Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    Gonna be streaming this for a couple of hours from 20:00! Come and watch me learn some stuff and shoot some stuff and then probably dodge roll like a beast.  http://www.twitch.tv/mm_roujin

I'll be on bout 9, plz still be playin <3
  • It's looking like Vita time with this, S&S and Hyper LD all out and a dumb new commute.
  • No vita version conformed yet, the devs said they would need another team to handle the conversion.

I hope they get it ported though, it'd make an immense game for commuting.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I like this game.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Roujin wrote:
    No vita version conformed yet, the devs said they would need another team to handle the conversion. I hope they get it ported though, it'd make an immense game for commuting.

Sony have ponied up for this kind of thing in  the past if memory serves. Here's to hoping!
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    This is a cracking little game. Tough though. I need to brush up on my bullet hell skills if i'm gonna make any progress. Also, fuck you Rogue-likes with your perma-death. lol! I jest. I knew what i was getting myself into.
  • Is it like other ones where even though you die, you can unlock more powerful stuff that can randomly appear, making the next run more interesting? I love that mechanic, done well.

I've only not bought this cos I'm choosing to spend my 30-40 mins of weekday gaming time trying to not get left behind in SFV. Looks awesome.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    By playing it you get in game credits and, once you've unlocked a certain NPC, they'll go to The Breach, aka the hub world, and you can use said credits to unlock new gear that goes into the pool.
  • Is it like other ones where even though you die, you can unlock more powerful stuff that can randomly appear, making the next run more interesting? I love that mechanic, done well.

Yep! That's exactly how it is. It seems done well, as well as weapons and items there are also NPCs you can randomly discover and help which does extra stuff like provide shortcuts I think, a bit like Spelunky. 
    I've only not bought this cos I'm choosing to spend my 30-40 mins of weekday gaming time trying to not get left behind in SFV. Looks awesome.

The one good thinga bout SFV is that it's mostly fundamentals, once you have the buttons figured out for what to press at what range, you're pretty much all set apart form making sure to remember whatever your favourite/best combos/setups are.
    "Let me tell you, when yung Rouj had his Senna and Mansell Scalextric, Frank was the goddamn Professor X of F1."
  • I wish people had gone hot on Necrodancer too
  • I was playing something else at the time cant remember what :(
  • Giant Barry's Big Weekend DX

Anyway I could hear my flatmate playing this last night so like HLD it is 'in the house' I just need to fix up my steam account to share wiv em
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    I need one more credit for my fecking RPG lads.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    So i freed that trader and her robot on one of my playthroughs and she said she'd meet me back at the Breach. Is that not a permanent thing? Or was i supposed to speak to her during that run? Can you even exit back to the Breach from the lower depths?
  • Survive to the end of that floor I imagine, seemed to work for me.
  • I picked this up last night.  I'm liking it a lot, undermined only slightly by the fact that I absolutely suck at it.  (To the degree that I've only made it to the second floor a couple of times so far...)
    Spoiler:
  • Just made it to level 4!

Had a decent run with the marine, so far my fave character, his starting passive skill and gun seem really good. 

I got that passive ability where a table flip triggers a blank, amazing scenes in some of the rooms with tons of tables, bullet corpses bouncing around all over the place!
  • OK, I've just bought this. On it tonight hopefully.
  • Enjoying this but prefer nuclear throne
    Switch Friend Code: SW-5407-6034-9226

PSN: derekg
  • It's fun but it isn't grabbing me too much either. I don't feel like there's any sense of progress, which is kind of a bummer for a roguelite.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Do you mean progress as in runs, or unlocks etc? I've made a fair whack of progress and there's a hell of a lot of secrets to find.
  • Well i'm unlocking shit left and right but there's already so much available at the start that it feels like i'm piling things on top of a heap I'll not see the bottom of because I can't reliably get past Floor One, much less Floor Two. I am sure it's a requirement to 'git gud' but with Isaac I always felt like I was driving forward. Gungeon, like Rogue Legacy, has me feeling like I am stalling. 

I'd have preferred shorter, punchier floors, with bosses that weren't so tanky TBH.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Aspects of this highlight the flaws of Isaac, and vice-versa. The combat is more entertaining and skill based than Isaac imo, I'm finding Isaac an absolute cakewalk after having a few runs of this. But agreed on your point, I've been complaining about key drops and the fact its very easy to go the whole first floor with only the starter gun (marine's is solid, though) leaving you very underpowered for the second.

The first floor difficulty can stay the same but there needs to be more reward at times. If you don't get 2 (hopefully 4) keys first floor, you may as well start again.

Tip though, I've learned not to spam dodge. Its good, but its only like half a roll of i-frames so its way too easy to spam it right into a bullet or something. Handy on bosses when you know the patterns though.  Flip tables, use cover, never get in a corner. Focus on the harder feckers first, which is the opposite to what I do on Isaac so took some getting used to.

I've had what have felt like OP runs though, always fuck it on the third floor boss. Also latest patch (PC only currently) has allegedly increased key drop rates. Don't know by how much.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    JonB wrote:
    OK, I've just bought this. On it tonight hopefully.

Ah good, that means it'll be on ps+ before too long
  • That's one of the reasons I went for a new game rather than something that had been knocking around for a while.

Edit: Time to give it go, I think.
  • Had 4 goes then - 2 with marine, 1 hunter, 1 convict. Managed to get to floor 3 once (hunter), but mostly floor 2.

It definitely seems to work as a roguelike should, with that bit of luck in getting a good gun and some keys making the difference. The only thing I'm not keen on is that floor 1 is a bit of a drag after a while because it's usually easy. I don't feel like I'm ever going to die there, yet have to search it for in case of some decent early loot.
  • A few mores goes, still only got to floor 3 - it gets tough there.

One thing I don't get - what happens to the stuff I buy in the shop? I seem to be missing something.
  • Dark Soldier
    Show networks
    Xbox
    DorkSirjur
    PSN
    DorkSirjur
    Steam
    darkjunglist84

Send message
    Some will be passive items so you can't select it etc.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!