Dirt Souls/Rally
‹ Previous123456722
  • Here we go.

DiRT Rally is the most authentic, challenging and thrilling rally game ever made, road-tested over 80 million miles by the DiRT community. It captures the essence of what makes rally unique like no other game: that white knuckle feeling of racing on the edge; trying to remain in control of your emotions as you hurtle along dangerous, undulating roads at breakneck speed, aiming to squeeze everything out of your car whilst knowing that one crash could irreparably harm your stage time.

It’s the ultimate test of a driver’s skill, and the ultimate in high risk, high reward gameplay.

Challenging, uncompromising handling model

To take off-road racing to a level of realism not reached before, Codemasters has completely rebuilt the physical simulation for DIRT Rally. To adequately capture how it feels to race across changing surfaces, the Codemasters team has created brand new models for differential, suspension, engine mapping and turbo modelling. Codemasters has also modelled the way in which loose surfaces collect under the wheels during lateral sliding, creating a completely new feel to sliding around corners. This new physical simulation conveys the character of the compelling selection of cars as well as conveying the nuances of the game’s high fidelity racing surfaces.

Team Management

Hire and fire your crew members each of whom which will have different skills, improving repair times for different parts of the car. Teach them new skills as they gain experience and work together as a team to improve your performance in events

Iconic Rally Cars

Rally is about having the right tools, the right strategy and the right team. DiRT Rally has all of those. It boasts 39 of the most iconic and relevant cars from yesteryear through to modern day, representing the cars that the players want, and the ones that make the most sense for the surfaces they race on.

Six Massive Rallies with Over 70 Stages

Winding paths through forests, death defying drops off hillsides and narrow mountain paths are what this is all about; it’s you and your car versus the road ahead. Head to the muddy paths of Wales, the dusty trails of Greece and the icy tarmac of Monte Carlo. Take on the legendary hillclimb of Pikes Peak, the snowy thrills of Sweden, and the epic scenery of Finland. DiRT Rally has the iconic locations to test your nerve and delight your senses.

278x-1

278x-1

278x-1

Well then.

I'm easily day one'ing this beast. Thread for hype, times, videos etc. Let's do it.
  • It's currently £29.50 on the South Africa store.  I may exercise my right for diplomatic immunity and buy it from there.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    But, but, but... Your blick!
  • I've pre ordered from Amazon for ps4.
    I like to think I'm a CAN DO kind of guy...
    And the number of cans I can normally do is 12.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    I've nothing to play it on, but it looks pretty wizard.
  • Tempted.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • Olimite
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Olimite
    Xbox
    Olimite
    PSN
    Olimite Too
    Steam
    ceequeue

Send message
    I like rally games but haven't bought one for a long time. Good word of mouth might sway me.
  • I'm going for Bone, disc. Work will be stocking the "Legend" edition.

dirt_rally_legend_edition.jpg

All about that doc. Also, that first vid in the Op details Pikes Peak. It's got FULL GRAVEL DEFORMATION. Praise be.
  • I've managed a couple of goes on the PC. It seems like everything you want it to be. Like the original Colin McRae Dirt 1, with added bells on and no bullshit. Buy, buy, buy.
  • Kow
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Kowdown
    Xbox
    Kowdown
    PSN
    Kowdown
    Steam
    Kowdown

Send message
    Another game to buy and never play. Count me maybe in.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    R5; 205; Kadett... I love that era.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Does the Xbox 360 wheel work on PC? If it does I'm all in.
  • Under "Supported Peripherals" on the official site.
    Fanatec Clubsport Wheel
    Fanatec CSR Elite Wheel
    Fanatec Porsche 911 Carrera
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT2 Wheel
    Fanatec Porsche 911 GT3 RS V2 Wheel
    Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo S Wheel
    Fanatec Porsche 911 Turbo Wheel
    Generic Keyboard
    Logitech Cordless RumblePad 2 USB
    Logitech Driving Force EX
    Logitech Driving Force GT
    Logitech Driving Force Pro
    Logitech Dual Action Gamepad
    Logitech F710 Wireless Gamepad
    Logitech G25
    Logitech G27
    Logitech G29
    Logitech G920
    Logitech MOMO Racing Wheel
    Logitech Rumble Gamepad F510
    Logitech RumblePad 2 USB
    Microsoft Sidewinder Force Feedback Wheel
    Microsoft Wireless Xbox 360 Racing Wheel
    Official Xbox 360 Wired Pad
    Official Xbox 360 Wireless Pad
    SimSteering
    SimXperience AccuForce Pro
    SPEEDLINK Strike FX Gamepad
    Thrustmaster Dual Trigger 3-in-1
    Thrustmaster F430 Force Feedback Racing Wheel
    Thrustmaster Ferrari GT Experience Racing Wheel
    Thrustmaster RGT FF Pro
    Thrustmaster T500 RS F1 Racing Wheel
    Thrustmaster T500 RS Racing Wheel
    Thrustmaster TX
    Thurstmaster T300 RS
    Xbox Wireless Speed Wheel

Doesn't denote which wheels on which format though.
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    Cheers gav. Not sure what the official name of it is. Hopefully it's on that list though.
  • Im tempted to buy this just as a vote of support for a proper rally game. Hopefully some day i'll have something to play it on.
  • Escape
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Futurscapes
    Xbox
    Futurscape
    PSN
    Futurscape
    Steam
    Futurscape

Send message
    Buy me a copy and we'll pretend to play it together.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    My main thoughts on this can be summarised as "meh". I've occasionally enjoyed a rally game but just don't think if can be arsed.
  • Im in on the Bone. Gotta be a good game for some time trialing across formats maybes?
    Live, PSN & WiiU: Yippeekiyey
  • Don't forget private lobbies for the rallycross.
    GT: WEBBIN5 - A life in formats: Sinclair ZX81>Amstrad CPC 6128>Amiga 500>Sega Megadrive>PC>PlayStation 2>Xbox>DS Lite>Xbox 360>Xbox One>Xbox One X>Xbox Series X>Oculus Quest 2
  • GooberTheHat
    Show networks
    Twitter
    GooberTheHat
    Xbox
    GooberTheHat
    Steam
    GooberTheHat

Send message
    X platform leaderboards? What do you reckon?
  • Have there not been several Dirty Rally games before this?

At first glance this looked like a thread that had been bumped.
  • The Dirt games got progressively further away from pure point to point rallying and more about gymkhana stuff, truck driving and other nonsense targeted at the American market. They still had the bones of a decent game in there but got a bit unplayable (imo) with attention deficit disorder as it swung from event to event. I don't think they caught on with the Yanks in the way they were hoping and they ended up alienating a lot of the original fanbase.
  • FranticPea
    Show networks
    Xbox
    FranticPea
    PSN
    FranticPea
    Steam
    FranticPea

Send message
    Rally events on Dirt 3 were superb. Lovely handling and nice mix of cars and tracks. I said at the time I'd buy a full game of just that.

The upload to YouTube was great at the time too.

• Im in on ps4 day 1.
    Will miss out on that mcrae doco though wich will hurt, hope i can get it elsewhere.
  • It's really really good, properly difficult too. This guy makes it look like a piece of piss -

I'm not sure if the Leagues stuff will work cross-platform, but we will definitely have to sort out some forum time trialing.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    Escape wrote:
    Buy me a copy and we'll pretend to play it together.

I'm guessing that 'multiplayer' with one person on an additional screen, or watching the other's feed, and reading them pace notes doesn't exist? It could be like a separate rhythm-action game...
  • We can hope. I suggested that on maroon room a while back.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • jdanielp
    Show networks
    Facebook
    jdanielp
    Twitter
    jdanielp
    Xbox
    jdanielp
    PSN
    jdanielp_uk
    Steam
    jdanielp_uk

Send message
    A dual driver, co-driver VR setup could be nice with the co-driver reading notes off their 'notepad'. That would still work quite well with just the driver in VR and the co-driver reading notes off another screen.
  • EG review.  This is going to have to get bought.
  • Yup, just read that. When is it out?
    Come with g if you want to live...
‹ Previous123456722

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!