Diablo IV
  • You’ll get better loot from Adventure for sure, but the purpose of Adventure is to speed level you up to 70 so you can focus on grinding out the seasons end game, which is rifts and leaderboard climbing.

If you’ve never finished the story, just do Campaign. If you want Leoric’s Crown for the XP boost on your way to 70, do Act One of the Campaign early on to maximise its effect.
  • After 70 you start getting paragon points, which unlock incremental stat boosts and are reassignsble (they also stay on your account) there are 800 of them you can split across 4 categories (200 for each)

0-70 is basically opening chapter to Seasons. The it’s grinding all the way down.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    The it’s grinding all the way down.

Fractal grinding.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Righto.

To get even dumber for a sec, re basic inventory mgmt best to just sell everything I'm not using and invest in the blacksmith?
  • Pretty much. That and the jeweller and artisan. Horde your gems though! And any good class legendearies you come across that you think might be good for characters you might want to play.

I don’t mean to come across as condescending or anything if I am, I had pals help me with all of seasons cos it takes really nerdy folk to comprehend it all. You can totally bumble away and be fine, but I think if you’re doing Seasons you may at least try and grapple with a bunch of the concepts it offers that are different to Campaign, otherwise why not just play Campaign?
  • Oh god no, not at all. I'm actually gutted you ain't got it on Switch so I can't pick your brain more! I could read up or watch videos but that's not as fun.

I kind of see seasons like the battle pass stuff in other games, but with new characters each time. I've went barbarian just now but already stashing stuff that might be fun later, though I'm happy to grind. I've actually triple dipped with the Switch version here.
  • Speedhaak
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Speedhaak
    PSN
    Speedhaak
    Steam
    Speedhaak
    Wii
    3841-0078-1712

Send message
    Rhykker is one of the better YouTubers for D3 related content and builds. Check him out if you want some good content. Icy Veins is also a great resource for builds and general min-maxing on D3.
  • Completed Season 15 Ch5, so bumbling along at Torment VII-X.

Any tips or is it just grind your face off?
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Bloody hell. I only just about scraped through to the end of a level two great rift (I hate time limits). I can’t imagine how people get on with these torment levels.
    Get schwifty.
  • ayns wrote:
    Completed Season 15 Ch5, so bumbling along at Torment VII-X.

Any tips or is it just grind your face off?

I gave Gav some tips last page and this page
  • Cheers. The hidden hermit hut near the healer no longer opens for me when I have the machine parts - had been opening fine but on Torment X it does not appear.  This is the bit where you hunt the 4 machine drops and then uber bosses.  Not sure what has happened?
    Raiziel wrote:
    Bloody hell. I only just about scraped through to the end of a level two great rift (I hate time limits). I can’t imagine how people get on with these torment levels.

It's just stats, man.  Numbers will go up.  I just followed the season chapters - complete them and it makes sense. Progresses you nicely.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • The more I read, the less I’m fussed about this. Don’t think it’s going to be my bag.
  • Would still like to team up on Switch with this. Should be on for a little bit tonight I think. Free most of the week too.
  • Do you need the subscription?
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • You need a sub for everything. I tried watching some Tetris replays in puyo puyo Tetris and couldn't even do that because u didn't have one.
  • I may have ordered this on switch...
    I've got a flight coming up, that's my excuse!
  • Frosty wrote:
    You need a sub for everything. I tried watching some Tetris replays in puyo puyo Tetris and couldn't even do that because u didn't have one.

Not for Fortnite.

I’d sub though Gav if it’s a regular thing?
  • Fortnite is the exception though because it's Fortnite.
  • Considering refurbing my PS3 to play this again, the console ports' controls just make the game so much better. Guess I could get it on PS4 once I'm able to buy a Pro also.
  • Fond memories of my Wizard playthrough, probably the most enjoyable use of a magic character in a game that I've played so far.
  • I wish I'd bought this on Switch rather than Civ 6. I'm finding the later a touch too cerebral.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I went digital with Civ 6 in the end. It’s...okay. Most of the time I’m on it I find myself wishing I was playing Civ 3, however.

I’ve gone back to Diablo for the time being.
    Get schwifty.
  • I’ve got both :D
  • Blocks100 wrote:
    I wish I'd bought this on Switch rather than Civ 6. I'm finding the later a touch too cerebral.

That’s my concern. I’ve played a bit of civ 4 on pc a while back and found it very mentally taxing. In the end I sorta gave up on it. Figure Diablo might be more my speed.
    It’s on my Christmas wish list
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Civ 5 was much more intuitive, my fave so far. Not played 6 yet though.
  • Blue Swirl
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Fuck Mugtome
    Twitter
    BlueSwirl
    Xbox
    Blue5wirl
    PSN
    BlueSwirl
    Steam
    BlueSwirl
    Wii
    3DS: 0602-6557-8477, Wii U: BlueSwirl

Send message
    The Civilization series has always appealed, but I've never taken the plunge. I was absolute shite at Sim City. My towns were always crime-infested rat holes.
    For those with an open mind, wonders always await! - Kilton (monster enthusiast)
  • Civ doesn't seem like it would fit with me on switch. It's usually something that gets played for about 5 hours solid at a time. Not really great for the commute to work.

Diablo though, that'll be the perfect commute game. It feels like a game that I'd always want access to so I want it digitally but I don't really want to pay 50 quid for it.
  • Physical, but it's £27.99 at Very.
  • That's a good price.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!