COD INFINITE WARFARE. no really.
‹ Previous12345678
  • https://youtu.be/EeF3UTkCoxY

So this trailer is apparently breaking "dislike" button records. And it seems pretty shark jumpy to me.

Looks very very shiny though.

Thoughts on mp from those that know?

I will be shit at updating op if this requires more than this, so feel free to start a new one if there's a group who want a proper op.

I'm still great and you still love it.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    The dislikes are just for the COD4 pack-in for the superpricey version though. This will be another serviceable/good COD from Infinity Ward surely?
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • The biggest problem with this is that it will play like CoD, something I've not been interested in since the nonsense of MW2.
  • The biggest problem with this is that it will play like CoD, something I've not been interested in since the nonsense of CoD4. 
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • COD2 was best in series. This won't change that.
    [quote=Skerret]Unless someone very obviously insults your loved ones with intent, take nothing here seriously.[/quote]
  • Hodge360 wrote:
    COD2 was best in series. This won't change that.
    I am a FREE. I am not MAN. A NUMBER.
  • Looks shite but maybe jingoism in space is better than jingoism on earth.
  • It's a better trailer than they've done for ages, but yeah, it's COD.

Down voters are the sort of people that comment on youtube.
  • What's the "settlement" they yak on about, is it mars or the moon or something?
  • I thought this was going to be a Modern Warfare remake.
  • Love me a CoD campaign. Really looking forward to it.
  • Gamermike wrote:
    I thought this was going to be a Modern Warfare remake.

Think it comes with it but can't be bought separately for some odd reason. Activision does not want my cash monies - they've not got it since MW2.
  • There'll be a ton of codes on eBay if people really just want to buy the code. There always is with bundled codes.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Dislike.
  • isanbard
    Show networks
    Twitter
    Hiplo
    Xbox
    isanbard
    PSN
    DAQster
    Steam
    Isanbard
    Wii
    3DS 0361-6861-4525

Send message
    Give it a few months and the cod4 bit'll be on the digi stores too surely.
    GT: isanbard PSN: DAQster DS-FC: 0361-6861-4525 AC: Bumdirt
  • I played the MW trilogy but I have no interest in new CoD. Coincidentally I recently played a few rounds of CoD4. It still holds up. I wouldn't mind paying a little for a version that isn't hacked.

Why haven't they learned from Nintendo? They spend hundreds of millions making a new game every year that only cannibalises sales and the community from last year's game.
    "..the pseudo-Left new style.."
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    Nintendo have got about half a dozen franchises that they can create a sequel to once or twice in a console's lifespan and people lap them up. Few devs can manage that.
  • I would've bought the MW remake but not paying silly prices for this Legacy edition. Load of old tosh if you ask me.
    Not everything is The Best or Shit. Theres many levels between that, lets just enjoy stuff.
  • Yossarian wrote:
    Nintendo have got about half a dozen franchises that they can create a sequel to once or twice in a console's lifespan and people lap them up. Few devs can manage that.
    But CoD is one of those franchises. Nintendo kept on marketing MK on Wii as if it was a new game. They were still running TV ads when it was 3 or 4 years old. CoD wouldn't have it quite so cosy because it's in direct competition with a few other shooters but I'm confident they could halve the number of releases.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    So the Infinity Ward knock out one game then spend 3 years doing nothing while they milk it?
  • All right, Pachter
  • Yossarian wrote:
    So the Infinity Ward knock out one game then spend 3 years doing nothing while they milk it?
    Yes. Take a three year holiday then make the next game in the week before release.
  • What's the logic for releasing less games, more games equals more money I'd have thought.
  • I_R wrote:
    What's the logic for releasing less games, more games equals more money I'd have thought.

New game cannibalises sales of old game. Old game needs only marketing, new game requires development costs, and marketing costs.
  • I_R wrote:
    What's the logic for releasing less games, more games equals more money I'd have thought.
    New game cannibalises sales of old game. Old game needs only marketing, new game requires development costs, and marketing costs.
    If you can sell 20 million copies every year I'd guess you're still ahead. They surely wouldn't boost sales that much by slowing down the release schedule.
  • Yossarian
    Show networks
    Xbox
    Yossarian Drew
    Steam
    Yossarian_Drew

Send message
    I_R wrote:

Sales of old games are likely to be close to zero a year after release. Unless you're Nintendo and users have no other games to buy.
  • Majority of sales are in the first month. Think that has more to do with hype than people thinking "well I'll wait 11 months for the next one".
    For Cod it will also have a lot to do with online play, trying to pick up maps etc months in when everyone else knows them isn't ideal.
    KD ratios are really important in life after all.
  • Majority of sales are in the first month because that's the way the industry has built it. Mario Kart Wii for example, sold 13 million units in the first year, 2008. That's a lot.

It's now sold 35 million, hitting 7 million in 2009, 5 million in 2010, 5 million in 2011, 2 million in 2012, and a million in 2013. It sold over half a million in 2014 and 2015.

Now you can say 'Oh, that's Nintendo', but others can do it. The Uncharted games, whilst not doing Nintendo numbers have sold very well the following year when there hasn't been a new game coming out.
  • Activision fucked up releasing too many Tony Hawk and Guitar Hero games, COD is another beast though.

People seem content buying it for a fresh set of MP maps like FIFA/Madden fans are for updated rosters.
    オレノナハ エラー ダ
‹ Previous12345678

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!