Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Boss down. He's not a boss boss is he? I've a feeling guys like that will be common later in the game.

The loot is a strange one, you can't become attached to a weapon like you do in Souls, they break or are outclassed too quickly and the whetstone is a pretty rare drop.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Still don't get the Ki pulse thing. So I knock out a combo, hit R1 as my stamina is regaining and it does what?
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    I can't decide whether to do this, or crack on with DkS3. Would do the latter were it not for the time limit, prefer staying focused on one game at a time. But not sure if I'll have it wrapped up before 5 May. Hmmmm.
  • Still don't get the Ki pulse thing. So I knock out a combo, hit R1 as my stamina is regaining and it does what?

When the stamina gauge is white if you press r1 you instantly get it all back. (The part that's white) this is good because heavy attacks use loads, so getting it right back means you can get more attacks in before risking a stagger

The boss of the first area is on the boat, anything before that is just a regular enemy
  • Is this like Dark Souls?
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Ah right, boss not done then.
  • Usually those Yokai mobs die for good though when you kill them, think of them as Black Knights in DS. The pools of black and white energy them create are Yokai energy and they hamper Ki recovery so be wary of that.
  • acemuzzy wrote:
    I can't decide whether to do this, or crack on with DkS3. Would do the latter were it not for the time limit, prefer staying focused on one game at a time. But not sure if I'll have it wrapped up before 5 May. Hmmmm.

You'll not finish this by May 5th
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Aye, the zombie things do the same shit. Surprised at the size of this then, two big areas, then a boss, then another area?
  • The area after the first boss is a different 'mission' and is a bit smaller than the then first mission, but harder overall.
  • @P

Mate, you have enough games to finish without wasting time on demos.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    It's good though.
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    acemuzzy wrote:

You'll not finish this by May 5th

Even if I pause DkS? Yoiks. Is this then unplayable, or is it just the reward for completion goes away?
  • It apparently goes away on May 5th

I think I've probably put 10-12 hours into it since the thread was made, and I still can't beat the second boss, or summon up the skill required to fully explore the second area (which we only unlocked aged about 6 or 8 hours spent clearing the first area)

It's not slim, why don't you just focus on Dark Souls until Nioh is released?
  • Not that you should just dip in, but man you are like a gaming magpie - have fun with what you've spent your money on already!
  • Finally got around to this but I don't really understand how the Ki pulse thing works, seems unnecessarily convoluted.
  • I played it for about 20 mins. Got the hang of hitting R1 after each couple of swings, but overall it seems a bit hit and miss, and suddenly finding yourself dead is tiresome.

It's one of those games where I'm not sure if I just need to learn it properly or it just isn't very good, and I'm also not sure I can be arsed either way. If 'mistakes' are going to be punished that harshly, it seems like there'll be too much repetition.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    I didn't have you pegged for a sissy boy Jon.
  • JonB wrote:
    I played it for about 20 mins. Got the hang of hitting R1 after each couple of swings, but overall it seems a bit hit and miss, and suddenly finding yourself dead is tiresome.

It's one of those games where I'm not sure if I just need to learn it properly or it just isn't very good, and I'm also not sure I can be arsed either way. If 'mistakes' are going to be punished that harshly, it seems like there'll be too much repetition.

I found this too. Instant punishment for not having the chance to learn the intricacies of combat is cheap as fuck.
    Dying without learning isn't what Souls is about and this desperately wants to be Souls. Hopefully this is addressed in the final game but at the moment I'm feeling lucky as opposed to feeling like I'm getting it.
    Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    Tempy wrote:
    It apparently goes away on May 5th I think I've probably put 10-12 hours into it since the thread was made, and I still can't beat the second boss, or summon up the skill required to fully explore the second area (which we only unlocked aged about 6 or 8 hours spent clearing the first area) It's not slim, why don't you just focus on Dark Souls until Nioh is released?
    Tempy wrote:
    Not that you should just dip in, but man you are like a gaming magpie - have fun with what you've spent your money on already!

I'm much less of a magpie than I used to be tyvm!  This hold timed thing is the only annoyance here, otherwise i absolutely wouldn't be rushing it.  But there's a danger i might end up buying the full game down the line and then not liking it, which I could have avoided had I played the demo, say.
  • I didn't have you pegged for a sissy boy Jon.
    Why I oughtta...

It's usually the sort of thing I'd like, but I dunno about this one. With something like Ninja Gaiden you get the feeling it's proper good from the start, even when it's kicking your arse.

Best thing for this I think is to see how the full game is received. If it's generally thought to be great, then I'll give it a try.
  • Paul the sparky
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Paul the sparky
    PSN
    Neon_Sparks
    Steam
    Paul_the_sparky

Send message
    Everyone had Revel pegged for a sissy. If you're dying and not learning from it, why are you blaming the game instead of yourself?
  • It needs some tweaking but the core of a brilliant game is definitely here. Tweaking the damage in/out of enemies will be of tantamount importance, but it is tempting me to pre-order off the back of how much fun I had with the demo, especially with my first few hours in DSIII feeling very much like a Taking Heads refrain.
  • I can understand it's not going to be for everyone, but I have room in my life for a sadistic game.
  • Everyone had Revel pegged for a sissy. If you're dying and not learning from it, why are you blaming the game instead of yourself?

Guilty as charged. Have a t shirt and everything.
    I guess I like a game to try explaining what your meant to do. I kind of expected after three hours to have made some kind of progress. I still seem to be progressing through absolute luck. Probably better just not to bother with it.

Sometimes here. Sometimes Lurk. Occasionally writes a bad opinion then deletes it before posting..
  • acemuzzy
    Show networks
    PSN
    Acemuzzy
    Steam
    Acemuzzy (aka murray200)
    Wii
    3DS - 4613-7291-1486

Send message
    DkS3 loosely speaking complete. May try this tonight, at least briefly.
  • Have fun, muzzy. I found it appealing in concept but poor in execution. But hey, horses for courses.
  • Curtis
    Show networks
    Facebook
    Curtis Rolph
    Twitter
    CUR715
    Xbox
    CUR715
    PSN
    C_R
    Steam
    CUR715
    Wii
    CUR715

Send message
    The beta demo is on the PSN store by the way. ;)

They've made a bunch of changes since the last demo (which i never tried) based on fan feedback which is a promising sign.

Its actually alright, if a little rudimentary. It'll obviously never feel as refined as the Souls games, but its on the right track. I just hope there's a decent game behind the enjoyable and satisfying combat system.
  • Bollockoff
    Show networks
    PSN
    Bollockoff
    Steam
    Bollockoff

Send message
    Apparently it's timed like last time?

Gotta go fast.
  • I missed it last time, no way I'll miss it this time. Possibly my fave genre (brawler fighter type thing) so i need to get on this. 

How does this work... I just download and then it just self deletes/expires at deadline? Are there limited downloads, so I gotta be quick?
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!