myHighnessOne
    Xbox
    SU SPRIET
    PSN
    myHighness
    Steam
    myHighness

Send message
    French Press & Kanis en Gunnink coffee. Sometimes with an extra glass of water, I like that after a cup of coffee.

Always looking forward to my days off, so I'll have some proper coffee. I don't think what the work coffee machine thinks is coffee, actually is.
  • Yeah I love that little coffee store, not exchange I think that's what my dad used to in incorrectly call it (he did a lot of that, I'll never know how much deliberately). Anyway that place brings back a lot of memories, the coffee atmosphere that you inhale when you go in and the ancient pots and tubs stacked sky high.

Tempy, when I'm out of beans i have a vacuum packed silver/red packet of Lavazza on standby. It's ready ground for your pot, just fill the bottom with cold water, not too much, pack in your coffee to the inner chamber, lightly or it takes forever, screw on top and put on high heat till you hear bubbles. I heat up a little mik till just before boiling and pour that on the coffee. Keeps her warmer, and makes her longer.

• Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    I've got a Baby Gaggia similar to G's and honestly, it hasn't turned out that well.

It takes a while (circa 15 minutes) to get the water up to temperature from cold, so you're faced with either leaving it on heating all the time so it's ready to go when you want or standing around waiting.

And even then it comes out not hot enough for my liking. I've resorted to warming the milk in the microwave before poring in lest it cool it too much. Even then I normally have to give the whole lot a quick blast in the microwave to get it heated up. I don't even like my coffee boiling hot.

The coffee it produces is very very good. I use the Costa stuff because I like it.

When all is said and done though I think I do wish I'd have gone for an instant on Nespresso or Tassimo machine, I know it's more expensive per cup but I don't consume enough to make the savings on the espresso machine, especially given how much of a faff it is.

Horses for courses but if like me you fancy the occasional posh coffee not a constant stream of them that's the way I'd go.
  • Yeah, good coffee machines are not for those in any sort of hurry.

regards

g.man
    Come with g if you want to live...
  • Show networks
    Twitter
    theubermod
    Xbox
    Mod74
    Steam
    Mod74
    Wii
    Not Wii - 3DS: 0146-8922-2426

Send message
    As for tea, I have a dedicated man hand deliver it to my door each fortnight because fuck yeah.

Good stuff it is too, and I knows my chai.
  • Typically I drink enough tea in a day to drown a horse. Can't get started in the morning without it. Coffee usually makes me feel ill, but once in a blue moon I'll crave a wee pot, in which case it's...

51-s7GD%2BKOL.jpg

Brewed in my dad's old rickety coffee pot, which leaks from the handle and scalds your hands 9 times out of 10.
  • Lavazza Rossa's great with a moka pot, I only switched to Illy when I got my espresso machine. Speaking of which, cracking the ring pull on a can of Illy is one of the best sounds.
  • ...cracking the ring pull on a can of Illy is one of the best sounds.

YES!
  • I've got a fresh can for tomorrow. I shall savour the opening of it :).
  • My new espresso machine finally arrived today. I shall not be sleeping much tonight.

IMAG0126.jpg?t=1337363947

IMAG0135.jpg?t=1337366178
  • Woooooooo!

awesum

g.man
  • One double esp and two lungo's already down :).
  • Heh.
  • beano
    Show networks
    Wii
    all the way home.

Send message
    I think Tempy should post some Bialetti pron in here. I've seen it on instagram like...

Also nice one stormy.
    "Better than a tech demo. But mostly a tech demo for now. Exactly what we expected, crashes less and less. No multiplayer."
    - BnB NMS review, PS4, PC
  • Thanks, just wish I hadn't waited so long. Have to say I'm very impressed with it so far, gets up to temp quickly, and produces hotter coffee than my old Delonghi ever did. It's also made to a much higher quality and doesn't rattle the whole work surface whenever the pump gets going.

My Bialetti mocha pot was a great stand in, and I love it, but there really is no comparison.
  • So I went to Starbucks today. They did the name thing, I told them my name was Andre. Joke's on them.
  • I went into a Starbucks yesterday. It was quiet. There was no queue. Just me.
    Girl asks me my name to put on the cup.
    Why, says I.
    It's just so we can make sure the right person gets the right drink, says she.
    You do realise I'm the only person here don't you, says I.
    That's a fair point, says she.

no further pleasantries were exchanged

g.man
  • Raiziel
    Show networks
    Twitter
    #Raiziel
    Xbox
    Raiziel
    PSN
    NicheCode
    Wii
    Raiziel

Send message
    Did you get a coffee?
    Get schwifty.
  • They could solve this problem by doing what Caffè Nero do and have the person who serves you at the till also make your drink for you.
  • Raiziel wrote:
    Did you get a coffee?
    Ironically they did get it wrong. Made me a tall skinny mocha with whipped cream to go, when I asked for a tall mocha with whipped cream to go. Perhaps if it hadn't taken three of them to make one drink then none of this would have happened.

doh

g.man
  • I never drank coffee until a little French coffee shop opened next to my sons school, after dabbling a little I now can't start a day without a double espresso and I've spent a small fortune in daily visits.

• cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    I'm no big coffee drinker, I even resort to adding salt on occasion. However I am tempted by a percolator, is perc coffee shit then? You all mention crazy machines
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • Stove top percolators are great, and an ideal place to start your introduction to Italian coffee. A stainless steel Bialetti job will last you for years. Try Lavazza's range of coffees, they're ground perfectly for a stove top, taste great, and don't cost the earth.

With any luck you'll get hooked, and somewhere down the line may even decided to get yourself an espresso machine for that ultimate coffee shop experience :).
  • Yeah, nothing wrong with stove top. I'd add that if you can find locally someone who sells fresh beans and in various blends and such that you buy them, rather than package stuff from the supermarket. It's not bad, but if you can find a good supply, fresh beans are the business.

I get my beans from a couple of places, and it's just a matter of asking. They will check if it's for stovetop or not, and it DOES make a difference. I've tried quite a few from places and experimented a bit, and the ones they suggested weren't good for stovetop. . .weren't that great.stovetop-coffee-maker-1.gif

We've got two at home, one which does one big cup and another that does two regular cups. Lovely strong coffee.

Meanwhile, had a look ast the sunbeam jobbie I was thinking of getting. Looks like it does all that we want, and is only $330. Which is awesome. Trying to source a shop style grinder with a doser for under $400 is proving tricky. Crossed fingers I've found one, but we'll see.
    I'm still great and you still love it.
  • cockbeard
    Show networks
    Facebook
    ben.usaf
    Twitter
    @cockbeard
    PSN
    c_ckbeard
    Steam
    cockbeard

Send message
    So filter paper and a staywarm jug are bad. Just they had no kettles in Finland, so I got used to popping my tea bags where the filter goes, got brilliantly stewed tea. Thought it could also be an intro to coffee too, more investigation required
    "I spent years thinking Yorke was legit Downs-ish disabled and could only achieve lucidity through song" - Mr B
  • I got my Moka pot on Monday and I love it.

+1

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!