DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Raiziel wrote:
    isanbard wrote:
    I had the kings tat edition booked from announce but dropped it when I saw a few unboxings.. It broke even my low, low threshold for game related gumph. If they'd packed in a Mr Drippy 2.0 plushie I'd of held firm probably..  Amazon got me the boggo version today though so looking forward to getting that started this evening. I even managed to avoid getting the Game only Prince edition including the season pass as they haven't said what dlc is actually coming in it at all as far as I could find.  I had a surprising moment of clarity a few days ago.. I don't think it'll last long.
    The King’s Edition is actually pretty nice, I think.  The art book is lovely and there’s just something about having game soundtracks on vinyl (with pup-up sleeve!). The music box is also very cute.  It’s also absolutely massive, giving even Bravely Second a run for its money. Put a few hours into the game today and am really enjoying it.  New battle system is much-improved over the first game, but it’s a shame Level-5 didn’t spring for full voice acting.

Oh ay Raz.. didn't mean to gyp you at all. I would also probably still be a musicbox owner if I had any access to playing vinyl. It was just enough to tip me over the edge to halt the £100+ costs.
    The art book did look lovely too.. *sigh*
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I don’t think there are many of us playing this, are there? Who of the whole three or four of us is enjoying it so far? It takes a while to warm up (I could really do without another sewer as an opening dungeon tyvm), but once it gets going it really is good fun. And, so far, very easy. But it’s just nice to get lost in a fluffy, colourful game once in a while. It’s a bit of a looker, too. Goldpaw in particular brings to mind the vivid whimsy of Spirited Away. Again, it’s just a shame that the voice acting is used so sparingly, as what is there is fairly decent.

As old fashioned overworlds go this game has one of the best, but I really do wish jRPGs would do away with ‘em. They seem like a relic from the days when the tech just wasn’t there to build a world on the same scale. Probably down to budget again, I expect.

Finally got around to doing some of the city building yesterday. Seems quite fun, though again quite limited in scope. Kinda like a pared back version of the Dark Cloud games settlement building. In fact, with its battle system and city building this game feels like half a sequel to Dark Chronicle (one of my favourites) and half a sequel to the original Ni No Kuni.
    Get schwifty.
  • I haven't picked it up but will get it at some point. Glad you're enjoying it and will keep reading everyone's opinions!
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • I'm on chapter 4 & it's growing on me.

If I'm honest, it's probably the worse opening to a jrpg I've ever played. Not invested in any of the opening characters at all & the story is just shit, so far. Some of the main casts decisions are just baffling.

Hate the over world, the chibli style just grates. The whole graphical side of the game, is imo, a few steps down from the first.

The music, when its allowed to shine, is good, but there seems to be some looping issues with it & the VA, what little there is, is just plain poor.

The combat is ridiculously easy, but it is fast & free flowing.

There seems to be a few "tough" battles hidden away on parts of the overworld & I've read the combat does get a little tougher, so fingers crossed.

That said, I am enjoying it a bit, and even though the game has not made me care about the characters, it has made me care about the kingdom & perhaps that's the point of this game.

Will continue with it, just a shame, that it's a very poor in some areas & even though it was pushed back twice, perhaps they should of held it back again to throw a bit more tlc at the music, AI & voice work, as it's those 3 things that are letting the side down.

• Only done an hour. Hopefully get some more time tonight.
    iosGameCentre:T3hDaddy;
    XBL: MistaTeaTime
  • Bit more time on this yesterday. Agree with some of the gripes above, but I think I’m gonna like it once I get going.

It does feel like they got the work experience boy to knock up the intro using RPG maker or something. It’s pretty shit. There’s a very old skool feel about a lot of it.

The combat is refreshingly simple, I haven’t got time for grinding and shit, this feels well balanced.

Graphics are lovely.
  • Is Ollie in this?

If so definite no buy. The first was a decent jrpg but that little whinger really tarnished the experience for me.
  • Is it still turn based bullshit?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No.
    Get schwifty.
  • Hold on, is it turn based brilliance?
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No.
    Get schwifty.
  • It has turn based mediocrity?
  • I'm surprised to see this out on PC. Think I'm gonna bite.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    No half-baked, slightly better than average, over-cooked, less than stellar, almost brilliant or just shy of poor turn-based combat. It’s safe to touch.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I'm surprised to see this out on PC. Think I'm gonna bite.

It’s good fun. I haven’t been able to play since Sunday and I’m gagging to get home tomorrow and get stuck back in. Been a while since I felt like that about a game.
    Get schwifty.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    No half-baked, slightly better than average, over-cooked, less than stellar, almost brilliant or just shy of poor turn-based combat. It’s safe to touch.

But I hate anything turn based.
  • Silke
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Silke Neryn
    PSN
    Silke_Neryn
    Steam
    Silke Neryn

Send message
    I have it picked up (on PC), but Legend of Heroes: Trails of Cold Steel II and Kingdom Come: Deliverance is taking all the playtime that I have. 

Looking forward to it though.
    It's a world of truck drivers.
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Lord_Griff wrote:
    Raiziel wrote:

But I hate anything turn based.

Nobody’s perfect.
    Get schwifty.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    Now that slow trudge of an intro is out the way, and i can start building my kingdom, i'm really enjoying this. 

The real time 3rd person combat is great, and sets it apart from any RPG i've played. At first it seems too simple and easy, but the optional dungeon i did which gets harder the deeper you go was a promising sign that actual skill and nuance are required.

It's very much a Level-5 RPG with its multitude of fetch quests etc, but there are so many other distractions and things to like, you can't help but be won over by its charm.

The kingdom/economy/resource management part of it has already got me thinking about leaving my PS4 on all day, so i can come home to fat coffers. lol!
  • Curtis wrote:
    Now that slow trudge of an intro is out the way...!

How long did that take?
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    9 hours!
  • Curtis wrote:
    The kingdom/economy/resource management part of it has already got me thinking about leaving my PS4 on all day, so i can come home to fat coffers. lol!

Coffers & your stores are capped per Kingdom level unfortunately. All you would be doing is nuking your ps4s life expectancy.

20hrs & just passed the chapter 6 mark. Enjoying it more, even the story is starting to get a little interesting. Lots to do in this game, lots.

Combat is still woefully easy & lacks any challenge &, up until now, no need for any strategy ref equipment etc. Its almost a challenge when taking on things 15 levels higher than you, but a few healing items will see you through. Real shame, as its fast, fluid & looks the part ref bosses & attacks.

Army stuff, for the mo, a welcome distraction, but again, so far easy stuff.

Lost a few gripes since I last posted & I'm in for the finish.

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Glad you’re enjoying it, cindemon.  :)
    Get schwifty.
  • Yeah it's won me over. Was so close to trade-in 10hrs in, but glad I stuck with it. If I'm honest, probably being a little hard on the combat. It is easy, but enemies 5-15 levels above can be a challenge, sometimes. Great source of xp though. I've still yet to fully kit out the party in prep for a fight, I expect to at some point as the game is getting a little tougher.

Few cast thoughts...
    Spoiler:

• Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    I’unno, mun.  He’s fairly well written.  It’s true that the lack of voice acting hurts this game, though.
    Get schwifty.
  • Had a few more hours on this, finally got to the kingdom building bit. Enjoying it. Been playing it with Boy sat on my knee asking what/why about everything, he’s loving the bigger monster fights.
  • I picked it up at release on PC but it's not grabbed me yet. However, only played a few hours so it looks like it's worthwhile pushing through.
    3DS: 2105-8748-8084 Switch: SW-3316-5834-8308 PSN: aynsleyw
  • I’m still plugging away at it, 15 hours or thereabouts. Feels very Dragon Quest, including lots of British regional accents, though with only minimal voice acting. Some bits are a drag but generally it’s pretty charming.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!