Politics of the Free - It’s because Democrats, stupid.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Imagine owning a system that helps a dunderhead become president and then running against that president at the very next election.

Disgusting.

Presumably he'll have to sell Facebook though.

Presidents divesting themselves of their business interests is so 2015.
  • Oh man he even set up the perfect guy to break the mandatory nature of conflict of interest stuff.

Also all the shady stuff is gonna be exposed by trump so basically a manual of "how not to be caught doing shady shit" will be written for him by the FBI.

Simply fabulous.
  • Yeah it's considered old fashioned now to distance yourself from your billion dollar imperium when running for president. Why not make as much money as you can while at the top? Screw public interest, gotta get ridda all that red tape hindering your business and free market spirit!

Use facebook exclusively for targeted propaganda and bam!
    Suddenly you are president of the USofA.

The sky is the limit.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Tomorrow Never Dies is a disappointing Bond.
  • The Mayans, Nostradamus, all major religions, Hollywood.
    None of them, not one of them ever predicted that the world would end with two idiots calling each other poo poo heads.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Kubrick was kinda right.

About the gorillas, anyway.
  • Donald Trump seems to be on a rage against everything that starts with the letter n this week. North Korea, Nambia (whatever that is) NBA, NFL and he would probably also use the other n word given he is such a racist. 

So as we all know O comes next, it's safe to say Obama will poll highly. Any bets on what other O's get singled out?
    "Sometimes it's better to light a flamethrower than curse the darkness." ― Terry Pratchett
  • Origami (the damn japanese are too busy folding paper to help in war against NK! Sad!)
    Oranges (for having the audacity to share his unique personal colour branding) 
    Ohio (gotta piss off the Rust Belt after getting all their votes
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    Open Brackets (for not bothering to autoclose)
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Onanists (for being wankers)
  • Sorry, I know the conversationation was a few days ago, but I’ve only just read it; @Yossarian How is one tweet with a link to a blog post harder to share than umpteen tweets, each with one umpteenth of an argument in them?
  • Clicking on a blog post takes you to a new website, clicking on a tweet/thread header is much faster and still has all the info banded together so no more clicks are required (if done properly)
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Pretty much. Plus if you’re on Twitter, retweeting is far more trivial than copying and pasting a URL. People are more likely to read more of it too as there’s already a point drawn from it in front of them.
  • Clicking on a blog post takes you to a new website, clicking on a tweet/thread header is much faster and still has all the info banded together so no more clicks are required (if done properly)

This is not my experience of any of the linked Abrahamson ones.
  • What about in when done properly?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Pretty much. Plus if you’re on Twitter, retweeting is far more trivial than copying and pasting a URL. People are more likely to read more of it too as there’s already a point drawn from it in front of them.

You don’t need to copy and paste anything. You retweet the tweet containing the link the same way as you’d retweet anything. You’ve also got the added bonus of your readers being able to read your argument without the later points being derailed by others responses. For all that it does quick and easy, Twitter is fucking rubbish at displaying branching threads.

It’s also not difficult to have that original tweet make the introductory point that draws people in.
  • hahaha
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Andy wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:

You don’t need to copy and paste anything. You retweet the tweet containing the link the same way as you’d retweet anything. You’ve also got the added bonus of your readers being able to read your argument without the later points being derailed by others responses. For all that it does quick and easy, Twitter is fucking rubbish at displaying branching threads.

It’s also not difficult to have that original tweet make the introductory point that draws people in.

The derailing tweets can be an issue, that’s why I normally link the last tweet and tell people to scroll up, that usually puts it all together.

And the original author might make that original tweet make an interesting point, but people for people who’ve stumbled across the thread from another source, they would have to pull out and format an interesting point themselves which becomes a barrier to sharing.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    https://twitter.com/kylegriffin1/status/912734895440629760?s=09

According to Trump Puerto Rico is an island in an ocean, a big ocean. Who knew?
  • Normally the nfl show on BBC is a fun watch. Caught up with last night's show when I got home tonight. The first 10-15 minutes were dedicated to the reaction of the nfl club owners and players to Trump's message about kneeling during the national anthem. (Basically players should be fired for disrespecting the flag and those who have given their lives for USA).

Back in the studio when Mark Chapman was talking to Jason Bell and Osi (American ex-players and now pundits) the seriousness of the situation in the USA came across so very strongly and it was a very difficult watch. As they explained why black nfl players are kneeling during the national anthem and how racial inequality in modern day America is such a taboo subject. That the movement which was started by 49ers nfl quarter back colin kapernick (who has lost everything since and is unemployed). Is not about disrespecting the soldiers who have served and given their lives or the flag itself, but a protest that they are human beings and should be treated as such. It was quite moving.
  • Yeah I watched a clip of that.
    He summed up perfectly what I have been thinking about the whole situation.

The first amendment includes the right to peaceful protest. The anthem is the flag, is the constitution.

Then again it isn't the first instance of Americans hiding behind the flag while ignoring the values the nation was supposed to be built on.
    What is Trump but a modern version of royalty?
  • The whole thing is fucking insane, trotting out the whole "disrespect to the dead" thing is the absolutist bullshit. There are many things you shouldn't do with the flag, which is not limited to using it in advertising or as a design for clothing. I don't know much about the NFL either but from what I read they didn't even start bothering with all the flag bothering until 2009 either. The whole thing makes me irrationally mad.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Defend the freedom of nazis to protest but not black football players. That's fair.
  • Won't somebody think of the fabric rectangles!
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    The kneeling was adopted by Kapernick so as not to disrespect the flag, which many felt he was doing when he used to sit down previously
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!