Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Tempy wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Terrible. Poor guy. The absolute lack of humanity in these people is sickening.
    At the same time, it really shouldn't be possible to hoax call a state death squad to some poor sod's house. You'd think there'd be a minimum level of verification after the first time it happened. But America, I guess.
  • Just watching 9/11 102 Minutes that Changed America.

The title I think is spot on as there is definitely a pre and post 9/11 America.
    A thought occured to me that this next Presidential election will be the first where people can vote who have only ever known the post 9/11 America.
  • JonB wrote:
    Tempy wrote:
    b0r1s wrote:
    Terrible. Poor guy. The absolute lack of humanity in these people is sickening.
    At the same time, it really shouldn't be possible to hoax call a state death squad to some poor sod's house. You'd think there'd be a minimum level of verification after the first time it happened. But America, I guess.

Didn't read the full thing but it struck me odd that they shot the guy immediately upon leaving his house. That seems far too heavy handed.

I hate to ask but was the victim black?
    SFV - reddave360
  • White, maybe a bit Latin.
    Google image search Andrew Finch, he is the first few pics that come up.

If I am remembering rightly from when this was first reported he went to pull up the rear of his trousers. SWAT thought he was reaching for a gun.
    Problem is that America is a society where that is a likely scenario at any point, let alone during a potential hostage situation.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Listen to Malcom Gladwell's Revisionist History podcast, s4 e7 "Decend into the Particular" for another perspective on police shootings.

• acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    So we might get too see Trump's tax returns at last?
    Spoiler:
  • Lol yeah. Never going to happen... Because there are too many people in powerful positions who don't want trump gone
    I'm falling apart to songs about hips and hearts...
  • Lib Dem leader (I forget her name) attacking Corbyn and pretty much only Corbyn. Tells you all you need to know. Never mind that stealing votes away from labour will guarantee a harsh brexit. They don't care. They want to hoover up the resentment vote afterwards.

Edit - Jo Swinson.
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Yup. Repeated liar. Keeps repeating the idea that Labour = brexit, even though they've said people's vote. Every time she gets pulled up on her voting records, says "we could have done better..."

True snake. Awful human. Shameless.
  • Lib Dem’s are the most unprincipled party, ever. Literally anyone can join, regardless of their politics. They’re not a political party, they some sort of shit social club.
  • Two words. 

Orange

Book
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    They're not as bad as the Tories. Surely?
  • A vote for them is a vote for Tory Brexit, so yes, just as bad.

Philip Lee joined them. Look at his record.

I can't wait for Amber Rudd to join them. The emperor will truly be naked
  • This is in the wrong thread, but I think they are worse because at least with Tories you know they are going to be awful up front. The Lib Dems front that they're progressive.
  • Oh yeah my bad
  • Bil de Blasio has finially dropped out of the running.

Also, the absolute state of this article. (emphasis mine)

There are -- still! -- 20 candidates running for the Democratic presidential nomination. But, at the moment, it looks like a two-horse race.

Those two are former Vice President Joe Biden and Massachusetts Sen. Elizabeth Warren who, in a series of recent polls, increasingly appear to be separating themselves from the rest of the field.

Biden is averaging 28.8% in the Real Clear Politics polling average of all national surveys, while Warren is at 18.3% -- almost 2 points clear of Vermont Sen. Bernie Sanders (16.5%).

Warren has been on the rise for several months now, buoyed by massive crowds at her events, positive press coverage of her various policy proposals and solid performances in the first three debates.

Meanwhile, Biden has been under siege -- facing questions about his past record, his age, etc. -- almost since he entered the race. Still, his numbers have remained strikingly resilient.

There is obviously still time for other candidates to challenge this top two. (Keep an eye on Pete Buttigieg, the mayor of South Bend, Indiana, who may be a sleeper pick to win the Iowa caucuses.) But, for the moment, it's Biden, Warren and then everyone else.

Sanders is 2 points behind Warren, yet it's a 2 horse race? It's worth noting in the source they use Sanders was ahead of Warren as recently as 5 days ago.

Also, It's a 2 horse race, but watch out for the guy over 10 points behind Sanders!
  • The sheer effort they go to to ignore, disregard or belittle Bernie is quite funny.

Also, does Joe Biden have dementia? Every time I see/hear him it’s like listening to Abe Simpson unleashing a string of rambling, unconnected anecdotes and faint memories.
  • It's all about dividing people, it's disgusting
  • Back in the 2012 build up, they did the same to Ron Paul. Although he was often a close third and getting decent support at debates, the press wanted one from the likes of mitt Romney, Michelle Bachmann and Rick Perry.
    SFV - reddave360
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    BBC reporting it too. I guess the Ukraine shit was the tipping point.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s about fucking time.
  • Time for nothing of consequence to transpire, again.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    It’s worthwhile dragging this shit into public view. It’s worthwhile to make senators like Collins and Murkowski actually have to publicly declare where they stand on the question of Trump’s presidency. It’s worthwhile telling Trump that he can’t expect to get away with anything with zero consequences, especially with an election looming. It’s worthwhile to take a stand.
  • It feels like every week there is some news like 'wow he will definitely be impeached now.' And then it doesn't happen. I am completely ignorant here, i don't even know what impeached means, but as a layman, that just makes me ignore it now and think, well, he obviously has more power than anybody would like to admit. That's my impression based on 0 fact. Unfortunately, the majority of people probably also have 0 facts. Wouldn't it be sensible to stop crying wolf?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Impeachment here means official enquiries, public testimony, evidence being put into the public domain. It seems unlikely that it will remove him from office (18, or somewhere around that, Republican senators would have to go along with this to do that), but the public enquiries are unlikely to do him any favours.
  • Ah, see i actually thought it meant, roughly speaking, removed from office, or at least that was the end goal. Makes more sense now. I could have just spent 3 minutes Googling couldn't I. But i guess my point is still similar, there are probably others like me who don't. And the news just seems more and more disheartening when coming from that position of ignorance.
  • Brooks wrote:
    Time for nothing of consequence to transpire, again.

• Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Not doing anything would reinforce Trump’s belief that he can get away with anything. The simple fact of denting that may be enough to prevent some shit like him trying to gain help to pervert the course of the 2020 election.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Djornson wrote:
    Ah, see i actually thought it meant, roughly speaking, removed from office, or at least that was the end goal. Makes more sense now. I could have just spent 3 minutes Googling couldn't I. But i guess my point is still similar, there are probably others like me who don't. And the news just seems more and more disheartening when coming from that position of ignorance.

They are starting impeachment proceedings, which means investigating him. At the end of the investigation Congress votes on whether to impeach him or not. They won't because there are too many Republicans. But the investigation will be public record, so might do the dems a favour in the 2020 election.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!