Brexit: Boris' Big Belgian Bangers
  • I will never be able to afford a home and im fucking bitter about it. There isnt a single day that passes without me thinking about it, usually multiple times per day. I will spend the rest of my life in shared accommodation, and likely never be in a position to afford a family. Any system which cant afford those things to people in the lower wage brackets is fundamentally broken. The fact these things are off limits really fucks with my sanity; it cripples my sense of self-worth.

You and others are perfect candidates for a new martial order. It might not lure you in, but will many others. It's happened before
    Don't wank. Zinc in your sperms
  • Agreed, crash is imminent unless Brexit is halted. Brexiteer right doesn't care though as they likely have access to off shore accounts (Switzerland, Cayman's etc.) and are counting on a crash. Remember, they instigated this shit just to create financial opportunity and gain.

Corbyn and Labour don't fare any better by refusing to do their civic duty playing opposition. They should be calling for a 2nd ref, not chasing some wild unattainable Brexit fantasy.
    Steam: Ruffnekk
    Windows Live: mr of unlocking
    Fightcade2: mrofunlocking
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    Yep, and secure tenancies are not normal in the UK, or at least not in my adult life..

Vote for a party, and support a leadership of that party, that supports rent and tenancy reform and social housing.

I do vote for such a party, despite my misgivings about its leadership.

Clearly the answer is to get a leader who is going to go for "more of the same" or "here is an interest free loan for five years after which you will get clobbered, on top of your student debt which you are still paying off, barely eating into the principal because we charge you 6.5% interest.

I know I seem to be having a go, but we are grown ups here. Policy matters. We should see the woods for the trees. The mcDonbell / Corbo wing of labour is the only one which aims to make policy which will help the vast majority of you.

I support the policies outside of Brexit (which is a pretty big one, TBH), and I don’t have any interest in getting a leader who is offering more of the same.
  • So the letters have been published and verdict is in.
    May achieved fuck all since delaying the vote.
  • No, she achieved running down the clock.
  • No, she achieved running down the clock.

That does seem to have been the intention.
  • Good job Grieve forced the Plan B deadline.
    Then with the EU stating Art.50 can be extended it has all but ruined her plan.
  • LivDiv wrote:
    My concern over a large scale housing crash is the young people who signed up to 95% mortgages.
    5% isn't much of a buffer and the first few years you mostly pay interest.
    In fact, whack the interest on, plus fees and most of that deposit is eaten up again.

It wouldn't take much for those folk to end up in negative equity. If people then lose their jobs things get really bad really fast.
    Could end up with a generation who got fucked trying to get on the ladder then fucked again having the house repossessed AND owing money still.

Likewise those with Help to Buy loans. These could be time bombs that never get paid back, like large student loans.

They will all be in negative equity. When they lose their jobs and are forced to sell, that will precipitate /exacerbate a crash. Banks's security will be substantially less than anticipated. Depending on how confident you are about their capitalisation, they will either become very conservative with lending, or they will fail.

Which is why I posed the question to Yoss. Say that 300k 1 bed in London goes down to 200k - a massive price reduction (particularly given that the pound will have massively devalued on top). You earn 35k and can get, say 4 times that lent. Have you got the remaining 30k to put it up, if you are fortunate in still having a job?

A price crash is a false comfort

Pretty much what happened in Ireland. After the crash prices did fall but the cost of everything else had to go up along with wages and jobs dropping (or stagnent) we got our house just before the crash. Initially it looked like we made the wrong call but while the first year so some make a better purchase, since then rent has sky rocketed along with banks lending less and needing more. There are also too many landlords using housing as investment and the air b and b model gives great return ahead of renting out. It's all played a part in a pretty dire homeless scene.
    SFV - reddave360
  • https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/26/how-will-your-mp-vote-on-theresa-mays-brexit-deal
    May to lose the vote.
    423 to 216 according to the Guardian using logical methodology.
  • That’s nice to see, but I no longer trust logic when it comes to British (or American) politics.
  • It'll be a little closer I suspect, as some will bottle it as per Gonzo's arguments. But given that she'll definitely lose, it's a free hit for most.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I think that the only open question here is whether or not it will be the biggest commons defeat for the government in history, which looks likely at the moment.

IIRC, the current record holder is ~165 against the gov’t.
  • She does like setting records.
  • She's lost another one as Gareth Johnson resigns.

Raab apparently laying down a manifesto.
    I told you lot months ago the handsy nut job wants to be PM. 
    His unique ability against his potential leadership competition of not looking like a Bash Street kid will probably see him through.
  • There was a nice hopeful piece by Sadiq Khan in yesterday’s Observer, where he talks about how to campaign for remain if we get to hold a second referendum. Shame he (and others) didn’t think of this first time around, eh?
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    The state of this:

Nick Ferrari to Boris Johnson: "I would suggest he [the Chief Executive of Land Rover] knows more about car manufacturing than you do"

Boris Johnson: "Interesting point. I'm not certain he does."

https://twitter.com/ShehabKhan/status/1084730347051470849
  • To be fair, maybe he's driven a 2017 Range Rover.
  • Sums up the arrogance born of entitlement and privilege perfectly, doesn’t it?
  • Yossarian wrote:
    The state of this:

Nick Ferrari to Boris Johnson: "I would suggest he [the Chief Executive of Land Rover] knows more about car manufacturing than you do"

I hope the interviewer gave him plenty of shit on this and didn't let him away with it.

Sadly arrogance isn't just the space of political twits. I knew an arrogant fuck of a waiter who tried to tell another waiter about the waiting / restaurant scene in Greece despite never working there. When when other pointed out he was wrong and that the other waiter routinely worked the Greek isles every summer , the other guy still wouldn't accept he was wrong.

How our species has gotten as far as it has is a mystery to me sometimes.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Boris wasn't ever qualified to do the jobs he actually had (mayor, Foreign Secretary) but clearly in his own mind he could do anything he chose to.
  • He is excellent at being a prime Tory tosser, I'll give him that.
    SFV - reddave360
  • Kate Hoey, the Labour Brexiter, asks May to state categorically that the UK will be leaving on 29 March. May says the UK will be leaving then.

Can Kate Hoey seriously just fuck off.
    May answers that exact question ten times an hour, she answers that question when asked totally different questions.
    She answers that question like a tourette's tic.

Hoey is supposed to represent Vauxhall, they voted 77% to remain.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    What a question (from the G’s politics live blog):

Charlie Elphicke, the Conservative, asks May to confirm that leaving the EU with no deal would not be the end of the world.

What’s the follow up? Can you also confirm that a no deal Brexit won’t cause the sun to supernova and take out the whole solar system? That it won’t cause the heat-death of the universe?
  • May should have just doubled down and said "yes, without a shadow of a doubt"
    SFV - reddave360
  • RedDave2 wrote:
    Yossarian wrote:
    The state of this:

I hope the interviewer gave him plenty of shit on this and didn't let him away with it.

Nick Ferrari is a conservative, leave voting cunt of the highest order. He describes himself as a reluctant leaver whatever the roflfuck that even means. His radio show is giving me cancer but I can't stop myself tuning in to hear his out of touch wealthy white guy take on current events for a laugh/cry and the opinions of fellow cunts from the public who ring in to chat absolute bollocks about the left, or snowflakes, or pc gone mad, or brexit, or transgender rape threats in womens changing spaces/toilets, or anti Islam rhetoric, or pro trump stances.

He used to have Boris on his show when he was the mayor for half an hour each week to take calls from the public and he was soft as shit with him. He barely pulled him up on his bullshit today when he came out with it and only then because the gaff was so blatant he couldn't just pass it off as lol boris wot u like eh?

Edit: Nick Ferrari was also an editor at the News of the World or the Sun iirc and also Live TV, he is a fully paid up member of the tabloid wanker journo brigade.

"Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • Bill Wiggin, a Conservative, asks May if she can assure him that she will continue to carry on with “British grit” if she loses the vote tomorrow.

What the fuck are these "questions"?
  • BULLDOG SPIRIT LIV. SPIRIT OF 66. 2 WORLD WARS AND 1 WORLD CUP.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • *head slowly morphs into gammon joint*
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Our politicians seem to be genuinely losing their minds:

Brexiteer Conservative MP Desmond Swayne calls on Theresa May to suspend parliament until April in order to "guarantee Brexit."

https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1084861993318793219
  • Roujin wrote:
    BULLDOG SPIRIT LIV. SPIRIT OF 66. 2 WORLD WARS AND 1 WORLD CUP.

In the queue at the Greggs today and my 105 year old mother saw the Vegan Sausage rolls at the counter and said "Theresa may will continue to have "british grit" regardless of what the EU bureaucrats do, and we'll get our Brexit and they'll get rid of these horrible EU mandated Vegan foods!" the whole store erupted into cheers.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!