Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • So, who won Helsinki?

Putin was much more alpha than Trump. Trump was just soo giddy and impressed with Putin trying to gain his favour. The wink, the buddy-buddy q&a, the laughs, the agreeing that Russia did not interfere in the us presedential elections of 2016. And of course Trump's dancing to Putin's tune because Putin essentially landed him the gig in the Oval Office. 'Thnx Vlad, I owe ye!'

Awkward, especially as Congress wants to make Trump eat those words. And Trump is very aware of Congress' power. That's why he's rapidly shifting colours at the moment; like a chameleon caught under a disco strobe. Entertaining yet a bit sad to watch.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Fox: Hey Trump, why should we send our kids to defend [NATO member] Montenegro
    Trump: Yeah, good point. Aggressive sods will have us involved in World War Three before long.

The absolute fuck? Seriously undermining Article 5, which is basically the stupidest thing he could do right now.
  • Lol, Trump wants to get rid of NATO.

'It's just red tape, who wants to die for Monte Negro? Besides, Putin's with me......I mean us!'

'Why are we not selling weapons to the EU and NATO again?'
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    His attempt at backpedaling is funny. He just forgot the word not. As if that explains all the rest of his pandering and deflecting. He's like the school bully trying to sidle up to the actual tough kid.
  • Kow wrote:
    He's like the school bully trying to sidle up to the actual tough kid.

Perfect analogy.
  • Trump has completely sold out the US to Putin in Helsinki after Russia's election meddling, which Trump has now officially admitted to (whatever that's worth?). How much more evidence from Mueller do people want? He's even offered Monte Negro to Putin on a silver platter lol.

This is exactly why a billionaire with deep financial ties to Russia should not be President of the US. Conflicts of interests etc.
  • GOP suddenly realised that horse they backed hoping to make them rich would actually have been better being a donkey.
    The shit they have the press secretary saying is laughable and yet May is sticking by him, because the UK looking like a joke is apparently ok as long as we sell out for trade deals.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • Our chickens aren't going to chlorinate themselves.
  • Putin's going to the white house.

AAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Might as well, since he owns it now.
  • Beyond dystopian satire.
    But I guess the man deserves a tour of the White House now that he has the Potus in his pocket.Putin's Oligarchy now officialy extends and includes the Potus. Mission accomplished?

Congres should be very worried by now.
    Unless they don't care for democratic tradition and aren't opposed to the idea of the US becoming an olgarchy in and of itsself?

That's when US citizens really should start assuming the worst. Democracy hijacked.
  • https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-44906898

Could be huge, this could be it, i think we’re finally there, I can feel it....!!!!

Or yet again, nothing. The guy could have kicked the queen up the arse and it’d make no difference.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    There are more tapes too, apparently.
  • Only the Piss Tape will do.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    He'll say it doesn't count / deny it / say it doesn't price anything happens / deny saying he hasn't said he hasn't talked about it / etc etc

Has he obstructed justice? Will this be impeachment? If not (and I doubt it will be), he ain't walking, cos those ruskies won't let him.

Won't be fun to hear the tape though, and whatever wise got recorded.
  • So, is there a new axis of evil undermining the existence, the rule and integrity of democracy itsself?
    The US and Russia working in tandem to establish an international neo right oligarch model, whatever the risk at any cost? It suuurre seems that way after Helsinki.

#Beyond tinfoil hat conspiracy
  • Putin has just got dirt on Trump and is milking it for as much as it’s worth. Whether that’s from the US election interference or Piss Tape, who knows. Putin wants people to know this is true. Or even if it isn’t he wants them to think it is. Trump doesn’t know what he wants or what he’s doing or how he got here or what an oligarch is.
  • @monkey
    That is a best case scenario indeed but the problem in that scenario is Trump gets absolved of any wrongdoing because he's basically a clown, a clueless buffoon who cannot help himself. While likely to be partially correct it is not the full picture.

Worst case scenario: Trump isn't a clueless buffoon but a narcissistic pathological liar with sociopathic tendencies who truly doesn't care for democracy, government and the rule of law. He's a conman entrepreneur who lives and thrives by his legal loopholes and winning the presidency is his greatest con yet. Trump was easily recruited by Putin as the oligarch concept comes natural to him as a perceived self-made billionaire. It neatly fits within the Ayn Rand brand of conservatism Trump adheres to. Putin probably does have Kompromat on Trump but Trump isn't fully aware of what it is.
    The con has worked out so far, can they push it any further without Congress flipping out? Mueller might be a problem but as long as Congress has Trump's back chances are he'll be allowed to finish his term regardless the outcome. Can he seduce Congress to back his brand of oligarchy in the US?

Also:
    https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2018/jul/21/steve-bannon-plans-foundation-to-fuel-far-right-in-europe

Taking out the NATO and EU, one state at a time, with Trump's blessing no doubt. From the US with love?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    This quote has been gaining traction on social media and running around my head recently:
    David Frum wrote:
    If conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they will not abandon conservatism. They will reject democracy.
  • Excerpt from the Guardian article.
    Guess which country he's boasting about.
    He (Bannon) told the Daily Beast: “When they told me the spending cap was £7m, I go: ‘You mean £70m? What the fuck?!’ £7m doesn’t buy anything. It doesn’t buy you Facebook data, it doesn’t buy you ads, it doesn’t do anything. Dude! You just took the fifth-largest economy in the world out of the EU for £7m!”
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    £7.675m
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    But yeah quotes like that make me so proud of our voting public
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    WELL DONE FOR BEING MANIPULATED LADS. NAILED IT.
  • “But they had numbers on a bus! It looked so REAL!”
  • Imagine what £70m of propaganda budget would've done to the country.
    Everyone would be a raving brexiteer!

By the by, that's £7m on top of the £15m Mercer and Bannon already spent on developing the fb/CA propaganda targeting contraption used during Brexit. 'Beat that lefties!'
  • I don’t know how Bannon thinks this country works but 70% of over 65s didn’t vote Leave because of a single organisations twitter budget over a 7 week period.
  • But Monkey, that doesn't fit the narrative that this is a new right-wing sneaky data-driven attack including foreign actors who have stolen the election and ruined democracy, rather than the culmination of decades of euro-sceptic reporting together with the rise of the most effective political party we've arguably ever seen, ending with possibly the most successful democratic exercise we've had in a generation.
  • I've given up on humans and so should everyone else.
  • WorKid wrote:
    But Monkey, that doesn't fit the narrative that this is a new right-wing sneaky data-driven attack including foreign actors who have stolen the election and ruined democracy, rather than the culmination of decades of euro-sceptic reporting together with the rise of the most effective political party we've arguably ever seen, ending with possibly the most successful democratic exercise we've had in a generation.

It's the best of both worlds?
    One narrative does not exclude the other. It's and/and, not either/or.

The internet campaign and tabloid campaign probably fed of one another driving change in public opinion simultanously, amplifying one another's effect in synergetic fashion.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!