had a look at that thread, and maybe there's history behind that exchange that I don't know about, but I think I would've found it pretty funny if I was on the receiving end. No need to take it seriously, shirley?
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    it is somewhat deflating [game critique], especially if the criticism isn't exactly inspiring conversation
    On this bit, you have to fuck the former off and follow the conversation you want- if the former hurts so bad, then maybe consider it's close to the bone and :. your problem for not seeing it first.

It's easy to ignore folks even if they are not speaking what you want to hear. Even if it hurts.

Do more twitter, everyone, follow trolls, engage with them as you would the people you follow and you will soon, up-your-filter-game.
‹ Previous123456789

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!