Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    448 pages :O

I'd bung a screenshot but for fear of spoilers.
  • game's loading, not sure if i want to see i it'll start a game before my group wake up (they're in australia)

ive seen the openining cinematic before of course but by godddd, blizzard cinematics are all kinds of gorgeous, some of the best 3D animation i've ever seen. excited. now hoping the aussies will hurry the feck up and get out of bed
  • Was really wavering on this. Now my waver is wavering.

What do I do?
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    I'm too busy moving house and won't have the internet soon... the timing is awful.
    Hopefully play Diablo III soon, so here's my battlenet tag – VastikRoot#2118
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    How does multiplayer work on this btw?

Never played a Diablo before... is it drop in/drop out style or do you have to meet in a lobby etc?
  • Why did my mac have to die : (
  • What options are available to buy this digitally? I don't want to pay 45 pounds on Battlenet.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    I'd say that's about the only option.
  • That's yr option.
  • OMG IT HAS DOWNLOADED AND I HAVE COFFEE HELLO
  • Fuck it then.

I've never been good with money.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Shit. Got a load of error 37 (server busy) last night so went to bed. Up today before 6 (don't ask...) and managed to squeeze in a quick 4 odd hour session. Sweet. Buggering. Christ.

Never played a Diablo before but I can now see why it was declared as the second coming by so many. I've seen a fair few Youtube playthoughs and had a quick crack on the beta but I have now got all the way through the first big battle as a nice simple melee Barbarian. Nothing fancy; stand and click the bastards to death. Incredibly compulsive finger-fest that simply eats time. 

Between this and Minecraft I can't see this month being too productive... If you're on the verge then just grab a copy. 

I will quickly mention that I did get dumped off the connection once in that time and noticed a bit of lag here and there. I was worried that I''d lose everything when I got dumped back to log-in and have to repeat it all but it saves pretty often and it appears that I kept all the loot I had on me anyway up to the exact point of booting. 
    I can see how it'd piss me off if I was deep down a dungeon but my initial concerns were allayed by keeping everything I had got to that point. Seems it's more a chance to go through the dungeon again and have an immediate second shot at grabbing some of those elusive rares. Bad but not as bad as I thought it could be...
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Is there any likelihood my 5 year old Macbook would run this?
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Does anyone by any chance have one of these guest pass thingies that they'd like to give me so I can try the starter? Not sure it's my thing (and I certainly can't afford it at the mo) but I'd love to give it a shot.
    XBL, iOS, Steam: metagonzo
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Got two with my copy you can have one of those if you want Meta? That will get you up to the point I've just done. Moreish... We can PM here now can't we? 

@Scout I'm running it on a bootcamped Macbook Pro from mid 2010 and it flys. It doesn't look too taxing and has  a good few options to go easier still (a menu checkbox for lower particle effects promises big savings on demands apparently)

How'd you compare to this? 

Mac Minimum System Requirements:
    Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer
    Intel® Processor
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better
    12 GB available HD space
    2 GB Ram
    DVD-ROM drive
    Broadband Internet connection
    1024X720 minimum display resolution

Mac Recommended Specifications:
    Intel® Core 2 Duo processor
    4 GB system RAM
    NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    If I could, that'd be ace.

I certainly wouldn't want to deny any rabid fans of the series. I just want a look really.
  • Yeah, we'll optimised is this.

Anyone who wants a code, I've got 2, PM away!

Isanbard, stick your B.net tag up, we need dat co-op!
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I played a few hours as a Witch Doctor last night. It's a battle to get a decent looking voodoo mask as fast as possible so he can stop looking like a molestor and start looking awesome.

Battle id be Morrisbloke#2691

And I have a pass going too if anyone needs to beg.
  • RetroGam3r
    Show networks
    Twitter
    @RetroGam3r
    PSN
    JIM-N-A
    Steam
    RetroGam3r

Send message
    I only have the started edition 30 day thing atm.Im waiting for my cash monies to show up in the bank.
    my id is:RetroGam3r#1302
    Checkout my site: www.gertlushgaming.co.uk  Friend Code: 1392-5016-6947. Town: Brizzle Name:Jim
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    metagonzo wrote:
    If I could, that'd be ace. I certainly wouldn't want to deny any rabid fans of the series. I just want a look really.

PM sent!

@Tempy sig updating with Bnet as I type...
  • isanbard wrote:
    Got two with my copy you can have one of those if you want Meta? That will get you up to the point I've just done. Moreish... We can PM here now can't we?  @Scout I'm running it on a bootcamped Macbook Pro from mid 2010 and it flys. It doesn't look too taxing and has  a good few options to go easier still (a menu checkbox for lower particle effects promises big savings on demands apparently) How'd you compare to this?    Mac Minimum System Requirements: Mac® OS X 10.5.8, 10.6.2 or newer Intel® Processor NVIDIA® GeForce® 8600M GT or ATI Radeon® X1600 or better 12 GB available HD space 2 GB Ram DVD-ROM drive Broadband Internet connection 1024X720 minimum display resolution Mac Recommended Specifications: Intel® Core 2 Duo processor 4 GB system RAM NVIDIA® GeForce® 9600M GT or ATI Radeon® HD 4670 or better
    Thanks. I certainly hit the minimum so I'd love to give it a try. Would love a code if someone wouldn't mind?
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Hmmm. Can't seem to update sig at the minute (Send up the Petey signal!!) so my Bnet is Isanbard#1145. can we bang them all in the OP?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    I'm using a huge stock of willpower I was saving for gym time in order to force myself to go grub shopping instead of finishing Act 1. I'll be on in a bit.
  • God knows I haven't been tempted, but this article on its game breaking DRM has snapped me back to my senses.
    It wasn't until I hit my thirties that I realised you could unlock rewards by exploring the map
  • Yeah, it could be an issue. It happened once to me in the mentally packed Beta but I've been playing comfortably now since 10am without any hitch (except dying due to 100+ zombies causing my PC to choke) and it seems fine.

Maybe partake in one of the free codes us guys have to dabble and see if the always on stuff is causing a problem?

Chances are RPS guy was on when tons of people were, all the hilarity over at the Diablo forums when thousands of people all tried to cram in was quite hilarious. The always on stuff is annoying but I haven't found it crippling, to be honest I've not even noticed.

@Bollockoff i'm level 10, hunting down the Skelly King, co-op?
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    YES TEMPY. I'll just finish my bagel and cuppa leek + potato soup
  • Vastik
    Show networks
    Twitter
    curiousmachine
    PSN
    Curious__Machine
    Steam
    CuriousMachine
    Wii
    Jammy

Send message
    Played this at lunch on my work computer (which unfortunately struggled a bit); fun!

Went into a cellar on the first quest and discovered a thief who I had to chase around hitting gold and items out of – just like Golden Axe!
  • metagonzo
    Show networks
    Xbox
    MetaGonzo
    Steam
    metagonzo

Send message
    Can't for the life of me get the starter version installed; it keeps telling me that I've removed the disc (digital so obviously haven't) or I need to install digitally from battle.net (which is what I'm doing). 

Couldn't see any forum threads referencing a similar problem; maybe there'll be some in a bit.
  • have had 3 drop outs so far in maybe 2-3 hours playing.

seem to keep any loot i've found, think the exp stays too, but the map returns to its fog of war state and all the spadgers i bashed before have come back to life.  was the drizzling shits the last time it happened as i was periously close to locating the marker on my minimap where i assume i would have reached a checkpoint.  infuriating as i have no interest whatsoever in online play.  also wish i could remove the social stuff from the HUD, dont want no chat windows for friends lists, cut that shit out.

fine game apart from the bullshit.  frustrating that i cant play it for no good reason!
    When you got movies like Tom Cruise in them, you can't lose
  • The maps are pretty randomly generated too so chances are you'll come across different groups and different areas.

The always on DRM is a bugger but Blizzard will never back down. I've made my peace with it, plenty of other games to play if the net fails for a day or two.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!